I Wonder If Hasbro Checks The Message Boards

Zanzibar

But yes, they are lurking, and they do pay attention.

I think so too!

I know (at least for myself) that MANY things to come out of Hasbro for the G.I.Joe line, over the last 3 years, has been things that either I've personally made posts about, that I thought would be cool, or something that I've seen many others here go on about, that they thought Hasbro "OUGHTA" do, to help kick the line into high gear. ^_^

Now this is by NO means, an attempt to suggest that the fans know what's best or should take credit for "helping" Hasbro run their Joe making business @lol@ but rather, that the fans have been asking for a lot of different things (myself included) and I totally believe that Hasbro has done a damn good job of at least ATTEMPTING to answer these requests, in however small a manner as they can.

So whether it's just coincidence or not, I think Hasbro has done a lot of great things in these past years, as far as TRYING to please everyone, whether or not they have success 100% of the time is irrelevant. I just know what I've seen, and it indicates to me that they're taking some of our feedback, and answering it.

More than you know.

I personally have forwarded links to some of the more interesting board topics up to the top, so that I can be sure they get seen.

Yeah and you can thank the afore mentioned head of the Transformer dept for that......

Not the Transformer Dept at hasbro, but a certain tformer site that was jealous that a Transformer Designer was posting on another site. so basically, one site killed it for all! #US1#

actually you are wrong. Hasbro's current policies in regards to posting on message boards had nothing to do with any actions of any transformers site. Might want to get your facts straight before going around saying stuff that you no nothing about. Also I would say its a safe bet that they do read the boards.

Might want to get your facts straight before going around saying stuff that you no nothing about.

Gee...there goes about 75% of all the forums posted material. @firedevil@

At the last Joecon when DePriest was dressed up as Cobra Commander for the game show skit,he posed for a picture with all us ADC/TNI members right afterwards.When he was signing Tom and I's exclusive Con three-packs,somehow the word "ADC" was mentioned...whether it was DDD asking where we were from or Tom asking him about it,but he immediately said "American Dream Comics huh?" and mentioned something about us being critical.We all laughed and I think MJS said that we were like that because we cared and DDD said he appreciated that a lot.

So yeah,they definitely lurk,they might have accounts,but we don't see who they are.I'm sure Hasbro loves getting their feedback from these sites.

Yeah and you can thank the afore mentioned head of the Transformer dept for that......

Not the Transformer Dept at hasbro, but a certain tformer site that was jealous that a Transformer Designer was posting on another site. so basically, one site killed it for all! #US1#

actually you are wrong. Hasbro's current policies in regards to posting on message boards had nothing to do with any actions of any transformers site. Might want to get your facts straight before going around saying stuff that you no nothing about. Also I would say its a safe bet that they do read the boards.

It was stated at the OTFCC by said poster that he was told by legal that due to some other sites complaining that they were losing traffic because of this poster. it has been stated time and time agian.

It was stated at the OTFCC by said poster that he was told by legal that due to some other sites complaining that they were losing traffic because of this poster. it has been stated time and time agian.

um I dont recall any such thing being stated at OTFCC, at least not by anyone from in any offical capacity, what I do recall was another TF board tring to make an accusation of what you are implying witch Hasbro denied in a statement. Hasbro made the decision that they wanted all information of that type released through their own offical transformers site and not through other boards. The whole thing were one TF board was tring to cast blame on another for these actions was total BS.

I think they read them they just dont listen to our plees.

But really the power is in there hands they make the toys they call the shots or do they.

We the consumer really have the power dont buy some of the stuff they come out with and we kill the line,buy everything so line will continue and do well and they will make what sells.

Gijoe is the flagship,they know it we know it,if there was some way to get fan base invovled that would be the key.Every new wave should have 2 fan choice figures,all new sclupts maybe have the protypes checked out here on boards like this before they produce them.Now that would be awesome.

