New Customs Display

Silverbolt

Sure this doesn't really house all that many figures for the space that it takes up, but I think that it makes a really nice display for my custom figures. These are all the G1 style customs that I have in my possession at this time that are complete or near complete (theres a few Seekers at the bottom missing some parts that I'm hoping to correct here in the near future.) Also stay tuned for a massive Silverbolt figure collection gallary that will be around 30 pictures and of course very dialup unfriendly. Its taken me a half hour just to get over half way done uploading them. Anyway here's the one picture of my new custom display. Thought that it deserved its own topic.

CustomCollection.jpg

Woah those are really nice. Where those G1's a bunch of junkers before you customized them, otherwise it must of cost you a small fortune to buy them all. The Decepticon Trailbreaker is friggen sweet! Great work!

You forgot to add this pic ;P

Top.jpg

Thats a nice set up you got there bolt, you should get a shelf next to it with you're non g1 customs as well :) Deffinitly some yoinkale stuff on that shelf! @firedevil@

Woah those are really nice. Where those G1's a bunch of junkers before you customized them, otherwise it must of cost you a small fortune to buy them all. The Decepticon Trailbreaker is friggen sweet! Great work!

Most were junkers that were complete enough that I could use reproduction parts to complete, but there are a good deal of Starscream reissues in there as well. Junkers are better to work with though because they part better. The new reissues have a cockpit pin that is a major pain to remove. And that isn't a Trailbreaker custom, its a Hoist. My Decepticon medic Flatline.

Thats a nice set up you got there bolt, you should get a shelf next to it with you're non g1 customs as well :) Deffinitly some yoinkale stuff on that shelf! @firedevil@

I have that custom in that picture, just not that particular one. Poor thing was meant to be free though @smilepunch@

Holy crap thats a sweet display!

WOW! Someone has a lot of spare time on his hands!

Nice job! I've always thought of trying some customs but I just don't think I'd do a very good job. I might try on some ko's and see how it goes and if comes out really crappy then I won't even bother trying again.

Use gobots or Datsun's. Smokescreen at 10 dollars at Amazon is a very nice practice piece, though Prowl would be better because of the all gray and white limbs.

Knockoffs by their nature have the ability to discourage simply because they might look like crap when your done simply because of the quality of the knockoff. Some are so brittle that you have difficulty removing the decals even. Plus they won't help you learn how to paint diecast, which if your going to customize G1 figures is a nice skill to have.

Thats a nice set up you got there bolt, you should get a shelf next to it with you're non g1 customs as well :)  Deffinitly some yoinkale stuff on that shelf! @firedevil@

I have that custom in that picture, just not that particular one. Poor thing was meant to be free though @smilepunch@

Ya know I woulda freeded but it was sent in a nice neat reissuse box with tape on it, & since the creator of it put the take on it that makes misb ! @firedevil@ Silly bolt you shoulda known better @loll@

Awesome customs. Where did you get the cabinet?

From Biglots of all places, its a Sauder multimeadia cabinet, ran 40 dollars. Also saw the same thing at Meijers for around the same price, it was either 40 or 50, their stickers weren't to clear on it, plus they didn't have it in stock when I went price checking earlier in the week.

can we see some closeups of those? I'm digging the black and blue sideswipe and smokes...

I thought about doing something like that (skinny type cabinet)... but I just built myself one instead (with glass windows non the less)... but now it's too big

Its a Navy blue and light blue Sideswipe, and I have close ups or at least single pics of most of those at my Yahoo group in my sig. Membership is open so join up and have a look around. Post about them if you like, always like comments, but don't be alarmed if the post don't show up, I've been having some problems with people spamming the board with alot of crap here lately and have started to moderate all post just to keep it off.

The majority have names and backstories to them.

The yellow one with the gatling guns is Decatron, the son of Megatron who led Decepticon armies with a Autobot style of leadership (honor and respect for his troops) But in the end was defeated by Megatron who thought that he had betrayed the Decepticon way and after the defeat Megatron had my Decepticon Medic, Flatline (the gray metallic Hoist) turn him into a coward that was afraid of his own shadow (Scaredy Cat the other yellow seeker in the picture)

Nightwatch is a personal favorite of mine (the gunmetal and Copper Ramjet) his special ability chip caused his optics to become highly light sensity to the point that he something akin to nightvision so he has to shut them off most of the time, so I had him go Daredevil and develop his other senses.

I do wish that I was able to save a copy of the one in my sig though. I liked hers alot.

Most of my others are in the folders in my yahoo group with their seperate pictures. Really have only done the seekers though and haven't put to much thought into the Datsuns or mini-bots. The Datsun's all have names though at least, except the light blue Bluestreak (Bright Bluestreak really doesn't cut it.)

Part of the fun of doing up orginal characters is creating them from scratch