Toyfare Magazine Subscription

Skips

Iam thinking of subscribing to Toyfare Magazine. My problem with it though is having to wait for 6-8 Weeks before my first issue arrives. So does that mean I'll get a duplicate issue? How does that work? What about dual covers? I guess there isn't much choice there... hmm... Is it worth it?

Honestly, I wouldn't bother - it's pretty expensive for us Canadians and it takes 6-8 weeks as you pointed out. I usually just check the shipping lists and just pick it up when it arrives at my comic store...

i've been a toyfare reader since before it was a regular magazine, when it was just a wizard special edition. i used to subscribe, but ever since the last time my subscription ran out i never renewed and i just pick it up every month in shops. you do save money subscribing, i've just been lazy to renew.

i guess there's plus the fact that i go to the philippines for three months every year, march through june since 1999. i pick it up while i'm there 'cause i still gotta get my toyfare fix, and if i was a subscriber i'd have three extra issues every year. plus if you're picky about which cover you get, then yeah you might lose out on the cover you would have prefered.

Iam thinking of subscribing to Toyfare Magazine. My problem with it though is having to wait for 6-8 Weeks before my first issue arrives. So does that mean I'll get a duplicate issue? How does that work? What about dual covers? I guess there isn't much choice there... hmm... Is it worth it?

my opinion?

save the cash and don't get this magazine.

You can read it for free at the comic book store or at borders/barnes and noble. I would only buy an issue when they have a good exclusive, which they haven't got in a good time by the way.

If you decide to get the magazine, it normally takes about a month in a half and then your subscription kicks in. For example, I got a Lee's magazine subscription in November, but my first issue was February.

If you do subscribe, I'd think you can buy the issue in the comic shop for the mean time. Once you get it in the mail, bring it to the shop and tell them the situation and they might take it back.

All in honesty? I would really subscribe to it since we can get all our toy news here. But it does feed those toy gazing fixes when you don't have a computer on hand.

I subscribe, I like it. They are often late though.

when i was a subscriber, i'd usually get it a few days earlier than shops. maybe it's different now, or depends on location. :huh:

I need something to read during one daily ritual.

yeah, i forgot to mention that toyfare is my favorite toilet reading. ^_^

I get it still anyways for some reason.

'cause it's pure entertainment, and you know it! :P

What are you subscribing to it for?

The pictures?

The articles??

You can get about 90-95% of that all on-line.

The only difference is its harder to take the computer into the bathroom to read what's on screen.

All in honesty? I would really subscribe to it since we can get all our toy news here. But it does feed those toy gazing fixes when you don't have a computer on hand.

That is EXACTLY why I buy Toyfare occasionally. I haven't lately, though, now that I get most of my info here. The Twisted Toyfare Theatre stuff is pretty funny, though. I loved the '80s supervillains Risk game...

Just get it. Its a good magazine and every time you get one in the mail its like Christmas time, you get to check out the new stuff before it comes out. Its really not all that much money and they where right, when you need a toy fix and you don't have any cash or cant get any ware it helps.

Forgot to add... I've got a subscription to ToyFare. Good to have in hard copy and don't have to go the bookstore each month to read/pick it up... comes in the mail = convenience. The Twisted Toyfare Theatre is pretty funny sometimes, the recent one with Blade was hilarious. And no you don't get to pick which cover you get, it's whatever they send you.

The thing is Lees doesn't have any of the funny article stuff. Sometimes its just fun to read for their humor on certain things. Most of the time I only pick it up to read twisted toyfare theater. I literally laughed my ass off when they followed daredevil for a day or whatever. Blind jokes are so evil yet soooo funny.

I don't have a subscription i just pick it up every month since i work at a comic store. I actually got printed in the letter columns in the latest issue. I'm the psycho letter of the month and I'm talking about COPS n' Crooks check it out.