Soundwave & Blaster

redrum2581

ok i was just thinking, since you know cassette players are out of style, what if they turned them into videogame system, like ps2, gcn x-box, gbds, psp, and the tapes would be games, or dvd players? i think the x-box would be good though simply because it's big and bulky

Those are both brilliant ideas. I would love to see a handheld style Soundwave, that way the screen could still be the chest (looks similar to old style). Although due to licenses, I assume Hasbro would have to make their own design for a handheld video game rather than try to back up one of the companies for the platform wars.

never thought of video game consoles, those I know there have been some fan conepts drawn up over the last couple years of game boys and computers. But I dont thin kanyone ever did the cassette guys as games.

And what would be the point?  Making SW a videogame would leave him out of the comunications staff, cause he couldnt play back nothing but games.

he wouldn't be a communications guy anymore ;) Just like megatron will never be a gun anymore. let go of G1! :D

Those are both brilliant ideas. I would love to see a handheld style Soundwave, that way the screen could still be the chest (looks similar to old style). Although due to licenses, I assume Hasbro would have to make their own design for a handheld video game rather than try to back up one of the companies for the platform wars.

Not true. The DS and PSP are both capable of music and video playback, the PSP moreso than the DS though, since it needs add-ons. Then there's the N-Gage, which also plays music and is a cell phone on top of being a hand-held gaming machine. One rumor patrol has it that the PSP will soon get the ability to surf the net too.

I did some designs of Soundwave as a PS2 once, with Rumble and Frenzy as controllers, and the cassettes as memory cards...

http://www.deviantart.com/view/5122317/

There we go...apparently I never scanned the page with the transformation sequence.

i hadn't thought about them having to back somebody on the game wars and yeah x-box would be the last system used thanks to the japanese hatred of the green machine. the ps2 controler memory card thing is cool, and yes both psp and ds play video and music, and they both have wi-fi network capabilities, which allows you to netsurf if connected, not sure exactly how it works though

How about making them those custom "Boom" cars with the huge speakers? Fits in with their sound theme.

Not a bad idea. I think they pretty much have stuck with vehicles now so that would make sense. Still, they've come up with concepts that made us drool like Energon Downshift, ROdimus, and Shockblast.

Those are both good ideas.

As far as Alt/BT I actually just finished my custom Binaltech Blaster. Binaltech because its made from a dicast model that I hack sawed apart. Once I get my modem repaired in my home computer (tomorrow hopefully) I'll post pics. I even did Steeljaw as an engine both of them are 1/24 scale. It turned out really nice.