New Vehicle R.o.c.c.

gijoebase

As most of us have seen the list of expected toys for this year at cobraisland.com, one of the vehicles on the list was the deluxe vehicle R.O.C.C. which stands for Rolling Operations Command Center.

I recently watched the valor vs. venom movie, and noticed the scene where slice and slash are heading towards the GI Joe launch base. In this seen (if you watch it yourself, you'll see what i mean), they show a long cobra vehicle that is surrounded by BATs and it has a weapon on it that cobra uses to knock out the joe's electronics. Could this be the R.O.C.C.?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently watched the valor vs. venom movie, and noticed the scene where slice and slash are heading towards the GI Joe launch base. In this seen (if you watch it yourself, you'll see what i mean), they show a long cobra vehicle that is surrounded by BATs and it has a weapon on it that cobra uses to knock out the joe's electronics. Could this be the R.O.C.C.?

I thought it was a suped up version of destro's dominator

I think its a Joe vehicle. My understanding is retailers won't buy large Cobra vehicles anymore.

Draven

Why wouldn't large retailers buy cobra deluxe vehicles?

Because they have no friggin clue what it is they sell, they have just stuck with the phrase: "Bad Guys Don't Sell. despite evidence to the contrary.

Retailers no longer let the manufacturer decide what they think the customers want, its all what the retailer THINKS will do well despite the fact that the manufacturer has MORE to loose than the store which sells more than one product line.

Further, retailers seem to think that it is good to have a million versions of the same good guy and no bad guys.

They should be checking boards out like this and see what the real damn collectors want,thats what I think.Hell I would pay more for figures if they would make what we want,but then on the other let them put out what ever they want and we will just customize it.

It was an IRON Grenadier Dominator in tank mode. It was dragging some kind of EMP generator behind it, attached to its rear end.

Sorry but we're just going to have to wait until one of the E-Bay bandits in Hong Kong puts one of these ROCC's up for sale online before we know what it will look like.

I think its a Joe vehicle. My understanding is retailers won't buy large Cobra vehicles anymore.

Draven

Why wouldn't large retailers buy cobra deluxe vehicles?

Because they have no friggin clue what it is they sell, they have just stuck with the phrase: "Bad Guys Don't Sell. despite evidence to the contrary.

Retailers no longer let the manufacturer decide what they think the customers want, its all what the retailer THINKS will do well despite the fact that the manufacturer has MORE to loose than the store which sells more than one product line.

Further, retailers seem to think that it is good to have a million versions of the same good guy and no bad guys.

Hopeful the phrase "bad guys dont sell" will be proved wrong by operation crimson sabotage. The success of this set must convince somebody that bad guys do sell.

Hopeful the phrase "bad guys dont sell" will be proved wrong by operation crimson sabotage. The success of this set must convince somebody that bad guys do sell.

of course the ocs was an instant hit with fans, but there's still tons of them left over at my kb stores. just like the crimson attack tank exclusive, i think there was a lot more than enough of these to go around. so, i'm still not sure the sales from the fans purchases is enough to show them otherwise. :mellow:

Well then it was just a "Fluke". =P

Logic and "Big Retail chains" go together about as well as a Pyro and box of matches.

That's what I thought it was too.....Was actually kinda surprised they used it seeing as we last saw it on the shelf in 2002. But they used Wet Suit as well...but then again He is suppose to be getting a new figure.

Edit: Damn...you people type fast.

Hopeful the phrase "bad guys dont sell" will be proved wrong by operation crimson sabotage.  The success of this set must convince somebody that bad guys do sell.

of course the ocs was an instant hit with fans, but there's still tons of them left over at my kb stores. just like the crimson attack tank exclusive, i think there was a lot more than enough of these to go around. so, i'm still not sure the sales from the fans purchases is enough to show them otherwise. :mellow:

Dude, if you still have some in your area, can you hook me up with one? There are zero to be had here.

Anyway, retailers should have gotten the message with the COBRA Infantry set which sold like hot cakes. They lasted 1 week at my TRU and then went bye-bye.

I recently watched the valor vs. venom movie, and noticed the scene where slice and slash are heading towards the GI Joe launch base.  In this seen (if you watch it yourself, you'll see what i mean), they show a long cobra vehicle that is surrounded by BATs and it has a weapon on it that cobra uses to knock out the joe's electronics.  Could this be the R.O.C.C.?

