Earning The Title Of Moderator

CRAZYCLONE

I heard that prozac is stepping down as a Moderator, so there is a space open in the Marvel Comic boards. Now I know he can very well change his mind, and decide to take back his place, but If I were to become the next mod, what would my qualifications have to be in order to be accepted? And If I am accepted, would I recieve special instructions on how to edit/ lock threads?

I heard that prozac is stepping down as a Moderator, so there is a space open in the Marvel Comic boards. Now I know he can very well change his mind, and decide to take back his place, but If I were to become the next mod, what would my qualifications have to be in order to be accepted? And If I am accepted, would I recieve special instructions on how to edit/ lock threads?

Man...I'm glad I didn't die...you might have gone after my wife @loll@

;)

;)

I'm married myself. Our third Year anniversery is on Valentines Day. She and I are also moving into a new High Rise apartment in the city of chicago. On the 30th floor. Rent is like 900 dollars. Were checking it out tommorow. If we like what we see we'll probably put on a down payment and move in over the summer.

I think its a very difficult job! But good luck if you do get to take prozac's place.

My question would be WHY do you even WANT to be a moderator to begin with?

;)

I'm married myself. Our third Year anniversery is on Valentines Day. She and I are also moving into a new High Rise apartment in the city of chicago. On the 30th floor. Rent is like 900 dollars. Were checking it out tommorow. If we like what we see we'll probably put on a down payment and move in over the summer.

We have our anniversary on the 15th. 2 years

I've been on this site for a little under 4 years. 11 months after the website was first created. (when it was still americandreamcomics.com)Even though I don't have alot of posts under my belt, I am known to many of the Veterans of this site and alot of people like me. And I'm familiar enough with the layout and the rules to undergo the greater responsibilities.

I've been on this site for a little under 4 years. 11 months after the website was first created. (when it was still americandreamcomics.com)Even though I don't have alot of posts under my belt, I am known to many of the Veterans of this site and alot of people like me. And I'm familiar enough with the layout and the rules to undergo the greater responsibilities.

Well, that's all great, but I was't questioning your qualifications (if there is such a thing) and you appear to be a reasonable mature individual anyway.

My question was more to do with the WHYS? What is it about being a moderator that appeals to you?

You were instantly concerned and questioning the "how to's" of editing and locking topics, and that sometimes seems to be the only thing that a lot of members are wanting to do...

HAVE THE LAST WORD through powers of moderator!

I can see some folks here, putting this information on a job application or bragging to a girlfriend about the website they're moderator on! @lol@

I just enjoy the discussions and maintaining a lowly mere mortal MEMBER status.

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE being a member. But after awile, I feel like my status is diminishing. And in recent weeks with all the new attendants, I feel like I have to constantly babysit the marvel board to make sure things dont get out of hand. (Even though it's not my responsibility.)

;)

You are the jeffersons, move on up dogg, move on up. #US1#

;)

Closer than you think. I'm white, she's asian, and we're both only 21 years old.

;)

Closer than you think. I'm white, she's asian, and we're both only 21 years old.

congrats bro, represent Chicago. I love the city and never lived there. I love the sports team, grew up a Cubs fan, bears fan, bulls fan, and black hawks fan.

Better add the chicago fire to your list too. They're doing pretty well this season. There's even talk of them getting their own stadium.

not a big soccer fan, but i wish the best. Sorry for hijacking this thread, lets put it back on topic.

#US1#

I can see some folks here, putting this information on a job application or bragging to a girlfriend about the website they're moderator on!  @lol@

so what's wrong with that....chicks dig it @hmmm@

Chicks between the age of 12 and 16 maybe! ^_^

Well, that's all great, but I was't questioning your qualifications (if there is such a thing) and you appear to be a reasonable mature individual anyway.

My question was more to do with the WHYS? What is it about being a moderator that appeals to you?

You were instantly concerned and questioning the "how to's" of editing and locking topics, and that sometimes seems to be the only thing that a lot of members are wanting to do...

HAVE THE LAST WORD through powers of moderator!

I can see some folks here, putting this information on a job application or bragging to a girlfriend about the website they're moderator on! @lol@

I just enjoy the discussions and maintaining a lowly mere mortal MEMBER status.

Exactly my thoughts. I would never want to be a mod. You think I'm an a**hole now? Imagine me with power over other posters! @loll@

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE being a member. But after awile, I feel like my status is diminishing. And in recent weeks with all the new attendants, I feel like I have to constantly babysit the marvel board to make sure things dont get out of hand. (Even though it's not my responsibility.)

well,.... uh.. fighting with other members, even if they are the ones who started it, definitely doesn't look good on the resume @lol@

I counted at least two threads this past week where you were fighting just as dirty as the other guys.. and in that case, people don't get special treatment because they have been here a long time..

maybe we have different opinions on what babysitting means... it doesn't mean participating in flame wars... that is for sure.

oh.. and about getting to be a mod.. Well, JayC is the only one who has a say in that..

and asking doesn't work. Yes, I did "ask" ... not blatantly, but I kinda hinted that I should be one for a long time.. and JayC never acknowledged what I was saying... and then one day, out of the blue, he asked me to be a mod.

So asking doesn't help.. I am not sure what does.. but I think that all of the people who got to be mods earned it.

I can see some folks here, putting this information on a job application or bragging to a girlfriend about the website they're moderator on!   @lol@

so what's wrong with that....chicks dig it @hmmm@

Chicks between the age of 12 and 16 maybe! ^_^

Well at least we're on the same page then :P

This actually gave me an idea... Thanxs VH...

I was thinking that putting down a place like this on a resume can be important depending on the type of work... Mainly I do graphics and web design so in the future... Employers can check the site out depending if I'm trying for a job in comics or video games...

I've used this site in an apllication too, and showed them some of the banners and advertisements I've made on here.

its just too bad I had to get rid of my photoshop and can't do anymore, but oh well. I'll be able purchase a legit copy some day, then I can get back into it :)

I've used this site in an apllication too, and showed them some of the banners and advertisements I've made on here.

its just too bad I had to get rid of my photoshop and can't do anymore, but oh well. I'll be able purchase a legit copy some day, then I can get back into it :)

You wouldn't happen to have an "unlegit" copy lying around would ya? @loll@

This actually gave me an idea... Thanxs VH...

I was thinking that putting down a place like this on a resume can be important depending on the type of work... Mainly I do graphics and web design so in the future... Employers can check the site out depending if I'm trying for a job in comics or video games...

For comics or video games.............nope.

They will want to see hard-copy work, usually comics art pages ( with continuity) or concept art or animation work ( via a demo reel).

You want to make things easy for them, and checking a site --uncontrolled--is not reccomended.

If you place the banner work on your own site that's better, but directing them to this kind of site is problematic.

I cannot see anything like moderating a on-line forum being useful on a job resume'--employers look for more real-world, face-to-face skills as a testament to people management.