Scrap Iron And Croc Master

A Nonny Moose

Well dead never means "dead" in comics, as long as there is a story to be told. Also it was never said for certain that anyone died in the freight, it was just assumed. Also, the new Croc Master looks verry much like a zombie to me. And if its not the same guy, it could always be his son.

Scrap Iron never died in cartoon or comics. He was barely used in the Marvel series.

Croc Master perished in the freighter from food poisoning. Apparently. I mean, odds are no one knew what he looked like under his mask, anyway.

The new Croc Master is implied to be a new character from what I've heard.

They might as well officially reboot the toy line. The Storm Shadow-Snake Eyes feud has already been changed in Ninja Battles from what I understand. That might annoy some fans, but the toys have always gone their way, the comic writers choosing what to use and what not to (Cobra La, the Renegades in the Marvel run).

Scrap Iron was in the freighter IIRC. The new Croc Master looks like a V-Troop to me. I'm hoping that we can get new versions of older characters. Where are updated versions of Rock-N-Roll, Snow Job, Short Fuse, Night Creeper Leader, Shockwave, Falcon, or Hit-N-Run?

Edit: And I am wrong. It's been forever since i've read that issue, but i could have sworn he was either shown or Larry Hama said he was in there. Either way, as others have said, the SS/SE origin has been reworked, so why not reboot it 100 %. I'm an old Joe Fan, been there since 82 at Service Merchandise in Knoxville, when I saw Flash and fell in love with the line, so I'm not new to the line or the story, but it seems the line might benefit from a fresh start.

Mine are a little dusty, but definitely not dead! ;)

c'mon, you guys should know by now the toyline breaks continuity. it's done it several times in the past, and it will contintue to.

Edit: And I am wrong. It's been forever since i've read that issue, but i could have sworn he was either shown or Larry Hama said he was in there.

Hey...don't feel bad I thought Copperhead was dead. But now that I've been told otherwise, I really don't know WHY he hasn't got a new sculpt figure yet.

I really wish they'd say to hell with this Rule. I want a New Doc....never really liked Lifeline, but I'd take him. Joes need a medic.

Doc ain't no medic - he's a full fledged military doctor! So yeah, they need him.

I don't think the toyline really follows the comics... They seem to have totally independent "continuities" (if a toyline can have a continuity of sorts).

Edit: And I am wrong. It's been forever since i've read that issue, but i could have sworn he was either shown or Larry Hama said he was in there.

Hey...don't feel bad I thought Copperhead was dead. But now that I've been told otherwise, I really don't know WHY he hasn't got a new sculpt figure yet.

I really wish they'd say to hell with this Rule. I want a New Doc....never really liked Lifeline, but I'd take him. Joes need a medic.

If you read the Joe Battlefiles, Lifeline is a full fledged doctor now. He went back to school after Doc's death and became the new "Doc". Also he was commissioned as a Capt. Now i don't know if Devil's Due will stick to this but i know the toys haven't. They still have him listed as a SGT/E5 on his filecards.

As for the dead characters, a lot of the characters in the freighter were later said to have escape but a lot died.

Just pure speculation but I almost wonder if a new Copperhead is being held back till a new Water Mocassin or some type of Bravo sized vehicle comes out. That size is hard to get Cobra vehicles in.

Draven

I think the dead character rule is slowly going away. I would love a new Quick Kick. The Nunchuck who was him is still one of my fav Spytroop molds.

I bet we get a new Lifeline though, so that shuts a Doc out imo.

Draven

I think the dead character rule is slowly going away. I would love a new Quick Kick. The Nunchuck who was him is still one of my fav Spytroop molds.

Draven

I don't think it would necessarily shut Doc out, just make us wait a lot longer for a figure.

Draven

I don't think it would necessarily shut Doc out, just make us wait a lot longer for a figure.

True guess I should have worded that better. lol

I pick Lifeline because he was in the Battle Files, so they have the name and have at least thought about him as a new sculpt.

Draven

Nobody stays dead. Hell,Hasbro brought back Breaker for the TRU line,didn't they?

True, but neither of them were part of the "official" line. The first in the Stars & Stripes was part of ARAHC and the second in the comic pack.

And I don't think the new Croc Master is going to be indicative (on the filecard) as to whether or not he IS the old character or a new guy.

Nobody stays dead. Hell,Hasbro brought back Breaker for the TRU line,didn't they?

True, but neither of them were part of the "official" line. The first in the Stars & Stripes was part of ARAHC and the second in the comic pack.

And I don't think the new Croc Master is going to be indicative (on the filecard) as to whether or not he IS the old character or a new guy.

Yeah that Star and Stripes set was before the whole "no dead characters" thing Hasbro got themselves on.

As far as Croc Master I doubt like Pesatyel said, that we will even really know if its the original or another.

Draven

Deryl Depriest was the one who decided to follow the comic in regards to living and dead characters, he said as much. Hasbro wanted a martial arts guy, and Quick Kick was suggested, but shot down because he was "dead", so Nunchuk was reworked into a bare foot, shirtless character.

The 1997 releases and the RAHC were done under somebody else's tenure, Breaker, Col. Brekhov (who was also killed in the comics), and Serpentor (considered dead at the time) were all released.

Since we are getting comic packs with dead characters, I'm not as annoyed about it. But, I'd love to see the rule tossed out. Serpentor's return proves that if a character is popular enough, they'll be back. That, and Devil's Due's trigger happy antics have needlessly offed some decent characters.