Reason For My Absence

Devilbat

Hey all. I just wanted to let you all know why I haven't been here in awhile. As some of you may recall, I had requested you all pray for my dad since we discovered he had lung cancer. Well, that was back in October. On January 20, my dad passed away. Apparently he had advanced lymphoma, a particularly nasty and hard-to-treat cancer. I was just starting to come to grips with the fact that he actually had cancer (a fear I've had all my life), and suddenly...he's gone. It's still very shocking, and I truly feel lost when trying to wrap my mind around the last three months...

My dad was (is) such a warm, wonderful, fun-loving, funny, generous, and welcoming man who knew no strangers. He was probably the very person who was responsible for my collecting habits today. (Thanks Dad!) He bought about 95 to 98% of my original collections as a kid, and I've shared many great memories of my dad in the past. I just find it very hard to put into words how great a man he was (is) in so many ways. And I appreciate those of you who prayed for him in his time of illness. I would like to ask you all to continue to pray for my mom; she's really having a hard time with this. My parents were so very close, and 57 is just too young for him to leave...

I just thought I should post this here since most of my friends on the boards post here as well, and I feel like I thought I'd explain my extended absence. And I have many more friends who frequent the Star Wars and Transformer boards, so this goes for you guys as well. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, and I'll try to get back to hanging out with you all on a regular basis again sometime soon. You guys (and gals) take care, I love y'all, and I'll see ya around the boards sometime.

I lost my dad too, so i know how you feel man. best of luck to you and gospeed to your father. keep your head high, its the best thing you can do for not only yourself but your mother too.

Man DB I was wondering where you were. :( I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I still remember all your wonderful stories about him. Just remember all that man and know he is in a better place.

Your whole family is in my prayers!

Draven

ah man.. I am so sorry to hear that friend...

Keep your spirits high. Be thankful for the time that you had him and for the man that he helped you become.

Bro you and your family will be in our prayers,everyone has lost someone and a parent and a child are the hardest,Remember all the good and the person never really leaves you.

Let us know if you need anything,just talking and hanging out will help alot.

Friends and Family bro thats all that matters.

Keeping it togather is hard sometimes but thats what makes us who we are.

Hey buddy, listen, I am very sorry to hear about your father. I will definetly have him and your family in my thoughts, as I am sure everyone else will too. If you need anything send me a pm, and i'll try to help you the best way I can. Remember, we are all here for you when you need us. Take care.

I've lost several relatives to cancer so I can relate a bit however I have not yet faced the loss of a parent.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Just remember that, no matter how hard it seems right now, NOTHING can take away of the wonderful years that you had with your father. Those experiences are yours and yours alone and you will have them with you for the rest of your life.

I lost my cousin to cancer 2 years ago and my grandma succumbed to cancer 3 years ago so I know how you must feel. My condolences and hope that you will be able to pull out of this with strength and courage. Just be happy your father is no longer suffering from this terrible disease.

And to ease your pain, I want to dedicate this lyric to you and yours:

What would I give to behold

The smile, the face of love?

You never left me

The rising sun will always speak your name

It won't be long, we'll meet again

Your memory is never passing

My love for you is everlasting

My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family. Stay strong and let me know if you ever need to talk. I lost my father to cancer 4 years ago so I know what you're feeling man. Take care and know that you've got LOTS of friends here.

Jase

@bats@

Dude out of everyone , you know i'm there for you. I helped make your avatar, and still have that old sig, just need to alter it. I hope everything is cool and you well come back. PM me if you ever need to talk bro.

I know how you feel. When my grandfather passed 3 years ago, i was sooo down. In a round about way, he is the reason why i'm into joes again. I was really down and i needed to get out of the depression so i thought about what made me happy as a kid before I became aware of sickness and bills?? Hence, i fell back into Gi joe.

I lost my cousin to cancer 2 years ago and my grandma succumbed to cancer 3 years ago so I know how you must feel. My condolences and hope that you will be able to pull out of this with strength and courage. Just be happy your father is no longer suffering from this terrible disease.

And to ease your pain, I want to dedicate this lyric to you and yours:

What would I give to behold

The smile, the face of love?

You never left me

The rising sun will always speak your name

Your memory is never passing

My love for you is everlasting

That's really great Cha!

:)

Draven

This now, is the time you take comfort in the memories and love that surround you, and find hope in the promise of eternal life. Keeping you in thought and prayer.

Guys, I truly do not know what to say. You all have been great friends in the past, and I do so appreciate your words of comfort. They mean more to me than you all can know. I'm very thankful to have so many great friends here at the board. You guys are awesome. #US1#