Anyone Buy From Wheeljack's Lab?

darthfather2005

I have on occasion, but after a incident I only buy from him now on ebay where there is a record of the purchase. Basically he screwed up with three shipments of mine and had the nerve to call me a liar and threaten that if there was another screw up on his end that it was my problem and that it wouldn't be fixed.

I was navigating through his site this morning and he does have a big inventory for G1. However, he offers the same picture wether you are looking for a C8 or C9 transformer, youll see the same pic for both. I wouldnt buy from him neither ebay nor his site because:

a. Ive heard too many bad feedbacks about him and how he treat the customers as liars when they have any complaint about their orders.

b. I dont support people that screw collectors and 20+bad feedbacks cant be wrong.

I ordered from his website a couple times. About two years ago I placed a couple orders over a few months, and had a decent experince. The first order was shipped promptly with no problems, but the second one was a different story. He sent me the wrong piece so I sent it back to him in an envelope. Well after a week I asked if he got it and he said he got my envelope with no piece in it. He explained that i shouldn't have sent it in a regular envelope because the mail sorter pushed it out. So I had to cough up another $8.00 for a replacement. Now that incident probably was my fault since I had put it in a plain white envelope, but he made no attempts to fix it. He never contacted me about it, and I thought there was no problem. He didn't seem at all shocked or sympathetic, and might not have emailed me at all had I not reached him first. I have sent items like that in a white envelope with no problems before, but maybe this time the Post Office didn't check. Take that for what you will.

Wheeljackslab only accepts PayPal from US-bidders. Non-US-bidders apparently aren't trustworthy enough to be allowed to pay using PayPal (we're all out to scam US-sellers you see) and have to pay using Bidpay/Western Union or cash in an envelope.

I once asked him a question on eBay wether he could make an exception to this rule and he answered with 'CANT YOU READ? NO PAYPAL FOR NON-US BUYERS!!!!!"

Yes i can read, and it's why i asked the question in the first place. I don't trust Bidpay as it's just a way to send a moneyorder without going to the postoffice. I prefer PayPal as it has a protectionplan and keeps records of payments.

If a person thinks he can talk to me like that, he's not worthy to recieve my custom.

I've only bought from him on Ebay. $12 for a loose G1 Wheeljack was a good deal, even though it didn't have accessories and needed touch-up work on the paint.

Well after a week I asked if he got it and he said he got my envelope with no piece in it. He explained that i shouldn't have sent it in a regular envelope because the mail sorter pushed it out.

The exact same thing happened to me, but for Robot Monster Toys. Regular envelopes are sent through sorter machines with only enough space in them for a regular letter to pass, and when something that's not a letter goes into one, out pops whatever was in it.

Ive dealt with Chris on many occassions and spent a couple grand with him and all was a great expirence. On one large shipment I got from him it was missing a piece AND I named the wrong figure in the order, but he sent me the piece and traded out the figure. I would buy from him. Plus his figures are in good condition. It seems he buys collections and puts the highend stuff on his site and the lower end stuff on ebay.

Wheeljackslab only accepts PayPal from US-bidders. Non-US-bidders apparently aren't trustworthy enough to be allowed to pay using PayPal (we're all out to scam US-sellers you see) and have to pay using Bidpay/Western Union or cash in an envelope.

I once asked him a question on eBay wether he could make an exception to this rule and he answered with 'CANT YOU READ? NO PAYPAL FOR NON-US BUYERS!!!!!"

Yes i can read, and it's why i asked the question in the first place. I don't trust Bidpay as it's just a way to send a moneyorder without going to the postoffice. I prefer PayPal as it has a protectionplan and keeps records of payments.

If a person thinks he can talk to me like that, he's not worthy to recieve my custom.

Its funny you mention that. Before I ordered from him I asked him if he would take $30 for something he said would be $32 and he answered "Ill take what I said."

Man, my next email to him was so nasty, and he came back defending himself. I returned with how crappy his customer service was and told him that kinda talk was crap and he would lose my business and I have the potential to be a big buyer, etc......

After a few email exchanges, we ironed it out, everything was cool, I order from him now, and its always good. I think at times he gets frustrated since he does everythign through email and probably gets a lot of dumb, repeat questions.

I didn't know that. Well, anyway that means I'll never buy something from him, because for ebay or any other stores that don't accept credit cards I only use Paypal.

I have broght from him several times. He is a fanstic guy to work with and and very nice.

The way I see it, when you sell on ebay a lot you're bound to have a lot of troubles either from people just being stupid, scammers, dead beats, and what not. I can partially understand some frustration but at the same time if you're running a business, any kind of business, these things happen and you shouldn't piss off your potential customers...EVER! He should know that he's only hurting himself by treating people badly.

I know a lot of people have had good dealings with this guy, and I myself have not dealt with him but I have bid on his auctions before, but I wouldn't blame anyone for not buying from him by some of the stories I've read. If he's going to treat people like dirt, then he doesn't deserve to have a good business.

So if you don't like him, don't buy from him or bid on his auctions! (then maybe I'll actually win one of them! @twisted@ ) Honestly though, the only way I'll bid on his auctions again is if I'm desperate to find something that he is the only one that has it available at the time. Otherwise I'll look for someone else. He's just had too many complaints for me to be comfortable with.

I've never brought... but more importantly never will buy ANYTHING from that place, simplely because of all the negatives I have read about them...

What a dick. (That's one of my biggest pet peeves from Ebay sellers.)

Well, I may have considered getting stuff from him before, but not now. Screw it - I'd rather wait for G1 stuff to be reissued so I can be assured they'll be minty fresh!

After a few email exchanges, we ironed it out, everything was cool, I order from him now, and its always good. I think at times he gets frustrated since he does everythign through email and probably gets a lot of dumb, repeat questions.

Thats no excuse, I work in retail & get asked the same stupid ass **** over & over, most of the time by the same people, if I were to treat them like this I would quite literaly have to shutdown & close up!

Why? Because there are quite simply other places they can go to! Same goes with this guy! I've read negative stuff about em since I've first got net access I duno how hes still managed to stay up @loll@ I guess having an online shop has its advantages @loll@

• 18 years later...
  • Satam locked this topic