Justice League Unlimited - Season 4

Bespin refugee

I liked the episode, always good to have the occasional villians win episode thrown into the mix, along with having a episode that doesn't have the big three in it, just to show that the league can function without them around.

However I believe that there were a few problems with it. Why did the league attack the Annihilator? Surely they were all made aware that attacking it would do nothing, and how could four people be replaced like that without anyone asking any questions. Surely there was someone already on the station that would know one of the four that were replaced.

I did like the Hawkgirl comment made to GL, that would be enough to throw him off his game for a few minutes so it was a smart one to use.

And I would have liked to have seen them in their costumes, but well that would have been somewhat pointless for the episode.

I do think that it was a good episode, but its one that is more of a building episode then a stand alone, so it really can't be judged till more of the story plays out. If anything this one feels like part one of a two or three parter.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiousity, what's the difference between Doomsday's comic origin and his JLU origin?  (Basically, what's his story in the comics?)

i'm a lil rusty on this, but please, anyone feel free to correct me or add anything, but doomsday was a weapon built on krypton for some reason, and in his eyes, when he looks as kal-el, he see's his creator whom he really hates. basically they got rid of him, off into space, he crashed on earth, stayed buried for a long ass time, then finally broke free and just went crazy. when he saw kal, he saw his creator and thats why they fought so much. thats just a rough overview. ....i could be totally wrong on that, but i think thats how it goes.

You're on the money about DD's origin. Everytime he saw Supes, he saw his creator's face & wanted to pummel the crap outta him! Season 2 of JLU is just awesome & gets better with each new episode they show. For those of you that don't know, Task Force X is the official name of the Suicide Squad. The censors aren't gonna let the "unofficial" name be used on a show watched by kids you know.

Is there a new JLU episode on tonight?.. If not, then whens the next one?

Spoilerssssssssss

I'm eagerly awaiting to see captain atom vs sups &huntress :D

Tonight's episode is a new one. Titled "The Balance"

Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl must put aside thier differences to join forces again Felix Faust who took over the Underworld! ;)

I wouldn't go as far as to say their friends...just that they're willing to work together for the common good. Like oil and vinegar...work together, but don't mix.

Personally I was a little disappointed by the episode, though I guess thats to be expected, not even the greatness that is Hawkgirl can fix a boring WW driven story.

Found some of Hawkgirls lines to be a little out of character as well. She was being used to much like the comedic sidekick just didn't work for me.

Flash of course worked well in this episode, in small doses I really enjoy the character, and I think that he should have had a larger role in the episode, just so they had the true comedic sidekick involved instead of forcing it on the character that uses more subtle humor.

I also thought that the league had more magic users then just the ones that were featured.

And I still stand by my statement that WW is the biggest bigot in the league, instead of getting together a team of leaguers (even if its a all female team) to go take care of this, she decides instead that its ok to break into someones room steal their possessions and go it alone risking the entire planet again just because of her people's beliefs.

Wonder Woman should have stayed a pig and been turned into a breakfast side by now.

Also I have a pretty good idea what Shayera believes WW doesn't have and I completely and totally agree with her assumption.

I didn't care for the episode though really for one major thing, Hawkgirl was far far to nice to WW. I hope that she is still cold to her for quite some time after this episode.

I enjoyed tonights episode "The Balance". One question though had did Filix Faust (or his student as the case may be) get that armor if it was stolen by Task Force X in the previous episode?

John

I enjoyed tonights episode "The Balance". One question though had did Filix Faust (or his student as the case may be) get that armor if it was stolen by Task Force X in the previous episode?

John

I believe that she was part of the Cadmus project. Which is how she was given the armor.

I like the two army of darkness reference. The book that Hawkgirl picks up looks like the nerconamicon( I thought it was a reference before the faust's speech.)

The 2nd reference is that Faust mentions the nerconamicon being compared as a child's book.

I don't know if the nerconamicon is in any other story besides Evil Dead, but I thought it was cool that they mentioned it.

John

I believe that she was part of the Cadmus project. Which is how she was given the armor.

I don't remember her. They should have explained that or something.

John

well, synch is in Canada, so he may seen the eps that R new to us

roar! @can@ sorry guys hope I havn't spoiled any thing for ya... I had no idea we were actaully AHEAD of something for a change @bH@

Allso, you guys got some great episodes coming up!

