Don Murphy Gives Real Hints On Movie

FUGAYZIE

Don took a few Yes/No questions from people on the board. It was spread out over several pages so I just cut and paste to make it easier.

Do the transformers arrive on earth in prehistoric times like they did in the cartoon or comic?

Hmmm some do so Yes

Will Optimus be a conventional-type (long nose) truck?

Yes\(remember this is in the script- directors do change things)

Look, guys Optimus Prime is in his G1 incarnation.

If the script were to be made into a movie as it is right now...would it be over 2 hours long? (following the page a minute rule...)

No

Is Soundwave in it with a more conventional alt mode (ie: not a cassette deck / stereo / cd player / camcorder) ?

Yes

Does that mean we'll see the Dinobots? If so, will they show up in this movie or a sequel?

The answer is NO

and I am sure your pals here hate you for asking that one.

Ah, if the size change thing is true(will there be some level of size shiftin ie: Soundwave) then many cookies shall be sent your way. Chocolate? or other?

You owe me cookies and I only eat oatmeal raisin. (explained previously that size shifting will be minimal)

Is Soundwave in it with a more conventional alt mode (ie: not a cassette deck / stereo / cd player / camcorder) ?

Yes

WHAT?!?! So what's he supposed to be?

sounds like he will have an alt mode similar to Walkman, camcorder, cd player etc....something close to what SW is known to be.

As for Prime, I read the whole board (now up to 35 pages) Don said basicly Prime will be a more modern looking (18 wheel) truck (with the longer front end) ...but...and I quoat "Look, guys Optimus Prime is in his G1 incarnation" and if you read incarnation which is defined as 'having bodily form and substance' meaning he's a big red Mack style truck. Short nose, long nose a Mack truck is a Mack truck.

BAH!

...Grimlock need better talent agent.

@loll@

Its a shame I woulda liked to see them in this what will most likely be a peice of #$##! movie! :S damn movie! @grumpy@ Even if its good it will still be bad! & if its bad then its bad for tfs in general!

BAH!

@loll@

Its a shame I woulda liked to see them in this what will most likely be a peice of #$##! movie! :S damn movie! @grumpy@ Even if its good it will still be bad! & if its bad then its bad for tfs in general!

My - what an intelligent response. ;)

Oh come on, synch - see it first before passing judgement.

In regards to the inevitable outcry over the Dinobots not showing up in this movie, I ask only for the fanboys to remember there was a time in G1 before Dinobots, and there were plenty of cool characters w/o them around. They actually didn't play an enormous role in the series outside of their "starring" episodes.

BAH!

@loll@

My - what an intelligent response. ;)

Oh come on, synch - see it first before passing judgement.

I got you're intelligent response rigth here bud @firedevil@ I've been anti g1 movie since the rumors first started & I'll stand by that till its long gone

In regards to the inevitable outcry over the Dinobots not showing up in this movie, I ask only for the fanboys to remember there was a time in G1 before Dinobots, and there were plenty of cool characters w/o them around. They actually didn't play an enormous role in the series outside of their "starring" episodes.

Sorry but I have to disagree. There was only a few eps before the Dinos came around and they (especially Grimlock) have been a huge part of the G1 era. The dinos offered the rebellion factor with the Autobots (mainly Optimus Prime) and they where the muscle so to speak of the Autobot organization, saving their butts quite afew times. Dont forget that it was Grimlock who created Computron.

Yes

sounds like he will have an alt mode similar to Walkman, camcorder, cd player etc....something close to what SW is known to be.

Actually it's saying the complete opposite of that. Soundwave will NOT be any of those things.

He'll be either a car, a truck, or something else big, due to the non-size shifting

Yes

Actually it's saying the complete opposite of that. Soundwave will NOT be any of those things.

He'll be either a car, a truck, or something else big, due to the non-size shifting

Ahh..... now that I read it a second time I see what I missed the first time. Good eyes Gaz.

Yes

Ahh..... now that I read it a second time I see what I missed the first time. Good eyes Gaz.

I find it funny that he can do that with SW but does not want to screw with the dinos that way... I mean grimys allready a car @loll@ I'm sure the mustang guys would LOVEEEEEEEEE $$$$$ to see it in the movie ha!

Funny how people whine because the Dinobots (or whomever) won't be in the movie.

Think of it like X-Men. They had the more human looking/easier to do characters. Then in the sequel, we get Nightcrawler.

That's how THIS movie most likely will be. A simple handful of TFs (Autobots all cars, for example). Then in the sequel we can see non-car Autobots.

Also, the script is not complete, meaning ANYTHING could potentially happen between now and when the movie hits the theaters.