New Gf Pics And Remolded Armada Toys

Destro

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread65331.html

Most of them look really good to me..didn't see the remolded armada toys coming, though...apparently the heads have been remolded to reflect their g1 counterparts, which is pretty cool, imo, and about the only way I'd buy those molds again...

Hmmmm...I like the new heads. I might consider picking up the Blurr/Buzzsaw pack if it's cheap, but I still really don't feel compelled to buy these. The other GF figures look alright, though. I'm going to wait and see what the repaints look like, but I'm liking the overall design of most of them.

I really like this cause I skipped most of Armada as it was. I just wasn't that interested and was at a low point in my finances. Glad to have a second chance that's not Universe. @propeller@

-Sam

I really like this cause I skipped most of Armada as it was. I just wasn't that interested and was at a low point in my finances. Glad to have a second chance that's not Universe. @propeller@

-Sam

Yuo should really give universe swerve a chance if anything, hate glen, not the toys @firedevil@ @loll@

I look at the Armada repaints/remolds and I can't help but get a picture in my head of the people from Hasbro who make the decisions as far as transformers go, sitting around and discussing how they can make more money without having to spend as much on development.

Hasbro flunkie #1: "Hey, I know what we can do! Lets just repaint some old Armada figures and add them to the next line."

Hasbro flunkie #2: "But we've already done that. We can't keep reproducing the same figure over and over again."

Hasbro flunkie #3: "So when has that ever stopped us before?"

Hasbro flunkie #1: "Besides who would notice? All we need to do is give them a minor makeover and those dumb kids won't know the difference!"

Hasbro flunkie #2: "But won't the collectors kinda notice and get a little mad?"

Hasbro flunkie #1: "yeah, so! Whats your point? Those idiots will still buy them anyway!"

Hasbro flunkie #3: "Hmmm...more repaints, less cost....BRILLIANT!!!"

Hasbro flunkies all at once: "BRILLIANT!!!"

And THAT'S how we get yet another craptastic bunch of repaints from the good people of Hasbro! ENJOY!!!

I look at the Armada repaints/remolds and I can't help but get a picture in my head of the people from Hasbro who make the decisions as far as transformers go, sitting around and discussing how they can make more money without having to spend as much on development.

And THAT'S how we get yet another craptastic bunch of repaints from the good people of Hasbro! ENJOY!!!

And THAT'S how we get yet another round of pointless grousing by the fans. If this helps generate money for the more original molds, then I dont see the problem. And youd have to be naive to think repaints are ever going to go away. Why is this so hard to accept

Theres still PLENTY of new stuff coming out that you can choose to spend your money on instead. Youre hardly suffering or being mistreated by anyone at all.

At least they spent actual money for significant modifications and made cool character homages. And the paintjobs are distinctly different. Even the Armada Sidewipe looks tolerable. I wish they had released Runabout there with TFU Crystal Widow or Ultra Magnus. Some folks cant see the good side to anything.

And THAT'S how we get yet another round of pointless grousing by the fans. If this helps generate money for the more original molds, then I dont see the problem. And youd have to be naive to think repaints are ever going to go away. Why is this so hard to accept

Theres still PLENTY of new stuff coming out that you can choose to spend your money on instead. Youre hardly suffering or being mistreated by anyone at all.

At least they spent actual money for significant modifications and made cool character homages. And the paintjobs are distinctly different. Even the Armada Sidewipe looks tolerable. I wish they had released Runabout there with TFU Crystal Widow or Ultra Magnus. Some folks cant see the good side to anything.

As long as there are repaints, there will be griping by fans, and as long as there's griping by fans, there will be griping by Doc Evil. Everything comes full circle. @loll@

Otherwise, some of these are spiffy. Can't say I like the 'Force Chip' gimmick...if they were going to do that, they might as well have stuck with Mini-Cons, y'know?

I was just being sarcastic and making a joke about it, I really don't care.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have that much of a problem with a good repaint. However for some of these particular repaints this will be their 4th one already and the figures themselves aren't even all that old yet! On top of that, there are much better figures they could have repainted so why go back and do the ones that have already been done more than enough times? (Sideswipe and Cyclonus)

As long as there are repaints, there will be griping by fans, and as long as there's griping by fans, there will be griping by Doc Evil. Everything comes full circle. @loll@

Otherwise, some of these are spiffy. Can't say I like the 'Force Chip' gimmick...if they were going to do that, they might as well have stuck with Mini-Cons, y'know?

I sorta agree, we get some in this line at least though :) & VP comes with one woot! Minicons for the most part need a rest heh! I want to see at least one tf series with out them. Or with out them having a large part or even any roll at all... just thrown in as extras for fun @loll@

I like that Miniconsare till there for those who want them, but in a lesser capacity than Armada.

I have to agree. I love and will get the new GF ones, but I'm glad my wallet is hurting from these Armada/Micron remolds. They're sweet by the way. I can see Blurr being a hot toy, very similar too, if not more than, the Univrse bendy Magnus.

I like that Miniconsare till there for those who want them, but in a lesser capacity than Armada.

If they decide to do more exclusive 6-packs they damn sure better use vastly different colors than the original issues.

Transparent and glow in the dark ones might be cool.