I like the two army of darkness reference. The book that Hawkgirl picks up looks like the nerconamicon( I thought it was a reference before the faust's speech.)

The 2nd reference is that Faust mentions the nerconamicon being compared as a child's book.

I don't know if the nerconamicon is in any other story besides Evil Dead, but I thought it was cool that they mentioned it.

Far as I know that book style is only from evil dead, I quite enjoyed it as well, & once again sorry guys, I had no idea @can@ was ahead of @usa@ in episodes :(

The Hercules series with Kevin Sorbo actually. Dang! Where's my copy of Who's Who in the DC Universe to help shed light on those three little dudes for you guys? Just had it a moment ago. Can't complain about this epiosde too much. Got to see Hawkgirl in action is what helps give it a plus in my book.

The Hercules series with Kevin Sorbo actually. Dang! Where's my copy of Who's Who in the DC Universe to help shed light on those three little dudes for you guys? Just had it a moment ago. Can't complain about this epiosde too much. Got to see Hawkgirl in action is what helps give it a plus in my book.

Ah but evil dead came out first, so anything in herc is just ED homage it self :)

Synch, from what I can tell, it looks like you're quite a few eps ahead (4-5?).

I had hoped we were getting the ep seen in the previews this week (I lost track of the eps); this one felt like a 'filler' to me :-/. Not really a bad episode, just not what I was hoping for.

On a side note, I didn't even realize/notice Wonder Woman's lasso didn't have the 'truth' capabities until now.

By the way, according to CN's schedule:

June 4 (9pm ET) "Double Date"

June 11 (9pm ET) " Clash"

June 12 (10:30pm ET) "Clash"

June 18 (9pm ET) "Mystery In Space"

Well, actually, Hercules with Kevin Sorbo and Evil Dead is produced or rather created by the same guy(Sam Riamsi,) so it is still hard to say since the Hercules series could play homage to evil dead unless the nerconomicon is from Greek stories and such.

Geez...

Haven't you people ever heard of H.P. Lovecraft?

The Necronomicon is a FAKE book that Lovecraft created and used in many of his stories. Things like "The Re-Animator", "The Call of Cthulhu", and "The Dunwich Horror", among many others. Raimi is apparantly a fan, and used the book as a device in the Evil Dead movies.

A little trivia for you...Lovecraft is also the guy responsible for "Arkham Asylum". It's a place from his stories that DC comics adapted for their own use.

Geez...

Haven't you people ever heard of H.P. Lovecraft?

The Necronomicon is a FAKE book that Lovecraft created and used in many of his stories. Things like "The Re-Animator", "The Call of Cthulhu", and "The Dunwich Horror", among many others. Raimi is apparantly a fan, and used the book as a device in the Evil Dead movies.

A little trivia for you...Lovecraft is also the guy responsible for "Arkham Asylum". It's a place from his stories that DC comics adapted for their own use.

Well, I am ignorant to the origin of the nerconamicon, hence why I asked or else I woudln't have made that comment......Geez

I think Canada is a bit ahead of US but I usually watch the show in my computer.

JLU is a lot better than I thought. At first I thought it would be boring to show that many less known characters but the story is gettting better and better. The plot is tied in with the Justice Lords and CADMUS, its great.

Hee Hee. Looks like Black Canary and Huntress can give WW and HG a run for their money in the can't get along department.

the next couple episodes are great ;)

I think the last new episode we got here was

"Question Authority"

but I'm not really sure... I wonder when we will see new ones hmm?:) How much long is JLU gona last, anyone know?..

Posable Spoilersssssssssssssss

Highlight to see

|

|

|

|

|

v

Stop lookn now for those who have the classic colors (non blue & white)

The last episode I watched, super man & huntress were trying to take the question back from... those guys whatever you call em... Doomsday guys... & then the captain atom came in to stop them

^

|

|

|

End

I think the last new episode we got here was

"Question Authority"

but I'm not really sure... I wonder when we will see new ones hmm? How much long is JLU gona last, anyone know?..

It looks like you're 3 eps ahead, with 4 more eps* left in the season. (7 eps left in US, 4 in Canada ;) )

Beyond that...?

*Tvtome.com: JLU Episode List (Spoiler Warning!)