Army Building 6 Pack Idea

SKARAPZ

They can do these like the bat packs, I mean they have redone them enough, make some avaible now just for army building.

alleyviper5.jpgalleyviper6.jpgalleyviper7.jpgalleyviper9.jpgalleyviper4.jpg

These, and then the original colors, on the newer body.

alleyviper.jpg

Ideas could be appreciated, i'd love to see this, or give us new repainted ones, but in the Bat way, 15 bucks for 6 figures.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If hasbro was smart, they'd start making 6 packs like these. I would eat these things up, and im not really even an army builder. They know the infantry set sold well, so why we got things like the desert strike six pack after... i dont know what they were thinking. Give us army builders in different paint apps.

good idea skarapz.

-saboteur

I think the Alley-Viper has been done to death. If you don't have an army of those by now you haven't been trying. The Viper is sort of in the same boat but it would be nice to get them in decent colors. The v27 or whatever it is Viper with the red vest was OK but I only saw one of those in my area.

I'd buy 1994 Vipers in all their purpleness.

I'd buy the 97 Vipers and Alley Vipers, too. The Alley Vipers set could include the unproduced Wal-Mart version. Really, the Viper set should have fixed necks and painted gloves.

I want blue Undertows and 2000-2001 Rock (really Range) Vipers. Those were two of the best army builders in the past 5-6 years.

I'd be fine with a mix of pure troops, like Python Patrol, but they wouldn't even have to be in unified color pattern. Range-Rock Viper 2000, blue Undertow, Nullifier (Flak Viper), Shock Viper (wave 5 RAHC), Unreleased Wal-Mart Rip-It and unreleased Wal-Mart Alley Viper.

Or a Range Viper pack

-Skull Buster (maybe with a different "officer" torso)

-Jungle camo Range Viper X2

-Desert ops Range Viper

-Winter ops Range Viper

-"Rock Viper" 2000

I still say make a Viper 6-Pack in original colors (or close) with removable helmets and a rank insignia on their shoulders. They could even reuse the OCS heads.

And if you think the head would be to big... just look at how big the head of the Viper is anyway and how small the head for the OCS Guard head is. I really think they could make a helmet that same size fit those heads.

I'm still thinking of trying to hallow out that extra viper head I have :)

Personally, I'd rather Hasbro released packs with original paint jobs. There's no reason to re-release previous items when there are more paint jobs to be done. In the case of the Viper, I'd rather see things like a Desert Viper, Snow Viper or Night Viper instead of stuff we've already gotten. We only get to see so many figure releases per year. As such, I'd rather they were not wasted on things that are easily available on the second hand market.

Personally, I'd rather Hasbro released packs with original paint jobs. There's no reason to re-release previous items when there are more paint jobs to be done. In the case of the Viper, I'd rather see things like a Desert Viper, Snow Viper or Night Viper instead of stuff we've already gotten. We only get to see so many figure releases per year. As such, I'd rather they were not wasted on things that are easily available on the second hand market.

I still think of the that sonic fighters version of the Viper as a the desert viper (just what I think of when I look at it) and I still want a snow viper like this:

http://www.ccp.com/~mayfair/gijoe/iceviper.jpg

but I still want my classic color Viper with removable helmet. I do see your point about wanting new stuff rather then a re-release but the thing I failed to mention was that I also have a thing for figures with removable helmets... so to me the classic color vipers with removable helmet is a new figure. Just like the OCS Guards where new figures (and I love 'em).

I'm with you about getting new stuff and not re-releases. I really don't see the need to reissue just the same Viper figure, but I want a version of the figure with a removable helmet. And if the snow or desert set gets released I hope for those to have the removable helmet also.

while i'd love new paints, i'm also throwing out the idea of old paint schemes, recent, so that we can get some figures some of us may not have, like the Red Vest Crimson Venom Cycle Viper, i never saw that.

