Hawk And Dove

LiquidMetal

Hank Hall was killed. I always figured that there would end up being another Hawk. I don't like the fact that it's a woman, and I especially don't like that costume. Since Hawk's powers come from Chaos, I think they should have kept Hawk a man. Men, by nature, are a little more chaotic than women. That would have kept a great dichotomy with the female Dove. We'll see what happens next.

I always wanted Hank Hall to come back. He was another great character that DC ruined due to stupid editorial decisions. Everyone knows Monarch was supposed to be Captain Atom and be defeated by his younger counterpart. Instead they have Hawk turn traitor, kill Dove and throw in with Parallax. Classy thing to do to a popular character. They're fixing Hal, why not Hawk too?

Hank Hall was killed. I always figured that there would end up being another Hawk. I don't like the fact that it's a woman, and I especially don't like that costume. Since Hawk's powers come from Chaos, I think they should have kept Hawk a man. Men, by nature, are a little more chaotic than women. That would have kept a great dichotomy with the female Dove. We'll see what happens next.

You don't know much about women, do ya? @smilepunch@

I kid, I kid...

Hawk going evil always bothered me. I do wish that they would fix that...

DC has had a habit lately of diversifying heroes. You have the female Crimson Avenger, the female Star Spangled Kid, the African American Star Boy, the female Speedy, Jakeem Thunder and the new Firestorm. I guess a female Hawk can work, although I was hoping to see them pull Katar Hol out of Limbo and use him as Hawk. I'm all for seeing where this goes. It can't be worse than that last version of Hawk and Dove, can it? ;)

Sounds pretty sexist to me.. In some cultures, women are seen as the more darker one, hence the yin and yang symbols.

Also, the whole thing about men being more aggressive is probably because our human dimorphism, but in american society, men being agressive is pretty much what the media protrays us, which is inaccurate.

I am just getting tired of the whole female is nice and light, while men are dark and evil sort of thing.

Excellent point. It would be cool to have Dove as a man, if they wanted to make Hawk a woman. I just think that to be opposites, you have to have one male and one female. The female Dove has been a part of Dc continuity for a little while now. I just thought that with her as the "veteran" of the duo, there should be, to show a definite "opposite", a male Hawk.