Winter Operations 6 Pack For Pre-order!

robot_sonic

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridiculous... all these 6-packs up for preorder, and we don't have a picture of any of them!

Ya know!?! I mean nobody's losing out if they show the pics upfront. This is TRU/Amazon's baby, and they should be showing pics already.

ya i dont want to buy anything untill i see pic besides the ss mail away

Even that may end up looking like crap though.

true but it will be kool for a custom of him if its that bad . there will be a use for the head no matter what.

true but it will be kool for a custom of him if its that bad . there will be a use for the head no matter what.

Not necessarily. Could just be repaint of someone else's head and, depending on how it is done, could go for limited use. Look at the skin of the new Zombie Vi...I mean Ninja Viper. If this Storm Shadow uses Chuckles' head with that shade of skin, I can't imagine it being too useful.

This is ridiculous... all these 6-packs up for preorder, and we don't have a picture of any of them!

Ya know!?! I mean nobody's losing out if they show the pics upfront. This is TRU/Amazon's baby, and they should be showing pics already.

If they don't have finished pics, what's the point?

I love arctic figures.. but this has a potential to really get screwed up.. If they don't all have a good color scheme of White, and grey or light blue or black.. its gonna suck..

Plus, arctic figures have always come with great accessories.. and the 6-packs haven't come with good accessories since Python Patrol!

Plus, arctic figures have always come with great accessories.. and the 6-packs haven't come with good accessories since Python Patrol!

Yeah, they should give each of them a Snowjob backpack... or at least snow shoes. Arctic gear is cool...

I think that's the point. Chances are, the arctic set is a ways away from having working prototypes, much less a product that is close to the finished items. So, there probably aren't any photos. Remember, when the ninja 6 pack first showed up on Amazon (about 5 months before it's retail release) it was shown as including Firefly, Stormshadow, Jinx and Snake Eyes. So, these things change in time and showing pics this far out would only create false expectations or false disappointement with a lineup and color scheme that will change.

In the case of the Greenshirts and Crimson sets, though, the finished protos should be done. I know that the Crimson set protos have been reviewed by people out there. So, we should see pics of these within 3 weeks or so. But, when we do, there will probably be a VERY short window between the first pics and the first reports of the items showing up at retail.

I love arctic figures.. but this has a potential to really get screwed up.. If they don't all have a good color scheme of White, and grey or light blue or black.. its gonna suck..

I wouldn't mind something like this:

arctic.jpg

... a derivative of the pattern on Flint's pants here.

At this point, I'd be surprised if they did come with great accessories.

Speaking of which, I think this would make a nice maritime ops pattern for a future 6-pack:

marine.jpg

... minus the yellow, of course.

Yes... if they had them... they should show them.

I think that's the point. Chances are, the arctic set is a ways away from having working prototypes, much less a product that is close to the finished items. So, there probably aren't any photos. Remember, when the ninja 6 pack first showed up on Amazon (about 5 months before it's retail release) it was shown as including Firefly, Stormshadow, Jinx and Snake Eyes. So, these things change in time and showing pics this far out would only create false expectations or false disappointement with a lineup and color scheme that will change.

Then they shouldn't be putting up preorders so far in advance. Wasn't it the desert set (or was it the OCS?) that had preorders then got canceled then preorders were back and then canceled again. One big mess.

I think they are just playing upon those fans that buy ANYTHING with the Joe label on it, regardless. Those people don't need preview pics, they will buy anyway, even if the item sucks (like the desert set).

Well we'll never really know untill we see them. Im certainly going in with realistic expectations hoping for a pleasant suprise.

But you ARE absolutely right about wanting to know EXACTLY what youre in for before committing any money. Hopefully pictures or stolen prototypes showing up on Ebay wont be too far off.

Its funny I did pre order the Crimson set and probably will regret that. @lol@

Draven

*In Zoidberg's voice* You could give them to me, maybe? @smilepunch@

Seriously, what do you have to worry about with it? The only way they could ruin that set is if they were painted neon green and came with purple Rock Viper rifles.

Its funny I did pre order the Crimson set and probably will regret that. @lol@

Draven

*In Zoidberg's voice* You could give them to me, maybe? @smilepunch@

Seriously, what do you have to worry about with it? The only way they could ruin that set is if they were painted neon green and came with purple Rock Viper rifles.

No there are others and well me thinks they are coming. @grumpy@

Draven