A New Idea?

sunshine

I lkie it, but I think they should do two mystery packs, one cobra and one joe. Each one would have two joes or two cobra individuals, no army builders and just label each one so u dont end up buying like 12 joe packs.

let's see...spend $7 on that cool troop builder pack or $7 for the mystery set and maybe get that highly sought after Hi-Tech vs AA Duke 2 pack. but hey, at least I was surprised!

really, what would be the point of this? if the element of surprise is what is missing in your collecting, you could always just stop looking online for what is coming out, never go to a store and merely have a friend go buy you a 2 pack, any 2 pack that they choose. would be the same surprise when you got it out of the bag.

what would be Hasbro's incentive to make a pack that hides what is inside and only a few people may be interested in when they could reveal what is inside and many more people would buy it?

moreso, what is the customers incentive to buy something that they don't know what they are getting? honestly, who here goes into a store, closes their eyes and just randomly purchases items for the surprise? I am really dumbfounded by this idea and the interest in it.

It might be ok BUT they would have to guarantee that both figs in the 2 pack are new figs and not Tunnel Rats, SS or SEs. I think then it would be cool. So long as they are brand new figs and not just repaints or repackages...

Thats true it should be new sculpt figures or updates on new figures. For instance they should do like a resculpt of Spirit and maybe SnowJob. Just take the old figure and the old uniform and resculpt it JvC V3 style and resculpt the original weapons for them two . I would love to have Spirits old uniform in JvC style and Freedom resculpted to.

How about this instead: each two pack includes part of a bonus "Mystery" figure as a pack in? Each pack in the wave includes an arm, or a head, or a torso, etc. Each piece would be packed in a black baggie, and you wouldn't know who it was until you got the whole figure (Well at least the kids wouldn't). And when you got the whole figure you could send in to Hasbro (A little certificate in each pack) for the filecard telling you who your mystery figure is and a set of weapons for him/her. That way the only way to get the mystery figure would be to buy the entire wave.

How about that?

That would be bad. I want to see what I'm buying, if for no reason other than to see if it has decent paint application.

Agreed.

Paint apps are frequently so crappy, you have to search the stack just to find a single pack that looks good (or at least decent).

How about this instead: each two pack includes part of a bonus "Mystery" figure as a pack in? Each pack in the wave includes an arm, or a head, or a torso, etc. Each piece would be packed in a black baggie, and you wouldn't know who it was until you got the whole figure (Well at least the kids wouldn't). And when you got the whole figure you could send in to Hasbro (A little certificate in each pack) for the filecard telling you who your mystery figure is and a set of weapons for him/her. That way the only way to get the mystery figure would be to buy the entire wave.

How about that?

The figure would most likely HAVE to be a repaint.

As was pointed out, people will buy more if they can see the figure and know what is available ahead of time.

anyone who likes to spend money and not know what they are getting, send me $7 and I'll send you a couple of figures. @smilepunch@

if given the option of knowing what figures you are spending your money on and not knowing, how many people are honestly going to spend blindly? you can do that now, but I'm sure you don't. the answer is noone.