My Custom Duke

revsears

duke1.jpg

duke2.jpg

I wish the green was as dark as it is these photos, it's just a touch lighter. After i got my desert humvee (thanks to joerhyno) i tossed my other custom duke aside (no pics as i took it apart, he had alpines torso,with arms painted white, (as in an under shirt) vvv head, and vvv beacheads wasit n legs, in other words, he looked like crap lol) and started on this guy.

Once i get an extra vvv gung-ho i'll add swivel wrists too. I thought about giving him a more yellow shirt, but i just prefered this tan one. I painted the entire torso and arms, it's just a little lighter than the tan underneath the purplish camo on it.

man i wish i had submitted this guy to the last custom contest! I'm going to have an account on joecustoms and finaly start showing em off before long, so give me some criticisms!

I can't sculpt and i can't get much better paint(at the moment) , that's where i know i could improve, but any other tips would be much appreciated.

and remember...

dukewantsyou.jpg

Hasbro wants you! to love ninjas

Thats not too bad. I have a custom Duke just like the one you decided to not go with, but I used a BTR Duke head,a nd gave him the lower arms from a JvC FLint. He looks alright form far away. But Im thinking of using the head for a custom Freefall figure.

Looks really cool Naz, but the gloss paints on the pants have to go! At least sell the paint with dull coat if you can't get the colors you like in flat colors.

Over all it is a very nice piece!

Draven

i so wish i had a hobby store, i'm getting ready to move so there is no point in ordering much at the moment. So i just try to use what i got.

thanks for the comments guys.

moving? slap.gif you gonna still be there next week? Still gotta send you your stuff doh.gif

I like the duke... though I too think you need some non-happy shiney paints ;) hopefully when you get settled you can get some :)

yeah i'll be here for about a month before i start moving but i don't want to order anything else online for this address as i am starting to be here less already. It's an apartment my soon to be inlaws own, and i am often there fixing it up if i'm not at school or doing other semi-random things lol.

i have some none shiny green paint (rnr) but it is so crusty and insanely easy to scratch. it took a lot of extra cutting on rnr to make the paint stay undamaged.