One of my dream 6-packs:

headhunters.jpgheadman.jpgheadhunters.jpg

hhstormtroopers_large.jpghhstormtroopers_large.jpghhstormtroopers_large.jpg

Heck yeah man! I would so buy that.

who wouldnt, all though i dont want another headman to be honest, make it gristle

One of my dream 6-packs:

headhunters.jpgheadman.jpgheadhunters.jpg

hhstormtroopers_large.jpghhstormtroopers_large.jpghhstormtroopers_large.jpg

Heck yeah man! I would so buy that.

who wouldnt, all though i dont want another headman to be honest, make it gristle

Nah man, you've got to have headman. That is a DREAM sick-pack. I would buy sooo many of those. They've gotta still have the molds too, well we know they have headman. And to think those figures were products of the 90s!!!

btw- dont the stormtroopers' arms look too far down placed on their torso. There isnt a shoulder that flows smoothly into the bicep.

-saboteur

They've gotta still have the molds too, well we know they have headman. And to think those figures were products of the 90s!!!

That's debatable. Both the HH and HHST were released in Brazil in the '94-'95 time period and were lost down there. However, along with them was the Mace mold which has just resurfaced in the comic packs. I haven't done the flowchart yet, but it is possible that there were multiple Mace molds, though, so that mold may not have returned from Brazil.

My guess is that if these molds are available to Hasbro, we will see them before the end of the year. Otherwise, it's a good bet they are rotting in some Brazilian warehouse.

We'd see them , but in Convention Sets, the rest of use po' folks waiting X amount of years for the molds to used in a TRU set, probably when the Firefly, Roadblock V1 and Tunnel Rat molds wear out or break from over usage.

Still waiting for Mega Viper, Vapor, Major Storm, Falcon (upper half), Ferret, Dojo (...well...not so much) to appear...a year and a half after their con releases.

This is my Dream 6 pack:

cobrabaat.jpgoverkill.jpgbat.jpghttp://www.yojoe.com/action/86/86images/bat.jpg" border="0" alt="IPB Image" />bat.jpg

surprise surprise @smilepunch@

what is that first pic you have that looks like a white mech??

i think we'll get some sort of bat 6 pack with the upcoming theme, we dont have those v.1 molds, though, right?

-saboteur

My suggestion(s):

RAH REISSUES similar to the G1 Transformer reissues. Say 5 or 6 figures from each year. For example 1985: Airtight, Shipwreck, Tollbooth, Eel, Lamprey, and Buzzer.

All ORIGINAL parts, ORIGINAL paint scheme and ORIGINAL accessories.

On a related thought:

Theme packs:

Slaugter's Marauders, Sky Patrol, Python Patrol (either in the old scheme or, better, the new one), Special Missions Brazil, Battle Force 2000, Tiger Force (2 packs of 5 each), Night Force (2 packs).

The idea is internet exclusive type stuff like the B.A.T. pack, right?

Well, it isn't so much what would work or be cool in a pack, but ADVERTISING.

The B.A.T. pack didn't do so well because nobody really knew about it. So what we need is a way for Hasbro to advertise.

My suggestion(s):

RAH REISSUES similar to the G1 Transformer reissues. Say 5 or 6 figures from each year. For example 1985: Airtight, Shipwreck, Tollbooth, Eel, Lamprey, and Buzzer.

All ORIGINAL parts, ORIGINAL paint scheme and ORIGINAL accessories.

On a related thought:

Theme packs:

Slaugter's Marauders, Sky Patrol, Python Patrol (either in the old scheme or, better, the new one), Special Missions Brazil, Battle Force 2000, Tiger Force (2 packs of 5 each), Night Force (2 packs).

didnt they kind of already try this with the 2000 collectors series??

i personally would NOT want exact duplicates. I've worked too hard, and spent too much building my vintage collection for it all to be rereleased exactly. No thank you. However, re-releases with slightly different colors, but that still pay homage to their vintage counterpart, i am all for. Like what the comic packs are doing almost. Also, bring BACK CARD ART!

-saboteur

Yes thats sweet!

ferret.jpgdestro2.jpgferret.jpg

irongrenadier.jpgirongrenadier.jpgirongrenadier.jpg

Also my dream Viper six pack would have removable helmets. with different colored heads. And since the original helmet is bigger than the crimson guard helmet it would look Great.