Did I Get A Good Deal?

*Deathblade

I picked these up at a local flee marcket. They are all about c 8 with the exception of the sludge viper and the lampreys, they are about c 6, I paid 30 bucks for them. Of course the obvious answer is whatever I feel they are worth, but what do you guys think? They have no accessories.

DSC00931.JPG

To be honest, I personally would have passed on them due to the condition of the figures and that they included no accessories. I'm all about qualty and not quanity when it comes to my collection. I'm also not very fond of figures that too colorful; however, I wouldn't mind adding Cesspool and the SAW-Viper to my collection...but they would definitely have to be complete figures in no less than C-9 condition.

I would have paid maybe $15 for that particular lot, $20 at the very most. It's a nice assortment of COBRA figures nevertheless, and one that I would have some fun touching up and maybe using for some customs.

Those TARGET (?) figures would have kept me from paying the $30 though. I hate those damned things!

I would have paid maybe $15 for that particular lot, $20 at the very most. It's a nice assortment of COBRA figures nevertheless, and one that I would have some fun touching up and maybe using for some customs.

I agree with ol' VH here,I probably would've only paid $20 at the most for figures like that.Maybe I would've paid $30 if they had their accessories as well,but that's been ruled out.

I don't think it's that bad of a deal. Personally, I wouldn't have bought them, since I'm pretty much only interested in stuff up until '87 or so (depending on the figure). But hey, if for no other reason, try customizing them or something.

It's not a bad deal since the per-figure is at a little over $3 each, but not a good one either. I'd say you pretty much got what you paid for.

What flea market, by the way? I was at a flea market here in San Antonio last weekend and not a single seller had Joes at all. :(

I dont think it was too bad of a deal, like someone mentioned, the Cesspool mask with mouthpiece is hard to find(the mouthpiece I mean), and the TARGATS masks are a plus, I'd go either way, if it's something you were looking for, I'm sure the rest of the weapons couldn't be too hard to find(PSSST... I might have some ;) ). Me personally, I only like one or two figs... so I would have talked the guy down and if not.. passed, cool haul non the less... seems like it's a lot harder to find older Joes at FMs or garage sales these days!

It's not a bad deal since the per-figure is at a little over $3 each, but not a good one either. I'd say you pretty much got what you paid for.

What flea market, by the way? I was at a flea market here in San Antonio last weekend and not a single seller had Joes at all. :(

I think the flea market is new, the gf saw a commercial for it and we decided to go, it is off 35 N and the walzem exit, right next to a Conns, it used to be a walmart. It is in the same area as the windsor park mall.

He had the joes in a bag under the table, I was looking through some corps figs and he asked me if I was interested.

The guy was cool, but I kinda had the feeling he was trying to stiff me. He had a misb detonator that he wanted 55 bucks for. I laughed and told him I got one for 15 misb off ebay a couple of months ago.

He had about 50 figures in all, but most were in bad shape. I picked out most of the better ones, though he had a few joes in good shape I just wasnt interested in. He had an 82 scarlett with crossbow that looked to be good shape(it was in a bubble) for 10, and a ghostrider with scarf, but I didnt ask him how much for that. I passed on those.

Based on what you guy are saying in seems I got a so so deal. I dont really mind because I am a stickler for conditions, but not so much so for accessories and I LIKE the targat mold. I actually have a couple I got a while back from a comic book store.

What is funny though, is I did talk the guy down, he was wanting 3 to 7 bucks per fig!!! @loll@ seeing as those were troop builders he was looking to charge me like 50 bucks!! @loll@

thanks for your honest opinions guys, I have a whole slew of joes and transformers I got when I was home for christmas, Hopefully I can take pics soon.

Here a preview, of the boxes I have to open.

DSC00934.JPG

NOt a bad deal nor a great one like said. But anytime you pay about $3 for a loose fig without weapons is a good deal. I sold a large quanity of loose Joes with no weapons for around that much when I was selling.

And like you said you liked the figs so that's all that matters.

Draven

I personally think the price was a little too steep, especially for a flea market, I would have paid two bucks a figure for those, which would come out to 22 bucks, and then I would have offered a twenty spot for them