A New Idea For Hasbro

dblogan

Here is an idea for Hasbro.

Because so many of us want to a base of operation but are not willing to spend a fortune, why not create smaller bases or outpost that can then be assemble into a larger one.

The BTR GI Joe base gave me this idea.

Hasbro can create parts that can be interchangeable, it can be a GI Joe or Cobra base-- and keeping it under $15.00,. They can bring out a new part every quarter. This would also favor those who have limited space to keep display their Joes and Cobras.

There are unlimited possiblities with this. Hasbro can add new figures, weapons and accessories accommandating to particular base or outpost.

I would buy it without hesitation.

What do you think?

db

This idea has been thrown around a lot. In my opinion, it is a good one. I think the only argument that has come up against it is, "what happens if someone misses a piece? Then, they'll lose interest entirely!".

I don't really buy that, especially if every part was made to interact with every other part. That way, 1000 collectors could each have the same 10 parts, but they could all arrange them in unique ways. Plus, if you missed one, it wouldn't affect your ability to use others.

I think the main problem is that designing something like this that is sellable as a standalone product would take some expensive design work and no one at Hasbro has been able to figure out if they would sell enough of each unit to make the expense worthwhile.

I'd buy some, though.

I think I'd go for things like independant buildings and stuff. Something like the recent Ninja Battles playset and the upcoming "Venomization chamber" are steps in the right direction. But they could sell small buildings that would function as barracks or outposts or whatever, not main headquarters. You know Hasbro would love to sell something called "Cobra Garrison" or "G.I.Joe Outpost" or somesuch.

+-MWG-+

I really think they are headed in the right direction too!!!!

But until i see a BASE like the POWER TEAM ELITE one----------

Ill still complain about it----------i want a base that can be COBRA OR JOE

A JAIL , A ARMORY, A OP/COMM CENTER, A BIG SCREEN , A DOJO,

AND Then you can give us a EXCLUSIVE ----COBRA THRONE ROOM-----

AND MAYBE A JOE ROUND TABLE /OP CENTER

OR JUST GIVE US 2 pices with every wave

one JOE one COBRA------------

AND THEY COULD PACKAGE IT LIKE THE NINJA BATTLES

HAVE THE BEST OF THE PLAYSET DUE OUT AROUND CHRIMAS AND MAKE I A LITTLE BIGGER!!!!!!!

14.99 per piece is a very obtainable price---IMO------------

And that way "PARENTS" Arent like DAMN IM NOT GONNA PAY $70.00

FOR A PLAYSET FOR LITTLE JONNY------------

BUT 14.99 FOR ONE PIECE AND 30.00 FOR TWO -----EVERY 2-3 MONTHS IS VERY REALISTIC-------------TO ME ANYWAYS

AND WHEN YOUR DONE YOU HAVE A BASE THAT HAS 8-9 PIECES AND

IS BIG AND INTERCHANGABLE!!!!!!!

IVE SAID THIS ALL BEFORE!!!!! I JUST HOPE ONE OF THESE TIMES A HASBRO REP OR SOMEONE WILL SEE IT!!!!

LOL--YEAH RIGHT!!!!!

DOC

What would be really cool,release the next waves in one box with a playset,get it all at once.Every wave would have a new playset and theme,I think that would be very cool.

What would be really cool,release the next waves in one box with a playset,get it all at once.Every wave would have a new playset and theme,I think that would be very cool.

BUT--------THINK OF THE PRICE--------

ONE WAVE IS WHAT-----10-12 FIGURES

SO LETS SAY THEY PRICE THEM AT 30.00 FOR ALL AND THEN A PLAYSET

WERE TALKING A TOTAL PRICE OF 60.00--80.00!!!!!!!

UNLESS IT WAS A REMADE TERROR DROME OR ORIGNAL JOE HQ

OR SOMETHING NEW AND COMPARABLE---IT WOULD COLLECT DUST!!!!

AND ID REALLY BET---- NOT A DISTRIBTOR WOULD EVEN TOUCH IT!!!!!

LOOK AT THE PRICES OF THE COBRA MOUNTAIN AND MCC ONLY 12 MONTHS AFTER THEY HIT

I SEEN C. MOUNTAIN GOING FOR $5.00!!!!

I SEEN MCC FOR 20.00---------AND THEY STILL SAT THEIR------

NOW GRANTED COBRA MOUNTAIN SUCKED EGGS!!!!

BUT IF THEY DID A 6 OR 7 PIECE BASE ---FOR JOE AND COBRA BOTH----THAT WE COULD INTERCONNECT FOR SAY 16.00 EACH--------

MAYBE INCLUDE A EXCLUSIVE FIGURE AND A REPAINT---------

WE WOULD BUY EM UP

ESPECIALLY IF THEY COULD ALL INTERCONNECT SOMEHOW---

HAVE ONE GIANT DIO SETTING!!!!!!

COBRA ON ONE SIDE JOE ON THE OTHER-----------(-KINDA LIKE THE RUN DMC AND AEROSMITH VIDEO!!!!!!) LOL

THAT WOULD BE SWEET!!!!!!

DOC

your probably right, they botched the big playset.

I would live teh click together base. Right now ive got one i built and the terrordrome. as the good and bad guy places.

Man this sucks! My mom and grandparents did not have any problem shelling out the big $$$ for the playsets Hasbro released back in the old days when I was growing up so what's the problem now? Why won't retailers carry the bigger playsets nowadays? I remember those Xmas holidays and birthdays fondly when I would nab that Defiant Space Shuttle, Terrordrome, USS Flagg, ect. I see parents shelling out $50 to get the kids the latest PS2, X-box, or Gamecube game so why can't they shell out that much for a "base" playset for a toyline the kid likes? This really makes no sense to me. Anybody got any theories on this?

Putting all that aside I DO like this idea of yours for small sets that join together to form a larger one.

Man this sucks! My mom and grandparents did not have any problem shelling out the big $$$ for the playsets Hasbro released back in the old days when I was growing up so what's the problem now? Why won't retailers carry the bigger playsets nowadays? I remember those Xmas holidays and birthdays fondly when I would nab that Defiant Space Shuttle, Terrordrome, USS Flagg, ect. I see parents shelling out $50 to get the kids the latest PS2, X-box, or Gamecube game so why can't they shell out that much for a "base" playset for a toyline the kid likes? This really makes no sense to me. Anybody got any theories on this?

Putting all that aside I DO like this idea of yours for small sets that join together to form a larger one.

Retailers prefer smaller, peggable items. They sell a lot quicker, and take up less space.

Parents these days just aren't as likely to shell out more money on playsets, or even vehicles. I'd say it's a combination of things.

More money has to be spent on R and D for nowhere near as many sales as the figures, and not as big a profit margin, again a guess.

These days the children's fads seem to come and go a lot quicker, maybe that has something to do with it?

Yet Wal-Mart can order and find the space for the Remote Controled 80 dollar Grave Digger Monster truck. Really burns my ass when they tell Hasbro they don't want big items but every Wal-Mart around had 4 cases of those and they didn't sell....but next year they'll have it again.