Oh, right it WAS the Dominator.

Hopeful the phrase "bad guys dont sell" will be proved wrong by operation crimson sabotage.  The success of this set must convince somebody that bad guys do sell.

I don't think the C.A.T. II is entirely comparable. People were confused as to whether it was brick or online or both. Then there was the hastles of cancelations and stuff.

The big retailers just have in their head the Cobra stuff does not sell. We are lucky to even get Bravo sized vehicles. If you have not noticed there are so many more Joe vehicles than Cobra the last few years.

Draven

Dude, if you still have some in your area, can you hook me up with one? There are zero to be had here.

Anyway, retailers should have gotten the message with the COBRA Infantry set which sold like hot cakes. They lasted 1 week at my TRU and then went bye-bye.

There was also a limited run of the Cobra Infantry sets due to a factory in China closing its doors and not allowing the companies to get their molds back. They Chinese ppl wanted more money. Hasbro planned to make more of these figures but couldn't b/c the molds are being held for ransom. Read the posts at this link for more info/better explaination...starting at post #10

http://www.joesightings.com/ubbcgi/ultimat...ic;f=3;t=003175

The big retailers just have in their head the Cobra stuff does not sell. We are lucky to even get Bravo sized vehicles. If you have not noticed there are so many more Joe vehicles than Cobra the last few years.

Draven

Yeah, but G.I. Joe has ALWAYS had more vehicles/playsets than Cobra. That's nothing new. Granted it STILL sucks, but not really new.

The only thing they can do would be to make the Cobra vehicles good enough to sell themselves.

How? I'm not really sure. Now that Walmart is out of the picture, I don't think gimmicks are as much a necessity (though I COULD be wrong). So, if that IS the case, the only things I can think of are playability and being asthetically pleasing.

Draven

Yeah, but G.I. Joe has ALWAYS had more vehicles/playsets than Cobra. That's nothing new. Granted it STILL sucks, but not really new.

The only thing they can do would be to make the Cobra vehicles good enough to sell themselves.

How? I'm not really sure. Now that Walmart is out of the picture, I don't think gimmicks are as much a necessity (though I COULD be wrong). So, if that IS the case, the only things I can think of are playability and being asthetically pleasing.

Well of course there has but look at the numbers lately. The Cobra Mountain, Night Adder, Rattler, etc have all not sold well. So retailers are being dumb and saying because they are bad guys, Cobra, etc. I mean TRU turned down the OCS for the Vamp set!

Draven

Ohhh, I see the problem.

The Cobra Mountain, Night Adder, Rattler, etc. didn't sell well, so they equate low sales with them being "bad guy" vehicles and NOT because they just flat sucked. :wacko:

But see, that goes with what I said earlier. WHY did they suck? If Hasbro can figure THAT out (and, of course, it ISN'T because they are Cobra vehicles), then vehicles in general will sell better.

Ohhh, I see the problem.

The Cobra Mountain, Night Adder, Rattler, etc. didn't sell well, so they equate low sales with them being "bad guy" vehicles and NOT because they just flat sucked. :wacko:

But see, that goes with what I said earlier. WHY did they suck? If Hasbro can figure THAT out (and, of course, it ISN'T because they are Cobra vehicles), then vehicles in general will sell better.

Oh yeah man Hasbro has no one but themselves to blame for retailers not wanting Cobra vehicles imo. If the Rattler was blk, blue or even crimson it would have flown off the shelves imo. The Cobra Mountain.....eh we are not going there, and lastly the NA was just to aa and venonized for some to take.

Draven

dont forget the awesome pee.gif -viper and his pee.gif -mobile... that was one awesome idea!!!

How dare you make fun of the Pee Pee Viper! @smilepunch@

Seriously the sad thing is, that one sold well it seems. Lord knows why as the vehicle sucks to imo. @lol@

Draven

dont forget the awesome pee.gif -viper and his pee.gif -mobile... that was one awesome idea!!!

How dare you make fun of the Pee Pee Viper! @smilepunch@

Seriously the sad thing is, that one sold well it seems. Lord knows why as the vehicle sucks to imo. @lol@

Draven

I think it was simply size.