Found Green Shirts At Tru!

Ray0083

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap! Those look good! Greenshirts or no in the Joe Universe, I HAVE TO GET SOME cause they look so good. Bravo on this one Hasbro! Now, re-release the Troopers for COBRA in this caliber.

Alright here are the pictures....

green1.jpg

COOL!

I think Doc Evil was right though! We asked for Greenshirts, and Hasbro thought we said TOM-greenshirts! ^_^

f54ba809.jpgf54ba80a.jpg

green1.jpg

COOL!

I think Doc Evil was right though! We asked for Greenshirts, and Hasbro thought we said TOM-greenshirts! ^_^

f54ba809.jpgf54ba80a.jpg

hehehehe!

i love it!

TM

I don't think I'm going to get them. I like the idea of green shirts, but I hate the heads. They should all have crew cuts and no facial hair.

that just me I guess.

green1.jpg

COOL!

f54ba809.jpgf54ba80a.jpg

@lol@ Now I can make my die Tom Green plays on my desk like I do Chris the Brawler Lowell. Oh I can have team ups of death now! @smilepunch@

Draven

hey Ray, whats the filecards like for these guys? do they each have one? or is there just one for all of them?? any chance of you shootin a pic of the back of the package? huh huh???

TM

Yeah I would like to see the FC too.

Draven

Alright! I don't like the concept of Greenshirts, but I'll buy them and they can be new Joes. That way I can create their names and backgrounds myself.

That's positive thinkin'! ^_^

So much is made of the "Greenshirts" concept, when all you have to do is just ignore it, and do something else with the figures, much like an army builder has to make the best out of 40 Big Bens, Mirages or Gung Hos! @lol@

What really would've been nice is if they gave them bodies with combat gear and the like. I would've really loved that. These bodies are really generic.

Had they had bodies that were all tac'd out, I would've have them be the US soldiers that my Joes would have to go in and rescue from time to time. And there's always the Hawk's bodyguards and cannon fodder roles that these guys could easily play.

Anyway, Devil's Due had the Greenshirts as the guys culled from the Spec Op units and government tactical agencies (SEALs, Special Forces, CIA, FBI, etc.), they were a part of Joe, but didn't have a codename yet. So really, really newbie Joes.

Not sure how much of DD's initial outline and updates weigh in for everybody at this point, it's something to think about.

And a little OT:

oh..btw Jase, you REALLY need to size DOWN your signature, as every post you make, stretches the page out so much and makes it annoying to scroll back and forth to try and read.   ;)

It looks fine on my screen and I don't need to scroll, but I'll see what I can do for you.

@bats@

The reason for this little discrepancy is because, Viper Hunter, much like myself, probably have our monitor resolutions at 800x600. While Jase has his 1024x768 or greater resolution. That's why it appears smaller for him, than it does for me and VH.

And yes, it is annoying to have to scroll left and right to read text (which is what's usually in posts). It's too bad there aren't any signature limits here (500x100 should be sufficient).

Posted pics of Joe stuff are the exception, though.

For those who dont like the facial hair on the green shirts like myself. You can very easily remove it with fingernail polish remover it removes factory quality paints. I used it to take the paint of my night force set Flints face and arms it took like 5 seconds #US1#

Hey, that's a good idea!! I wasn't too crazy about the facial hair on my grunts. @hmmm@ Ahem. That came out wrong. Ok, I'm just going to press...

Anywho, I think that I'll get two of these and two of the CG packs to go along with the two Cobra Infantry packs I have. Would I like more? Sure! Can I afford the money and space? Ummm... no.

Another idea to "beef" up these guys might be to add some TAC vests from other toy lines (read - powerteam).

- Trooper