My Joe Hq

revsears

Reagwon's (sp?) custom pit inspired me to do one. He even helped me out by sending me a few things to print out, and pointing me to joecustoms.com.

breifing.jpg

Here Duke, Beachead, Flint and Lady J are hanging out in the breifing room waiting for Hawk. They are the Joe command so unless one of them is gone and stalker talks there place they are usualy the ones in here.

000_0011.jpg

Here is the podium used to address the troops. THis is also where the chaplin (me!) preaches the troops if they want to listen.

I fixed the peice of tape that was out of place. You can't see the tape in regular light, but man it shows up with the flash of a camera. The sticker is actuataly the licesne plate from the brawler.

000_0012.jpg

a medical room! Blue angel there is a halotrooper/rescue medic, he is just sitting in for doc at the moment. If i take him out, it can double as a bedroom. the pillow and blanket are an cut outs from an old pair of boxers lol.

000_0013.jpg

here is hawk's office. Notice hawk can sit down! i trimmed off all his skirt except the belt on it.

(i'm editing this thread as i work on the pic size

000_0014.jpg

A shot of the whole thing. You can see a bend in the paper near the poduim, i fixed it after i noticed it.

000_0009.jpg

here is a shot of the computer room, the panels are from a xevoz toy. The paint streaks again, don't show up except in the flash.

000_0015.jpg

here is another shot of the breifing room

some notes, i did this way backwards! lol. Putting up the walls before i put paper on em, and before i had done the floor (aside from grid paper) so if anyone else attempts this, plan ! lol. and hot glue is a no no no! as it makes to many buldges.

I actuataly ended up likning the grids as tile floor.

I need to add one more room, a rec room. and eventualy replace the walls.

This is going up in storage for awhile though, so i'm done with it for now. I have to put a lot of my stuff up soon.

Hey rev, when you get settled in your new place(town), I'd suggest gitting up the nearest hobby store and buying some foam board, and replace your walls, I really think it'll help make the place look a lot "cleaner". Looks cool, but the paper kinda takes away from the coolness... also, look in the doll house section and look for some doll house wall paper, works pretty well... just dont get too many flower designs ;)

Hey rev, when you get settled in your new place(town), I'd suggest gitting up the nearest hobby store and buying some foam board, and replace your walls, I really think it'll help make the place look a lot "cleaner". Looks cool, but the paper kinda takes away from the coolness... also, look in the doll house section and look for some doll house wall paper, works pretty well... just dont get too many flower designs ;)

I agree, the real problem is though i did this backwards lol. I put up the cardboard and then taped white paper on. Hot glue made big buldges and i had no regular glue.

My brother really liked the grid paper as tiles, so he convinced me to leave it in. as the floor for most of it.

the town is just as small as this one lol infact smaller by a bit! poo.

That must be the trailer park edition?

@smilepunch@

It's a little rough around the edges, but joe covered some of the details that might help to spruce it up a bit. ;)

That looks really cool. I've been meaning to make a base for my guys too, if I ever get off me lazy butt.

The grid paper for tiling is a cool idea.

My only suggestion is that if you intend to use paper for the floors or walls, get the paper laminated and then cut it to whatever dimensions you need. That way it will hold up better to any wear-and-tear, as well as make it easier to dust.

TAPs on to something with the paper being laminated, ;)

I just picked up a piece of foam board at my local walmart, so check there if you have one... I'm re-doing my custom workbench and I want to make a small area for my customs, so I'm gonna try it out, I'll let you know how it turns out... now... where'd I put my laminator... @hmmm@

Doesn't foam board have a tendency to crumble?

Foam core is actually the material you want to get. It's available at all craft and hobby shops, art supplies and even Wal-Marts.

It's thin boards of covered foam, that's easy to cut, shape and even paint. It's not just a piece of styro foam, that would tend to crumble, if that's what you were thinking they were talking about?

Foam core is actually the material you want to get. It's available at all craft and hobby shops, art supplies and even Wal-Marts.

It's thin boards of covered foam, that's easy to cut, shape and even paint. It's not just a piece of styro foam, that would tend to crumble, if that's what you were thinking they were talking about?

Thanks VH, that's what I was talking about, I found mine in the supplies section by the poster boards ;) and they sell them in a couple different colors too :)

SO... GO... OFF TO WALMART!!!!!

RevSears,

I like the the new ideas you added to initial design of my pit. The detailing needs some work. I usually glue my wallpaper to the foamcore as everyone mentioned and use a hot glue gun to keep the wall secure at the edges.

Yeah, I was thinking of those big sheets of styrofoam you can buy at craft stores. Thanks for clearing it up.