I think that the fanbase is extremely IMPORTANT to them. Whether you like it or not, they probably read all of our posts, and think about them too. As for "orson" I think he should be allowed to post on messege boards but I aslo agree that official news needs to go on Transformers.com. With GI Joe, they need a new cartoon to sell the toys period. But as far as molds are going, I'm liking the way things are going.

We the consumer really have the power dont buy some of the stuff they come out with and we kill the line,buy everything so line will continue and do well and they will make what sells.

Well...as we have seen time and time again it's the retailers that have the power, not us. We communicate to Hasbro with sales indirectly thru them and like any middle man they usually put their own twists on things. Like if we don't like the Sandrazor....instead of Hasbro getting the message "The Sandrazor sucked" Wal-Mart get the message that the Bravos don't sell, and thus stops ordering them.

Gijoe is the flagship,they know it we know it,if there was some way to get fan base invovled that would be the key.

Well...I bet if you asked Hasbro what their flagship brand was at the momment, they'd say Transformers. Joe is a very popular and very good in house brand that needs to be expanded...but it just doesn't have the kinda sales and cross promotion that Transformers currently have.

um I dont recall any such thing being stated at OTFCC, at least not by anyone from in any offical capacity, what I do recall was another TF board tring to make an accusation of what you are implying witch Hasbro denied in a statement. Hasbro made the decision that they wanted all information of that type released through their own offical transformers site and not through other boards. The whole thing were one TF board was tring to cast blame on another for these actions was total BS.

As I remember it, Orson over at a certain site got in trouble for being associated with a site that had photos of "borrowed" pre-release stuff for sale in that site's store, and since Hasbro never ever gives away test shots or early-release production samples, they were furious. That certain site got mad and said "well other sites use pictures of test shots and production samples too!" and Hasbro cracked down on various sites for it. I remember this site being made to take down pre-release pictures of Unicron just because the arrogant Toyfare wanted bragging rights to "showing them first." Hasbro then began a crack-down on boards who show such pictures, but did nothing to the Ebay mercenaries trafficking Hasbro's stolen property, and still don't do anything to them. it was BS and a scapegoating of the wrong people.

.........at least that's how I remember it............

blue viper anyone?

....or the black VvV Snake Eyes in response to the complaints to the gray-and-purple one, or hell even the army-builder packs.

At the last Joecon when DePriest was dressed up as Cobra Commander for the game show skit,he posed for a picture with all us ADC/TNI members right afterwards.

somehow the word "ADC" was mentioned...whether it was DDD asking where we were from or Tom asking him about it,but he immediately said "American Dream Comics huh?" and mentioned something about us being critical.We all laughed and I think MJS said that we were like that because we cared and DDD said he appreciated that a lot.

So yeah,they definitely lurk,they might have accounts,but we don't see who they are.I'm sure Hasbro loves getting their feedback from these sites.

I think the thing that Hasbro peoples (at least those that read the forums) have to keep in mind, is that the collector community are HIGHLY imaginative and creative individuals for the most part, as that's likely the very thing that makes us collectors, of something like ACTION FIGURES, so analytical (or critical) to begin with.

We have a vast imagination of things we WANT to see, and we sometimes create our own in the form of customs and such, so it's likely that we're going to be disappointed with some things, that don't measure up EXACTLY to how we have been "daydreaming" about them, before Hasbro comes out with it.

Hell, I was this way thru the entire run of Joes thru the 80's and 90's. There were always somethings that didn't impress me much, and I didn't think was all that cool as some of the other stuff that I DID think was cool and awesome, and kept me in the "game". ^_^

We're definitely a demanding bunch of toy collectors, with lots of varying opinions of just exactly what it is that made G.I.Joe what it is for us. With some many characters, plots, stories, comic books and cartoons that went along with it, it wouldn't always be the same for all of us.

Portions of us get what we want, and others are either still waiting or still hoping.

WE get to express a little more of these different ideas here at TNI, because this isn't strictly a G.I.Joe site, and the webmaster isn't necessarily going to get all bent out of shape over some harsh criticizing of the new wave of toys coming out in the line, if they pop up. Not saying other sites forbid it, but usually there's a tighter atmosphere amongst the people running them.