Custom Possibility

leonardo

Well lately I've found myself playing the TMNT IV: Turtles in Time rom (don't worry I own the game, not illegal) and I realized how well the Foot Soldier could carry over into GI Joe. Then I remembered someone doing a shredder custom and I thought, holy crap I wonder if I could do the whole game in GI Joe size! I have a few questions though.

Which would be the best base or figure parts to use to make a foot soldier. By this I mean which looks the most like them and then which could carry over into other foot soldier colors so I have as little painting to do as possible. I'd have to find a Cobra or Joe that looks enough like the foot soldier and has been painted in all of or most of the following colors:

Orange, White, Purple, Dark Blue, Pink, Green, and Yellow. I think there's more but I'm not sure.

Then I'd have to figure out how to make a Turtle in GI Joe style or just the same size doesn't even have to be GI Joe articulation. I don't remember if they ever made any tmnt figures the same size as GI Joe.

Any help would be appreciated!!!! I don't do customs but I can't pass this up this would be too cool!

You gotta go with this Firefly head that head just screams Foot Clan to me. and for the body... hmmm, what about the Tiger Claw body that came with the ninja battles set???

Check this out: http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/customs_...ha=L&thumbs=off

looks cool, but the heads a little off... If I were you, I'd skip making the turtles an dtry to find the movie ones that had the rubbery feel to them, they're a little smaller than Joes, but then again, they were always smaller than humans... and they were teens ;)

I have one boxed away, I'll see if I can take a pic of it next to a Joe :)

GL, and keep us posted!!!

That's a good Idea DOC, I went with Firefly cause the head looks kinda goofy like the foots head, but I forgot about the goggles... I had a Pit Viper head with the cobra logo sanded off for an old project, so I threw some paint on it and tada:

Foot.jpgFOOT2.jpg

looks pretty good, and man, those goggles were a B!TCH to paint with the big A$$ brush I was using, so sorry about the sloppiness ;)

Oh... when I was digging for the head, I saw the Snake Seyes that came with the Ninja Lightning, and after sanding the mouth down a bit on the Pit Viper... you can easily use one of these cause it looks just like it, the only difference is, the Pit Viper's goggles are rounded more than SE's, his are flat... but the SE is easier to find ;)

OH... and to add to the look, try getting some head band thingies that Slice came with, they look like they'd work pretty well.

You guys are awesome! Thanks for the link to the turtle joe.

I actually have the movie Leonardo on my shelf (one of 3 figures I still have on display the rest are under my bed) and it's actually bigger than GI Joes, plus I just want the articulation. I'm thinking of making ripping off a head of a smaller turtle figure and putting it on a joe body and working from there.

Here's what the foot soldier from the game looks like (slightly different from the new toon foot soldier):

Teenage_Mutant_Hero_Turtles_IV_-_Turtles_in_Time_(E)(10978).jpg

It has more of a pacman ghost look to the head. I was thinking maybe the new cobra commander that's coming up would be the perfect head, and then like you guys said a kamakura for a base.

Thanks for all your help so far!! (Sorry I'm really excited)

Hmmm I'm going through the new styled (Gvs.C to VvV) GI Joes that I own (I don't own them all so maybe these aren't the best picks) and I came up with this:

Leonardo/Raphael/Mike/Don

Head: Burger King Leonardo from 2004 + Slice's bandana

Chest: Zartan(v17) or Slice (v6)

Bicep: Slash or Zartan(v17)

Forearm + hand: Recondo(v3) or Televiper(v3)

Waist: Slice(v6)

Thigh: Slice(v6)

Shin + foot: Night Creeper(v7)

Now of course that's if I decide to go with the new style figure which is what I'm leaning towards. This might get expensive so if any of you guys have extras of these that you didn't really want or wouldn't mind getting rid of I'd be more than glad to take them off your hands. Of course I'd give you some money for em + shipping money. Let me know if you have any suggestions/comments or questions.

you have a pic of the Burger King Head???

I was working on some customs earlier and I had mod some parts and I used too much putty, so I was messing around and look what I made!!!!!

It's a Zartan head, with putty(plumbers epoxy) around it and Jinx's Headband... whacha think????

Turtle_F.jpgTurtle_S.jpgTurtle_S1.jpg

I didn't plan on making this a "finished piece" so it's a little rough on some sections, but I just wanted to let you know what could be done ;)

The elbows and bicepts might be hard or impossible, but the forearms can be done...just cut the Joe forearm off right under the joint... maybe use an arm that has cloves or a wrap, that wy you have a line to go with...and glue the turtle arm on ;)

I mean from joe to joe, like take GvC snake eyes forearm and put it on slice's bicep and elbow.

Edit: Also when I paint the joints the paint scrapes off, is there something I can put on the paint to keep it from flaking off or scraping off?