Has The Momentum For Reissues Gone

relivingdapast

it seems like forever since ive bought a g1 reissue either hasbro or takara. mind you i missed out on the insecticons which was my fault. and i cant find it anywhere in canada.

its weird, cuz i used to be on the ball with them. finding out release dates, breaking tru employees b@lls phoning "did you get ...", doing pre-orders, or making sure i get stuff as soon as they are released. i just dont seem to be with it anymore.

i kind of blame the spacing of releases. once takara stopped doing the 2 at a time release, it slowed things down. and tru well i prefered when it was comm series _ with 3 figures released at once. for some time theyve been 1 here 1 there.

for me its made me lose interest, although not wanting to.

and also the figure selections too. along with tru releasing what takara just did previously.

anybody else feeling the same.

i want to get back in the game but im not being driven to do so.

I dout hasbro is done... & dang I hope takara does not pick up the pace! Just one... perhaps two a month & I could deal with it & the bts :S I Think hasbro is just trying to clear out the remaning stuff they have, before they start putting out the new stuff, other wise whats the point eh?

What hasbro really needs to do though... Is get on the same schedual as takara is... Most people don't wana wait for a figure, & if they can get it for around the same price they can here @usa@ as they can in @japan@ well then they are just gona pick up the japanese ones... & thats one of hasbros bigest problems...

I think maybe the reason for the delay could have to do with the fact that the people from Takara/Hasbro are trying to promote more of the "big boys" from the series. That way even though they do wait long to release reissue figures, they make up for the wait with another combiner. I mean realistically when you have a reissue like Predaking come out, you cant consider him just one character. :P

What hasbro really needs to do though... Is get on the same schedual as takara is... Most people don't wana wait for a figure, & if they can get it for around the same price they can here @usa@ as they can in @japan@ well then they are just gona pick up the japanese ones... & thats one of hasbros bigest problems...

Thats a good point.

I hope Hasbro continues their reissues. If they market it like they did series 1 & 2 (not over saturating the shelves) I think that will help alot...the whole supply and demand thing would be a factor again.

The Takaras are alot better but If I can pay half and get the same bot Im going with Hasbro.

:) :) All I know, I will be passing all the Reissue/DW box if the next reissue does not have the rubsign. I'll make an exception to Blitzwing this time.

So, looks like I'm back to square one....searching for the vintage. I love those rubsigns damn it. Takara want to be cheap, then I'll pass on their reissue. @grumpy@ @grumpy@

:) :) All I know, I will be passing all the Reissue/DW box if the next reissue does not have the rubsign. I'll make an exception to Blitzwing this time.

So, looks like I'm back to square one....searching for the vintage. I love those rubsigns damn it. Takara want to be cheap, then I'll pass on their reissue. @grumpy@ @grumpy@

I'm almost positive all of my DW reissues have rubsigns. I may have to check, but I think they do Rem. :)

I have seen slowdown from both companies with reissues. I want to see Sideswipe Stateside, but I most likely will go for the Takara reissue. I didn't mean to skip TM Hot ROd, Hound, and the Insecticons(I've got them but I want minty fresh ones), but money has been tight the past two months so I haven't been able to get much. When I start work again it won't be so bad.

:) :) Every Reissue and DW box #0 to #16 all have those rubsign. But someone reported that Blitzwing does not come with one. I really want some confirmations from some other owners.

Oh sorry, Rem. I thought you meant the whole line. I didn't realize you were talking about Blitzwing. :) Yeah I hope he comes with one. Seems like a waste not to.

I don't really care about the rubsign THAT much, but I'd prefer it to be there.

I think a lot of momentum for toys is gone at the moment, being right after Christmas. No need for all the doom and gloom. I hope Hasbro continues with the TRU reissues - we haven't heard anything one way or the other, so who knows at this point? They obviously have to put some cooler figures in the line up though, just to spice things up.

As for Takara, they're always slow between reissues, but remember, we did just get Predaking, and Soundblaster and Blitzwing are on their way.

The Hasbro reissues are suffering from a variety of problems.

1. The prices are too high. The only reason why the originals fetched such a high price was because they were hard to find, now that they're everywhere nobody wants to pay that kind of money for them now.

2. Bad timing. People don't have as much money to spend right now, so why buy a $30+ 20 year old reissue when you can buy an original figure which has more play value for $10.

3. There are too many of them on the shelves. The more there are the more likely those interested in them are to wait until the price is lowered before they decide to buy them.

4. The fact that they are exclusive to TRU. If they were sold in a more high profile market like Walmarts and Targets then chances are more people would see them and it might trigger that nostalgic feeling resulting in more people buying them.

5. No marketing. They're just there. People who were transformers fans in the 80's that never go to a TRU, or know anything about collectors websites probably don't even know they exist and in a lot of cases have no way of finding out about them unless they happen to go into a TRU and accidentally run across them.

Bottom line is that the reissues could do well, they're just not reaching their target consumers and the prices on them are very unreasonable. If they fixed those two things, they'd probably be doing a whole lot better.

I'm not so sure the momentum is gone, but as madman said, there hasn't been a lot of marketing for Hasbro reissues....

I'm glad Takara is still doing the reissues, but to be honest, my TF interest is beginning to wane - the comics are gone at least for the foreseeable future and Takara is in financial trouble which could impact future reissues. Hasbro hasn't promoted anything nor announced new releases....

I'm glad we at least got Predaking and Soundblaster though :) I just hope we get some news on future reissues to spice things up...

Since I'm only a G-1 guy, I'm not really into BT's or Galaxy Force...

4. The fact that they are exclusive to TRU. If they were sold in a more high profile market like Walmarts and Targets then chances are more people would see them and it might trigger that nostalgic feeling resulting in more people buying them.

Yeah...there's no TRU around me for a a 2-hour drive, and I don't know my way around big cities. I'd love to have some Re-issues, if they were bloody around me. >_<

i didnt know takara was in trouble.

as some of you mentioned about having future release announcements, i think that was a big factor too. i remember back when it started we knew what the next 2-3 issues were gonna be, so there was always that "looking forward to" or anticipation of what was coming.

now its like "is there anything next"???

I think the interest for the reissues would pick up again, simply if Takara / Hasbro would create some buzz about them. Maybe have a fan vote for the next one, or simply release a list of the next few like they use to do last year.

If either company wants to continue the sales of this product, they need to do something creative.

Takara hasn't really been announcing anyway which are the next reissues until they are ready to release them. This probably means that as soon as they can they get the mold ready, use it, and send out as many figs as possible. Hasbro hasn't gave us any news since the announcement of Ricochet, so it bears the question of will the US reissues continue? I think that's where it stands right now.