Renewed Hope For...

Gundam Prime

Funny thing is, most of the G1 characters were cars (not trucks or whatever), yet a lot of people are complaining about too many cars!

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Well, yeah, but the way they're going about it is dumb.

Okay, so we're going to do cars. That's okay - we want Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker and Kup (and that's just in this thread. Of course we can think of others). So what do they do? Release Grimlock and Ravage. Hello?

That's why people are getting tired of just cars. Bring on the jets, and other alt modes so you don't have to mess up the characters as much.

Funny thing is, most of the G1 characters were cars (not trucks or whatever), yet a lot of people are complaining about too many cars!

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Well, yeah, but the way they're going about it is dumb.

Okay, so we're going to do cars. That's okay - we want Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker and Kup (and that's just in this thread. Of course we can think of others). So what do they do? Release Grimlock and Ravage. Hello?

That's why people are getting tired of just cars. Bring on the jets, and other alt modes so you don't have to mess up the characters as much.

Well, I CAN understand WHY they did it.

Dead End was a test to see how well Decepticons would work (Swindle, seriously, who would be better for a repaint of Hound?)

Ravage is a test of non-car alt. mode TFs. And Grimlock is just immensely popular.

I see why people are upset. Grimlock and Ravage could just as easily have been trucks or something OTHER than cars. But, in Ravage's case, I think it was easier to go with a current mold (again, as I said, a test) then a new mold.

Grimlock, I think he WAS going to be someone else originally, but with the rumor and disccusion of Energon Grimlock & Swoop (if I recall, Alt. Grimlock was announced about the same time) and the constant calls for a G1 Grimlock reissue, they decided to make him Grimlock instead. Just speculation as he is the only one that doesn't fit, so far. And I'm not counting Shockwave as he isn't available yet.

Oh, I understand as well. I don't really care that much - actually, I like those Alts better than, say, Windcharger, but it still contributes to a pretty boring, all-car lineup.

I for one can't wait until we see the Alternator seekers!

I say make that mirage :D

Exactly!!! That car has just the right colors to be Mirage....

and it's fast/sporty, just like G1 Mirage!!! @firedevil@

Man, I hope a Mirage Alt/BT is in the works.....

hopefully, either the upcomin' Acura or the Mitsubishi will be Mirage.....

but this Viper would work great, too, IMO!!! :)

#US1#

Yeah there was that rumor I heard sometime back about someone catching a glimpse of one. Hope its true, even though it may end up being slightly smaller in scale.

But before those come out, I want my Sunstreaker first.

Wah, wah, wah, cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it by getting a yellow Tracks and putting a Dead End's head on it.

Back at OTFCC, the Hasbro guys (Aaron) talked about Sunstreaker being the first Alternators store exclusive. That's where I'd be looking if I were you

SO like what? an tfc con exclusive? I'd shuder to think of the cost...

I say make that mirage :D

Can I get an AMEN!!!! Mirage that is what I am talkin bout!!!! Me and Opticon are on the same page. ;)