My Thoughts On The New Combiners.

Starscream49

I bought these when they first came out and really liked them but I never put them in combiner mode. I think their bot mode is great. All 5 are kinda the same size. The big bot is bigger but not too much larger like the originals.

However I bought a second set and started to build the combiner for display as well and the one thing I didnt like was the width of the Aerialbots leg. WAY to fat. I cant see how the legs will look ok. Other than that, these are the best combiners ever. The stay together great, Everything is locked in place nicely, and they are articulated.

Very Nice.

Yeah the combiners are a lot of fun in spite of the minor flaws. I agree that Superion's legs are a bit too fat. There are a few poses that allow him to stand nicely though. But it is a real pain sometimes trying to get them just right without him doing the splits on you.

I hope they continue doing more gestalts in the cybertron line and hopefully they'll improve on them a little bit.

I'm still looking for them my self, I have yet to find the main combiners, or the 2nd release of there limbs :(

All I have so far are two C2's for buildtron for all the **** good that does me!

Here's a couple of Superion shots - I think he is awesome, myself:

Superion01.jpg

Superion03.jpg

And how can you say this guy looks tacky?

100_2274.jpg

100_2277.jpg

100_2278.jpg

I love G1 also, but you have to admit these Gestalts are head and shoulders above any combiners in G1.

THAT is what I'm gonna do with my Steamhammer - get four Sledges, call 'em drones, call the big guy Sledgehammer. :D

I've got Barricade and Steamhammer, and they're pretty darn cool on their own. :D Especially Barricade.

I don't care for "devestator's" head, but other than that, I LOVE the new combiners. I could explain why, but I doubt you care. And we still have Bruticus. Nice.

Man. I wish they could design these things right.

As soon as they give the combiners hands, let me know.

I am have a problem with mine also not displaying well. The legs on stormjet do adjust to well for possing. May end up keeping them apart.

The tab in front of Stormjets face looks stupid.

Four of the same limbs for Devastator?

Yup, and I say it looks awesome. :D

And I thought people hated the fact that two of the limbs are just repaints, but this is just redicilous XD

Take what you get and make due with it is what happened here. :D

I think the new combiners are great looking. The only thing I dislike is that they dont have hands. The claw thing is ok but whats that thing Superion has at the end of his right arm...it looks rediculous. Other than his deformed hand thingy, Superion is probably the best combiner as far as looks.

I think Bruticus looks the best overall, based both on combined mode and individual modes. There's not really a weak mold in the bunch, whereas Devastator (F that "Constructicon Maximus" garbage) has Duststorm looking funny and Superion has the arm aticulation issue and worst makeshift hands.