New Card Style

Neo Mikomi

I found the E3 Preview wave yesterday at Target and the package was smaller than I was expecting for some reason. It's probably because it's new but I dig the new package design.

The only thing that leaves me a bit puzzled is how they're going to put larger figures into this style of package, if they have any larger figures on tap. The wookiee warrior is a large figure and his feet go down to the very bottom of the package. I doubt they could squeeze a Gamorrean Guard in this style of package unless they made the bubble bigger.

This card style also doesn't have stackability working on it's side. It was slightly awkward walking around Target holding the 4 figures because they kept sliding around a bit in my hands.

Your thoughts?

Whats the new look? Those preview ones?

I don't think this packaging will be sticking around for a long time anyway. After ROTS they will need to consolidate all figures from all movies into one packaging style again so I think we will be getting a saga style packaging again.

I found the packaging to be annoying. You can't stack them at all, and opening them is a pain in the neck. They are taped on the back on both sides and glued top and bottom to the front of the card. Its a lot of effort just to get to the figure inside.

On top of that, the design of the cardback does nothing for me. The bubble obscures most of it anyway.

I don't think this packaging will be sticking around for a long time anyway. After ROTS they will need to consolidate all figures from all movies into one packaging style again so I think we will be getting a saga style packaging again.

I just want a OTC kinda card. Does not have to be blk, could be blue or green, etc.

Draven