How Gi Joe Made My Godson Feel Better

nevermore

My nephew committed suicide on Monday and so we had the funeral today. Yesterday was the viewing. Knowing my Godson (his little brother) would need something to cheer him up I bought him a pack of GI Joes. He got so excited about them. He told me his brother (that died) had all of them and then he and his other brother ran around playing with them. I can honestly say GI Joe made my Godson (and a lot of others who took comfort in seeing him happy and playing) happy in a very bad time.

My nephew committed suicide on Monday and so we had the funeral today. Yesterday was the viewing. Knowing my Godson (his little brother) would need something to cheer him up I bought him a pack of GI Joes. He got so excited about them. He told me his brother (that died) had all of them and then he and his other brother ran around playing with them. I can honestly say GI Joe made my Godson (and a lot of others who took comfort in seeing him happy and playing) happy in a very bad time.

Sorry to here about your nephew

REFOCUSING ENERGY ---BAD OR GOOD ----is really a good way for someone young to get through a time like this

G I JOE IS REALLY A MIND EXPANDING TOY

My son who is only 3 didnt understand when my great aunt WHO MY WIFE AND I TOOK CARE OF ----passed

And only being 2 1/2 at the time made things easier for us but we still had to deal with his innocent questions

AND REFOCUSING HIS ENERGY AND OURS MADE THINGS EASIER FOR US ALL

PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU

DOC

Thank you all, your prayers are very much appreciated. He and I were really close and I was blessed to be a pallbearer. He was a groomsman in my wedding and I was a pallbearer in his funeral...doesnt seem right u know? Anyway, he is the one that really got me back into GI Joe. Theres only a 4 year age difference between us so we used to play with the RAH together a lot and he was an avid collector of the figs and comics up until his death. So GI Joe had special meaning for he and I. Thus it meant something at least on my part to try and pass that down to my Godson. This last Christmas I gave him a bunch of Joe stuff so he has the start of a nice little collection going. Anyway I am just rambling now. Thank you again.

:( That's awful nevermore. Not sure how I'd deal with a family members death, from their own suicide, as I've never (thankfully) had to deal with such an awful situation.

My Stepson is only 26 years old and i think he's had at least 2 different friends, who have killed themselves, and one other in question, as they thought he may have crashed his car on purpose after an argument with his girlfriend.

Sorry to hear about this tragic loss for you and your family, and how great that you were able to connect with the younger nephew and share a common interest with him.

Many prayers for you and your family tonight.

I am so sorry to hear about this buddy. I have had many deaths in my family and with other people that I know, such as friends of the family and stuff, and animals too. Actually it has almost been 20 deaths from 2003-2004. But none of them killed themselves, hopefully I will never have to go through this. I am very sorry and my prayers are definetely with you and your family.

Nevermore,sorry to hear of your loss and death no matter how it happens sucks.Times like this make you who you are.Bad times always make you stronger,and I am sure I speak for everyone you and your family will be in our prayers.

Nevermore...Im sorry to hear that you lost a great friend...I hope and that you, your godson and his family can recover from such a horrific tragety...

I had a friend kill himself this past summer..its so sad to see someone do this when there so young..my friend was just turned 27...

God bless!

thank you all for your continuing support. I truly appreciate it, I am just filled w/regret as he looked up to me and even lived w/me for like 6 months and I couldnt help him. I just keep thinking I shouldve called more or written more...I'm not blamming myself bc I dont think its my fault but I do regret not doing more...

I also know had he had internet access he wouldv'e been on here a lot as he was a big collector of Joes, TMNT, wrestling figs and comics...wish u all got to know him.

I am sorry to hear about all the loss u've all had to endure but it does feel good to know I have support and that I can overcome it. Sorry cant type more my son is in my arms (wheres he's been since monday lol). My wife and son are really helping get me through this

Nevermore,that is what you need right now bro friends and family,it is important to have both when times like this happen there are only a few people that can get in when we crash.

I had a friend with cancer and he was dying so he got drunk one night and ran his car into a brick wall,called me right before he did it,so I shoot over to see if I can do anything and noy even a half mile from his house I see his car and its on fire as I get closer the car is total engulfed in flames nothing I could do really tryed breaking the glass and the fire was just to strong well he did die and that really f@#$@! me up for a little while watching what happened.Never thought that I would be in that kind of thing but I was and I was his daughters godfather and taking her up to see him that the coffin that was the hardest thing I had ever done,but a 4 year said to me that day my daddy is getting the good sleep now and I will remember him with his pretty smile,man to hear that had me crying like a baby.

Any way turned to my family and close friends and realized it does not matter what you have cuz it can all go at anytime.

the enjoyment we get out of this hobby is awesome it also gives you somethung when everything else is crashing aroud you.Having really cool people to talk to on these boards is also sweet,everbody has got some story and those storys make you who you are and sharing those storys with people help you get on with LIFE,also buying more GIJOES on a get better buy that helps too,alot.

Prayers with you Bro,and hope you find some comfort here when the down times come,godbless.

Thank you Bekker I am sorry u had to go through that. I know what u mean about your Goddaughters reaction. Just about the same thing happened with my Godson. Its heartbreaking but u gotta keep going for them.

I do have some good news to report. In light of this tragedy my neice and nephew (his sister and brother) told their dad that they want to start going to Church and want to be saved. They just like their brother were very troubled and I was worried about them. My neice is the one that found him...still alive and was trying to hold him up. Hopefully they follow through and the Church can give them the hope in life that their brother did not have.

Things happen for a reason we dont always like the reason but there is one.

Keep your will high and you will overcome,we all have to,and bro thats why you got us , Vent away if you have to.

Support we all need that sometimes,all of us.