The Star Wars Figures

mynameisash

In the past few years I have found some of these to be very dissapointing in a number of ways.

The plastic is very flemsy, some of the articulation isnt 50/50 ( one knee may bend, the other doesnt), I really loathed the action features because they took away from the figure, and getting the figure to stand straight (even on pegged stands)

I am anxious to see the new SW figures for Ep3 to come out but from the way it looks the better parts to collecting these are the articulation, no action features, and probably better playabilty.

My only beef with these now is the flemsy plastic. Why cant they go back to the original plastic?

The softer plastic is due to safety concerns on Hasbro's part, They have gotten better though.

I am not disappointed any way shape or form on the Unleashed. They don't need articulation as they are statues. And the plastic is not that soft imo.

As far as the 3 3/4 line yeah partly. The late waves of Saga and the new otc/potc have been great. But now with E3 the aa crap is back on col 1 in full force and is already ruin figures for me.

Draven

My only gripe dates back to 96' with POTF2 figs and still happens today. Figures that have crazy factory formed feet that just refuse to stand. Thank goodness for fig stands.

Most of my other complaints have been solved, like the He-Man muscled up figures of POTF2. I'm happy they dropped the silly look that doesn't match the characters.

Besides that, I'm perfectly happy with the 3 3/4" figure line. I think they have improved over time with more detail and better sculpts.

I've always been happy with the 12" figures. Hasbro has done a great job with them from the very start. They too keep improving.

I really don't like action features... thats my only beef... and some of them could really use a few joints here and there... actually alot need 'em

The softer plastic is due to safety concerns on Hasbro's part, They have gotten better though.

The fact that PVC is cheaper than ABS, hence more profitable, happens to be an added bonus?

I too am disappointed. I stopped collecting SW figures after Ep.1 made me feel over-milked, but the OTC vintage-style ones got me collecting again only for them to cancel the line to focus on Ep. 3 figures. :( The Ep.3 figures, dispite articulation, aren't quite as articulated as best as I can tell, and go back to things like hard plastic capes that I really don't like at all.

Man I wish they make more vintage-style ones because there are a ton they can do, and that's my favorite line outside of the original line. They can even toss in relatively new ones like Darth Maul and Jango Fett into the line too.