Info On "red X"

undeadhepcat

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, my evidence is just as valid as yours......basically, circumstantial......

it's Robin, let's leave it at that, or I'll show you the proof I have that it's Stephanie Brown......

Not really. Yours can be written away quite quickly as any reinterpritation. If you take yours, then we can all safely say that the Spider-Man in the movie was obviously not Peter Parker because Spider-Man dresses differently. We can also say that none of the X-Men appeared in the X-Men because they wore costumes, not crappy leather suits.

really, please, for our sake, re-post your 'proof' that it's Dick, without using the following:

Alternate realities (Larry the Titan)

Alternate Futures (Fat Beast Boy/Nightwing)

Alternate POVs (The Graysons falling)

really, please, for our sake, re-post your 'proof' that it's Dick, without using the following:

How is Alternate Point of View not proof? Are we just discrediting anything that proves you wrong now?

I suppose you're also going to try to discredit the original comics everything is based on? That can't possibly be the source material of THESE stories especially since Robin is wearing the wrong clothes.

Or how about notice the Robin possibilties on Beast Boy's list. Note that Time Traveling Robin (as Nightwing) is a possibility. Ha, I worked in Nightwing without going to alternate times!

More of this topic later when I'm not ten minutes late to being somewhere

How is Alternate Point of View not proof? Are we just discrediting anything that proves you wrong now?

I was quite specific on which Alternate POV I meant....

I suppose you're also going to try to discredit the original comics everything is based on? That can't possibly be the source material of THESE stories especially since Robin is wearing the wrong clothes.

It's only the basic framework, if they adhered to the comics, Speedy would be a junkie, and both Speedy and Aqualad wouldn't be HONORARY Titans, they'd be FOUNDING Titans.......sew up that hole in your logic on your way out.....

Or how about notice the Robin possibilties on Beast Boy's list. Note that Time Traveling Robin (as Nightwing) is a possibility. Ha, I worked in Nightwing without going to alternate times!

That's only a possibility for the identity of Red X, not the Titans Robin.....

More of this topic later when I'm not ten minutes late to being somewhere

can't wait!

I read up on the Grayson's falling...dick was in the audiance when his parents fell! It is reinforced in the latest issue of Nightwing ( due to Nightwing having a year one run he revisits the circus before becomming Nightwing)

bull, I'm a Batman historian, Dick was on the trapeze, waiting for his dad's return......so that he could pull off the quad.....

read Robin: Year One

Edited by HardRockBatman00

guys, Taichi still thinks the classic Zodac was black...I have learned not to argue when he is in devil's advocate mode. He only does this to get a rise out of you @smilepunch@

I remember that on the other forum. That lasted through 9+ pages. LOL

Let's just say Robin is Dick since it has no connection to the other shows and he is most known as Robin. Besides, this titan series appears to be based off of wolfman's comic run. You guys are readin it this debate too closely. Hell, Robin can be Bruce Wayne from an alternate past and that the whole grayson scene is shown since he was in the audience for all we know. As for that bat scene in one of the ep, you can say that Robin sees bats as his parents. *sigh*

The posters who said about the suit takin a life as itself own and some random thief are more valid guesses than the others I have read.

This will be the last post I make here since I don't want to argue since it is just dumb to.

first off Taichi watch your language...2nd this is a discussion im just placing what i found out here on the page...Read this months Nightwing issue 103 on page 5 or 6 it shows dick in the audiance watching his parents fall...i too thought he was on the trapeeze but this proves me and you to be wrong at the moment

or rather, it proves the writer of Nightwing incompetent.....

I assure you there are far more instances of Dick on the Trapeze than off it.......

therefore, I go for majority rules......

nevertheless, I apologize for my language......it won't happen again....

Its all good brotha...from one Bat freak to another...i respect your opinions and i too was confused about the trapeze...but you are right there are more refrences to that then what i just read

or rather, it proves the writer of Nightwing incompetent.....

I assure you there are far more instances of Dick on the Trapeze than off it.......

therefore, I go for majority rules......

What the devil? When did they change it? I thought he was on it... Anybody remember if he was on the trapeze or off of it in the Animated Show?

I can't think of anymore offhand Robin points. I still believe the only valid Tim point is the use of the bo staff.

But it's obvious as to Robin's Identity even if you were only kind of paying attention to the newest episode.... He's obviously a Newfu Construct! ;)

okay, BCS, I'll admit....

in TAS, Dick was standing on the ground, looking up when his folks bit it.....

but in the comics, he was on the Trapeze......at least until the most recent issue of Nightwing, it seems......

okay, BCS, I'll admit....

in TAS, Dick was standing on the ground, looking up when his folks bit it.....

but in the comics, he was on the Trapeze......at least until the most recent issue of Nightwing, it seems......

I suppose they'd think it'd be too traumatic for kids if he was on the trapeze, so they just slightly changed it to him on the ground. I wonder if the current Nightwing writer just happened to watch cartoons instead of reading old comics. @hmmm@

Yeah...because a kid watching his parents fall to their death from any given perspective can make or break how traumatic it is...

Oh, and Dick became Nightwing when Tim was Robin in the BAS, right? Given all these lovely points, plus Batman saying Robin was with the Titans...I think the guys who do most of the JLU/BAS/Static stuff TRY to connect Titans, but the guys who work in Titans...could really care less. Thus leading to these lovely fanboy arguments that last for pages and pages...sad as it may be, we'll have to live with it being Dick Drake or Tim Grayson...it's not either of the real deals here...much less are the producers caring for it to be.

Yeah...because a kid watching his parents fall to their death from any given perspective can make or break how traumatic it is...

Keep in mind my memory of the different ways Robin's parents have died is kind of rusty, so anyways here I go.

If Dick's on the other trapeze about to catch his parents or was even a part of the act while his parents fell to their deaths, I think it'd be a little worse just because there's almost that subconscious note about how Dick could have failed his parents and allowed them to die, almost. Like Y'Know?

Going on the point that Batman said Robin is with the Titans could be at any point given that every Robin was with the Titans at some point...so i wouldnt hold that to having much weight in the argument!

I look at the whole thing like this. The Robin in Teen Titans IS Dick Grayson. Period. When the series switched over from TAS to the BAS Adventures, the new Robin was Tim Drake and later Dick came back full grown as Nightwing. The series concurently went to Justice League(now Unlimited.) Teen Titans seems seperate from Justice League and Static Shock, BUT there is a possibility that TT takes place in between TAS and BASA. I think it would be cool for Robin to become Nightwing, leave and have Tim join as Robin, just for kicks.

I say its Dick as well but they gave him Tims costume modified with Dicks colors...i just think if it was Tim...Cyborg, Starfire, BB, and Raven would be alittle older....another thing that makes me belive its Dick is when Robin was fighting as Slades Apprentance Slade says soon you will call me father or something like that and Robin looks at him and says i already have a dad and the scene pans up and you see Bats flying around and you here what sounds like the bat symphony...that one episode proved to me that it was dick

I say its Dick as well but they gave him Tims costume modified with Dicks colors...i just think if it was Tim...Cyborg, Starfire, BB, and Raven would be alittle older....another thing that makes me belive its Dick is when Robin was fighting as Slades Apprentance Slade says soon you will call me father or something like that and Robin looks at him and says i already have a dad and the scene pans up and you see Bats flying around and you here what sounds like the bat symphony...that one episode proved to me that it was dick

Okay, uhm, you are aware that at the time that episode aired, Tim Drake's father was still alive in the comics, right?

he was recently murdered, but he was the only Robin to have a surviving parent, while in costume......