Superfriends

Cyclonus8

Yeah, Samurai, Black Vulcan, Apache Chief, and the Wonder Twins were created by HB for the TV series. You won't find him in the DC Encyclopedia, he doesn't exist. Surprisingly a Super Powers figure was made of him, but that's where it stops.

The two kids with the dog were also HB characters.

Samurai! Yeah! He rocked!!!... Sorta... His Super Powers figure is like impossible to find...

Samurai! Yeah! He rocked!!!... Sorta... His Super Powers figure is like impossible to find...

And pricey too...But he was a cool figure to have :)

I had one as a kid, he was always a shelf warmer when Super Powers was available.

And pricey too...But he was a cool figure to have :)

I had one as a kid, he was always a shelf warmer when Super Powers was available.

Are you serious?...

Man I guess that pretty much set the precedence for modern secondary characters and why they have the case ratios they have now huh? Stinks!

Samurai did appear in Kingdom Come (it's a bit part), but this was an Elseworlds story. He looked completely different, witha samurai helmet and mask. He is in the background on one of the covers (the Batman one I believe). He has never been part of the DCU proper.

Wonder Twins are actually part of the DC Universe now, thanks to "Extreme Justice". I guess I was the only one who read that series...

Really? Those two were so ridiculous. Could you fill us in on how that happened since you probably are the only one who read that series?

I read Extreme Justice. It was actually a good book. The team was Captain Atom, Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Maxima, and Amazing Man. They were fighting a group who called themselves "The Legion of Doom" though it had no relation to teh cartoon version (It was led by Brainwave). Anyway, in that story, there were two alien twins, who were for all intents and purposes the Wonder Twins. They did not call themselves that. In fact, they only spoke in an alien language, depicted by symbols. They were only in like two or three issues, and the writer was obviously a fan of Superfriends. As far as I know that was their first and only appearance in the DCU.

By the way, this was not a Total Justice tie-in. It was a proper DCU Justice League spin-off. It only lasted like 18 issues though.

As far as I know that was their first and only appearance in the DCU.

Nope, they later appeared at the end of "Young Justice" as part of their 'extended family' when they attacked the super villian nation(Name slips my mind...).

They also ate part of the jet and still only spoke in their alien language but did look more like their 'toon counterparts here.

Does anybody know if/when season 2 of the Superfriends is going to be released on DVD? The first season came out when Batman: TAS season one was released. Now that B: TAS season 2 is out already, I thought we'd see the next installment of SF.

@bats@

Technically, it is not Season 2 of Superfriends. The "Challenge of the Superfriends is actually the fifth incarnation of the show, and all episodes of it were contained on the disc. Superfriends ran in several "seasons," that ran with different titles and openings. They would produce some seasons at the same time, and sometimes go years without producing any. here's the list:

Superfriends - 1973 - 16 Episodes

The All-New Superfriends Hour - 1977 - 16 Episoded

Superfriends - 1978 - 16 Episodes

Challenge of the Superfriends - 1978 - 16 Episodes

The World's Greatest Superfriends - 1979 - 8 Episodes

Superfriends - 1980 - 66 Episodes (7 Minute Shorts)

Superfriends The Legendary Super Powers Show - 1984 - 16 Episodes

Super Powers Team Galactic Guardians - 1985 - 10 Episodes

The origianl shows featured Wnedy and Marvin, and were pretty awful, more like Scooby Doo thant Justice League. The best stuff was produced in 78-79 and ran with "Challenge." The Super Powers stuff was also very good and I would like to see that on DVD.

Technically, it is not Season 2 of Superfriends. The "Challenge of the Superfriends is actually the fifth incarnation of the show, and all episodes of it were contained on the disc. Superfriends ran in several "seasons," that ran with different titles and openings. They would produce some seasons at the same time, and sometimes go years without producing any. here's the list:

Superfriends - 1973 - 16 Episodes

The All-New Superfriends Hour - 1977 - 16 Episoded

Superfriends - 1978 - 16 Episodes

Challenge of the Superfriends - 1978 - 16 Episodes

The World's Greatest Superfriends - 1979 - 8 Episodes

Superfriends - 1980 - 66 Episodes (7 Minute Shorts)

Superfriends The Legendary Super Powers Show - 1984 - 16 Episodes

Super Powers Team Galactic Guardians - 1985 - 10 Episodes

The origianl shows featured Wnedy and Marvin, and were pretty awful, more like Scooby Doo thant Justice League. The best stuff was produced in 78-79 and ran with "Challenge." The Super Powers stuff was also very good and I would like to see that on DVD.

Yeah, I know that, but I didn't think I needed to get that technical. Since only one season has been released on DVD, the next release is the second season.....and being born in 1971, I've seen all of them at one point or another.

So does anybody know the answer?

@bats@