Really Funny Tv Ad.

ARROW

Caught the current TV spot for the Royal Rumble twice now, and I think its brilliant.

Of course, I might be one of very few people here to get the whole West Side Story reference.

Brilliant, funny stuff.

Begging your pardon, what warrants that comment?

Its an older movie, from the 60's how many posters here do you think have SEEN the movie, much less heard of it?

Given most the crowd here being mostly 20 or so and under and the things they often reference being from the late 80's to the 90's--well, anyone who "get's it" is free to chime in.

My 14 year old stepson is a WWE fan and he asked me about the spot--which is why posted on it.

And, n8dawgaic, I don't follow other posters around on the forums if I have a problem with comments they've made to me in a thread.

Your immaturity is being broadcast for all to see. All you'll do is prove me right about you, in the end.

Of course, I might be one of very few people here to get the whole West Side Story reference.

First thing I thought of when you posted a comment like this is that we are too dumb to get it... Might have been better if you posted why we wouldn't have gotten it in your original post...

I hated that movie. I had to watch it in High School and in College. The Sharks vs the Jets. Sounds more like a football game than gang warfare.

I got it when it first aired. A couple weeks ago, I think it was on Raw, someone made a reference to the spot being based on the movie. I think its a verry funny add, but I thought it was odd, that Vince would let them show rivals together like that. It seems hes trying to hide that the stories are fake again, and this just seemed odd to me. Dosnt take away from the fact that its a great add however. Just an observation. And yes I understand that its a dream.

gotta love how rey has a wig on top of his mask.

gotta agree with Nate on this one. Were not all idiots.

And where did I say that anyone was an idiot?

The original West Side Story movie was made in the 60's--the stage play before that---not many folks here are likely to have seen either.

To be honest its kind of nice to see that some younger people have caught some of these kinds of films etc.

I have students in their 20's that have never heard of John Wayne--so forgive my cautions.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE