Walmart Must Go!

matt74

#WTF#

I know that I am about to poke a hornets nest with this but what is up with walmart and their (lack) Joe selection? The local one has reset their modular and TMNT has 5 4 foot sections crammed full. Corp has a 4 foot section and there are 4 count them 4 pegs for Joes and no shelf space. Not to mention the corp stuff is on the clearance isles at about 1/2 off and then again on the regular shelf at full price. The exact same figure with new upc codes. I fail to understand, if you didn't sell the stuff the first time and it is clogging up your shelves why carry more of it?:wacko:

Walmart has now lost all of my toy money. And thankfully a new Target is being built about 15 miles away. That will cut drive time to target in more than 1/2 for me.

Is this the case for everybody at their walmarts or am I suffering alone a slow painful death of not having Joes locally?

MATT

Every once and awhile my local walmart will put out a case of the current wave, but most of the time, all they got out are a few of the 12 incers and VvV wave 1. Last time I was there however, it was nothing. Not a single Joe anywhere.

one by my work has reset and does have the newer waves of two packs, but no space for the comic packs or any vehicles. And they devoted about twice as much space to Corps! stuff even though its all in the clearance aisles.

Maybe they are putting a power play on Hasbro? "We'll show you how much profit you lose by us cutting back on Joes, and maybe then you will cave-in to our demands for lower cost per unit, gimmicks, repaints of the same main charactersevery wave, etc."

Maybe they are putting a power play on Hasbro? "We'll show you how much profit you lose by us cutting back on Joes, and maybe then you will cave-in to our demands for lower cost per unit, gimmicks, repaints of the same main charactersevery wave, etc."

They have cut down the space on Star Wars and Transformers too, maybe they are after Hasbro.

yup thats normal for walmart, mine too has crops ever where :angry:

Shouldn't they limit the "CROPS" to the produce section?!? @smilepunch@ Seriously though, the Walmarts here are doing the same thing...Mega TMNT, lots of Corps!, and 4 pegs for Joes. Call me confused.

@bats@

Actually if Wal Mart is indeed trying to stick it to Hasbro it is will only hurt Hasbro in short term. The just need to weather the storm and Wal Mart will be the one eventually suffering. Hasbro produces most of the top selling toys. So Wal Mart may hurt their inittials profits, but after a while everyone will stop going into Wal Mart for their toys. Hasbro will find more and different retailers to carry their number 1 selling products. The Kids that go to Wal Mart to buy this stuff will only find knock off brands and begin to assciate Wal Mart as a cheap generic store. All the While Target will reap the best rewards as for example when Joe Schmoe decides he needs to get some Laundry detergent he opts for Target over Wal Mart, here for just 4 cents more he can purchase his Detergent and possibly buy a pack or a whole wave of new Joes, where at Wal Mart he knows they only have Corps. Also it seems ,ore and more kids are becoming aware of Joe everyday, in the 80's my parents knew the difference between Joes and Knockoffs. The more kids that discover Joes the more aware parents become. So let Wal Mart keep trying to bully the manufactures soon Wal Mart will go the way of the Dinosaur.

I REALLY DONT SEE IT HURTING ANYONE BUT US!!!!!

Walmart will never be hurting ----------because they sell cheap stuff for cheap prices--------I THINK THATS WHY THEY TRY AND SELL SO MUCH CORPS CRAP---(some of the CORPS stuff is cool MOST IS CRAP)-----

THEY PROBABLY PAY ABOUT 40 CENTS FOR A CORPS FIGURE WHERAS THEY PROBABLY PAY ABOUT $3.00 FOR G.I. JOE 2 PACKS

HASBRO WILL JUST SEND IT TOO OTHER CHAINS EVENTUALLY--------

making THEM PRODUCE LESS!!!!!!

WITH THE ECONOMY BEING SHAKEY----LIKE IT IS

Most FAMILIES on a tight budget will go WALMART-------Little johnny wants toys TOO

so the parents arent going to drive the AVERAGE KID around town

lOOKING FOR THE NEW COMIC PACK----------

SO the kids gonna take what he can get,-----CORPS CRAP----(unless he is a kid like i was and throws a FREEK OUT TANTRUM--until i get my way)

I think by the time MY KIDS ARE MY AGE THOUGH----------

--------------EVERYTHING WILL BE OWNED BY WALMART-----------------

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOC

Doc has a valid point, Walmart commands just too much of a market share in too many things OTHER than toys.

Brandon, Walmart has created a crafty perception of being the lowest price (which I have found to be utter BS in everything in their store), and the masses (particularly the lower income families in the midwest), have basically been trained to go to Walmart (despite the fact Walmart has been increasingly in the 3 or fourth position of cheap places to buy stuff around here)

The result of this is that even if Hasbro completely pulls out of Walmart, as we've seen over the holidays, Walmart is more than willing to provide cheap no-name alternatives to everything Hasbro provides other than Star Wars. And unfortunately, most don't seem to care about GI Joe enough to differentiate between it and the Corps, especially at the significant difference in price.

The sad truth, Brandon, is that people will forever be enticed by those 4 cents off of detergent and Walmart isn't going anywhere for a while. And in the mean time, the toy makers and buyers will suffer.

Maybe they are putting a power play on Hasbro?  "We'll show you how much profit you lose by us cutting back on Joes, and maybe then you will cave-in to our demands for lower cost per unit, gimmicks, repaints of the same main charactersevery wave, etc."

They have cut down the space on Star Wars and Transformers too, maybe they are after Hasbro.

I think there may be some truth to this thought. Hasbro is playing with fire trying to keep TRU and KB going as most of us know. SO Walmart may be trying to fight back.

Most of teh Walmarts near me have about 4 pegs filled with Joes, and 3 pegs for comic packs.

SW section has grown all around me though. Animated pegs, POTC, and Unleashed.

Draven

I got comic packs 6,7,and 8 there, so I can't complain.

i can't complain either, walmarts here get more new joes and faster than any of the targets or toys r us's here. don't blame walmart, i think it's a regional thing.

I got comic packs 6,7,and 8 there, so I can't complain.

i can't complain either, walmarts here get more new joes and faster than any of the targets or toys r us's here. don't blame walmart, i think it's a regional thing.

Me either. Mine has gotten every wave so far. They will probably do another reset after Toyfair and make a bigger Joe section.

Trust me Wal MArt will be Like K Mart in 20 years, then like it will eventually fade away. Consumers are just disfranchised with Wal Mart. Wal Mart of course makes more money every year but it has slowly been losing ground. K Mart was very similar to Wal Mart in the 70 and 80s, history is repeating itself. Sam Walton always feared the rise of Target. Sams goal for selling although not written down, for obviou s reasons was "Give the woman what she wants", that was fine for when he started, he grew an empire his kids are killing t and once his grand kids get there they will destroy it. Sam feard Target because their store is more organized, has wider isles carry better quality merchandise (furniture, off brands, ect.). Also Much like K mart in the late eighties early ninties Wal Mart , at least in my region, has become the butt of more trailer trash jokes, and that image will slowly drive customers away, as they dont want to be associated with it. They will move to Target, and eventually the cycle will repeat itself. Now with Wal MArt it wont happen as fast as K Mart but it will happen. The trend will keep repeating it is the way consumers work, Alco and Gibsons to K Mart to Wal Mart to Target to who knows what upsart will take Targets place, probally a Super Family Dollar (who Knows). But Wal MArt will be strong for awhile but withinn 20 years it will be in K marts position.

It would be a BIG mistake for Wal Mart to cut back on Star Wars now. Every kid will want his lightsaber, General Grievious, Wookie, etc. I think that is how Hasbro can do the most damage to Wal Mart, cut back a little on Wally World in E3 and give more to TRU and KB and Target.

Walmart is the BIG EVIL or out times,I find alot of stuff there but WALMART is going to put alot of people out of buisness.

Only go to WALMART for toys now,and I try not to go at all,I would rather see Target do better,the whole cheaper thing at walmart its because more then half there staff is brain farting most of the time,hell the only time they smile is when they are outside on a smoke break,Oh and the older people who greet you they are always cool.But prices are not only the cheap thing,wages cheap,service cheap,store being clean not really.

Would love to see toyrus get back in the game and start getting product first I would pay more just GET THE STOCK IN,Iwould shop.

The only reason that there is a ton of TMNT in the new mods is because thats their main thing for the next couple of months......the last couple months it was transformers I believe before that it was Spidey 2 stuff....and Power Rangers I think? TMNT is flying off the shelves and was around X-mas time.....from a business standpoint it makes sense for them to do a large TMNT display. I don't hate Wal-mart at all.....for one I've pretty much found everything there. Even so I think you are having a distrubution problem at the most. Plus from what I've seen Joes are pretty much warming the pegs around here at the wal-marts by me....all except for one. Targets a different story but they haven't gotten anything new since the last Joe christmas sale.

Oh and TRU would have no problem competing with Wal-mart if they actually became a TOY STORE......I find stuff at Wal-mart like a month before I see it on TRU shelves.

Ok if you have a prob with your Wal-mart you can contact them on line. I have don this before yet I don't think it does any good unless it is don by more than one customer. You can contact them at this page below.

http://www.walmartstores.com/wmstore/wmsto...=OnlineForm.jsp

But its much more fuin to bash them. @lol@

Seriously though, TRU has gotten better around me. They seem to get ML in before anyone else and it seems to be the only place to find current Lord of the Rings figures. GI Joe is a problem however and Ive only been able to find the newest waves of 3-packs at Wal Mart first. Wally World seems to get these in f9irst for some reason here in Jacksonville despite the fact that they were being found in Target first in most states.