Hot Wheels Was My First Collection...

n8dawgaic

Whats the Hot Wheels/Matchbox scene like today?

Before I collected Turtles, Joes, Power Rangers, Star Wars, WWF/E etc. etc. I was into the Hot Wheels and Matchboxes.

For those who collect, do you leave them MOC or open them?

Is Hot Wheels really better then Matchbox?

How do you display/store them?

Thanks in advance.

-Nate

i think hot wheels are definitely better than matchbox. along with the myriad of action figure lines, and lego and other toys i've collected all my life, i also collect hot wheels and other cars. for a while i collected them moc alongside opening them. 'cause there was a time in the 90's when there was all the "they'll be worth so much in 20 years" hype. i've long since quit collecting mib/moc toys.

anyway, like all my toys, i also open my hot wheels 'cause i like enjoying them hands on and playing with them. i have some of the tracks and playsets for them. i stopped collecting hot wheels for a good five or so years, but i also just recently got back into them. lots of cool stuff. and i even want some of the new playsets.

i keep them in a hot wheels see-through carry case.

• 1 month later...

I've got a friend who collects HW and he keeps them MOC.

I'd say HW are more collector friendly over the years but maybe not as of late. They are doing so many variations that it's frustrating alot of collectors I know. Like there are variations of some of the T-Hunts this year and they'll be impossible to find.

I've got a friend who collects HW and he keeps them MOC.

I'd say HW are more collector friendly over the years but maybe not as of late. They are doing so many variations that it's frustrating alot of collectors I know. Like there are variations of some of the T-Hunts this year and they'll be impossible to find.

Is there an online store where you can just buy the case? @hmmm@

• 10 months later...

Hah, made this post a year ago and it's still on the front page.

Anyway, also a year later, I've started a collection of them more for the gf. Something for her to enjoy when she so kindly goes on so many of my hunts with me. She digs cars so it's something neat to do with her.

Are there any good sites (like yojoe, rebelscums) for hot wheels? I find their official site very tedious and confusing.

• 3 months later...

i have a hot wheels case. i will post a picture sometime.