Do You Like The Wave#7 Cobra Commander?

cobra3

I like it so far. I think that pic we all saw on Ebay doesn't do it justice. The hood looks far too plain. The finished product will probably look even better.

They may as well reveal his face - it hasn't been much of a secret since the mid-80s. If they do, I wonder if they'd go with a comic or cartoon version...

I like the tone of blue, as it is much closer to the cartoon version...but there is way too much white on him and the purple cords KILL the figure. The interchangable head idea is nice, but although sculpted well, that hood looks RIDICULOUS without eyes or even a Cobra sigal on it...pretty lazy.

Eh, I may get the pack for Lincoln Talbot. ;)

I'm tired of the Spy Troops C.C. body. Not that I'm itching for a new Cobra Commander mold, either. The wind-blown hood seems kinda silly to me. The helmet head is bigger than before, which should be an improvement, but somehow isn't.

Wonder if the heads are removable that we'll see more ideas like that in the future? Duke with :D and :angry: head. Snake-Eyes with :ph34r: and @flammed@ heads.

WHOA! that looks nice under there, Now if he could just have a cloth cape and a repaint, perfect! that head wuld be good for so many masked customs, i actuatly hope they reuse it on someone else.

Well that's a great Head Sculpt on the CC. Add a Cobra Logo to the front and you'd almost have a Ski Mask version of old snake head from Reloaded.

But I still don't like this figure....the hook and Helmet look strange on the figure and the colors are pretty bleh, not to mention this mold has been done to death and in my opinon none have topped the one packed with Switch Gears.

But I still don't like this figure....the hook and Helmet look strange on the figure and the colors are pretty bleh, not to mention this mold has been done to death and in my opinon none have topped the one packed with Switch Gears.

What? It's the same mold as the one with Switch Gears, just different colors. Just switch the head of this one to the other one.

I'm glad they keep reusing the mold. Means the found one very suitable for Cobra Commander and they won't have to waste a brand new mold on an old character. Would you rather they wasted a brand new mold on another Cobra Commander or use it for Footloose or some other new character?

What? It's the same mold as the one with Switch Gears, just different colors. Just switch the head of this one to the other one.

I'm glad they keep reusing the mold. Means the found one very suitable for Cobra Commander and they won't have to waste a brand new mold on an old character. Would you rather they wasted a brand new mold on another Cobra Commander or use it for Footloose or some other new character?

i would like them to tweak this mold, either give him a cloth cape or talke those things off his chest. He can't set down in a cape.

i would like them to tweak this mold, either give him a cloth cape or talke those things off his chest. He can't set down in a cape.

Yeah, but tweaking is a complaint about EVERY mold. I guarantee that when people get the new Snake Eyes, SOMEBODY is going to say that SOMETHING could have been done different or "tweaked."

Yeah.....I know. What I meant was that None of the repaints of this mold have been better then the first one. Course you can't really DO any better with the paints then the first one, so that's not surpriseing. But since the first one was so good, it'll proablly have to be a new CC mold before I am impressed again. Hence needing to let this one die cause it's been over used.

And yes I would cause, I could give two craps about Footloose. =P You might have swayed me had you used Low Light or Major Bludd.

Yeah.....I know. What I meant was that None of the repaints of this mold have been better then the first one. Course you can't really DO any better with the paints then the first one, so that's not surpriseing. But since the first one was so good, it'll proablly have to be a new CC mold before I am impressed again. Hence needing to let this one die cause it's been over used.

And yes I would cause, I could give two craps about Footloose. =P You might have swayed me had you used Low Light or Major Bludd.

@smilepunch@ picking nits.

You knew what I meant.

Not bad, I appreciate that Hasbro at least did something different with this release beyond a new paint scheme (and I agree, can't do much better than the ST wave 8 version, even though the wave 5 is pretty good IMO).

Kind of surprised to hear some asking for a new Cobra Commander mold. I like the head they did, and the interchangable masks basically removes the problems of people liking one over the other, I just wish that the next release will have a new body, perhaps something line line with DD's design or the Battle Armor version.

You could tell the helmet was the old Spytroops Shipwreck one, so I knew it was removable for that reason alone.

Anyway love the head underneath and the blue color. I don't like the white and the mold that much anymore though. The mold is too tall and CC needs a new mold asap! Keep the head with helmet and hood idea though.

Draven