Single Packs ...... Wave 3!

Jase

It seems like a lot of people are throwing these on ebay x2, x3 the original price.

Do the dollar generals have to order them or do they just shipments.

Will there be enough around?

You should realize that these single packs are not just sold at dollar stores like Dollar General and Family Dollar. They aren't exclusives or ultra rare, but getting them for $2.00 each may prove difficult. The dollar stores have them at the cheapest price, but they are also available at drug stores like CVS and other department stores such as Boscov's for $3.99 each. Online stores that carry them have them in that price range or higher as well. Pricing on Ebay just reflects those higher up front costs, and $4-$6 each seems realistic and fair, given the demand - especially for the army builders. If you have trouble finding them at the dollar stores, you might want to check some of these other sources - just don't expect them to be at dollar store discount prices.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking thecamyth has returned yet again? ^_^

I'm thinking thecamyth has returned yet again?  ^_^

Greetings all! Guess I should have introduced myself before I just jumped in. Couldn't resist though.

If you mean me I might be camyth... no, I'm not that guy, but my name is inspired from all the recent ramblings, his rants included. I'm an army builder and toy customizer and I'm probably considered the scourge of my area by the other collectors in the region. I'm not camping out in front of strores at 5 am or drop kicking eight year olds or anything, but I buy what I want/need when I find it, in whatever quantitites I see fit. To some that'd make me a dirty, stinking, selfish, foul "hoarder". Kinda makes me laugh, like I'm a super-villain or something. Hmmmm....

The thing is, I look at collecting and customizing as an art, and to make art you need materials. To me, toys (lots of different kinds not just Joes) are like paint and brushes to a painter. I buy them and use them. I don't see toys as collectibles or rare commodities, just resources for enjoyment and creativity. When I buy epoxy, exacto blades, paint, or sculpey, I don't worry about "leaving some for the other guy" or if my purchase is going to impact the local availability of these highly precious and sought after collectibles - cause they're not collectibles, they're materials. So are toys. I also don't cry if one store is out of the materials I need. I just go to another store and find them. Same for toys.

Anyway, late night manifesto aside, I love the single packs and use them for a lot of my work. I've bought a LOT of them and probably ruined a few other folks' toy hunt in the process. They're a great way to get exactly the parts you need without being stuck with some other less useful figure. I chop em up and use them for customs - even peg wamrers like Alpine, Stalker, and Duke, which I'm sure nobody's missing. I've seen the singles on Ebay and at other stores and sometimes paid the $4+ price for them when that's what I've needed. I don't think that's too much to pay for a figure I can use, which is why I responded before.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

Anyway, I just saw on another board that the single packs are turning up at Meijer stores now too. They're out there if you hunt them down, but paying 4 bucks a piece or so on Ebay might save you some time and travel.

Wave 2 eventually got a lot more common but with the hiatus I am not sure wave 3 ever will. :(

Draven

It's hard to say. The last round of comic packs seem to be out in much larger numbers than I expected. I just hope that everybody that's looking for Wave 3 of the single packs can find them.

Jase

@bats@

Greetings all! Guess I should have introduced myself before I just jumped in. Couldn't resist though.

If you mean me I might be camyth... no, I'm not that guy, but my name is inspired from all the recent ramblings, his rants included. I'm an army builder and toy customizer and I'm probably considered the scourge of my area by the other collectors in the region. I'm not camping out in front of strores at 5 am or drop kicking eight year olds or anything, but I buy what I want/need when I find it, in whatever quantitites I see fit. To some that'd make me a dirty, stinking, selfish, foul "hoarder". Kinda makes me laugh, like I'm a super-villain or something. Hmmmm....

The thing is, I look at collecting and customizing as an art, and to make art you need materials. To me, toys (lots of different kinds not just Joes) are like paint and brushes to a painter. I buy them and use them. I don't see toys as collectibles or rare commodities, just resources for enjoyment and creativity. When I buy epoxy, exacto blades, paint, or sculpey, I don't worry about "leaving some for the other guy" or if my purchase is going to impact the local availability of these highly precious and sought after collectibles - cause they're not collectibles, they're materials. So are toys. I also don't cry if one store is out of the materials I need. I just go to another store and find them. Same for toys.

Anyway, late night manifesto aside, I love the single packs and use them for a lot of my work. I've bought a LOT of them and probably ruined a few other folks' toy hunt in the process. They're a great way to get exactly the parts you need without being stuck with some other less useful figure. I chop em up and use them for customs - even peg wamrers like Alpine, Stalker, and Duke, which I'm sure nobody's missing. I've seen the singles on Ebay and at other stores and sometimes paid the $4+ price for them when that's what I've needed. I don't think that's too much to pay for a figure I can use, which is why I responded before.

I like your story so far! :)

You're already singing music to my ears! icon13.gif

I like your story so far! :)

You're already singing music to my ears! icon13.gif

Of course you would Viper Hoarder! @smilepunch@

Draven

I have noticed that too Jase. We shall see.

Draven

When I was at Walmart tonight (the one where I found the Venom Chamber), I noticed 3 cases of the new comic packs on the pallet. So they are hitting in larger quantities....hopefully the Wv3 Single Packs will as well. I think that Family Dollar will stock them more often since they are running them in their sales ad.

Jase

=w=

Of course you would Viper Hoarder! @smilepunch@

Draven

A hoard the Vipers..I SHALL! ^_^ At least 8-12 of'em!

Of course you would Viper Hoarder!  @smilepunch@ 

Draven

A hoard the Vipers..I SHALL! ^_^ At least 8-12 of'em!

I would expect nothing less from the original Viper Hunter! You have been around that long methinks ;)

@loll@

Draven

Glad there's at least one other person here who is unabashedly an army builder.

I can now confirm firsthand that these packs are showing up at some Dollar General stores. I found 2 cases per store at all the Dollar Generals in one nearby city. The DG's in other nearby towns didn't have any however, and have never had any single packs as far as I know. Very strange distribution, if you ask me.

Also strange was that after I pretty much cleaned out these stores, more than one clerk specifically thanked me. Not the general "have a nice day" routine, but actually saying they appreciated the big purchases and asked me if I wanted more of the other non-Joe army toys. One said she was glad to see them go so she wouldn't have to move them around the store anymore. She also invited me back if/when they re-stock. Maybe they were just more friendly because my wife was there, but they all seemed sincerely grateful for the business.

Maybe there's something in that for all the army building haters to think about...

Anyway, fun times were had by all.

Draven

I think a mod needs to change his name. @smilepunch@

They do....and I'll punch'em in the nose!

sport053.gif

@lol@

Wave 2 eventually got a lot more common but with the hiatus I am not sure wave 3 ever will. :(

Draven

It's hard to say. The last round of comic packs seem to be out in much larger numbers than I expected. I just hope that everybody that's looking for Wave 3 of the single packs can find them.

Jase

@bats@

I went to 3 FD stores today and kept finding wave 2. I picked up Beach Head.

dk

Draven

I think a mod needs to change his name. @smilepunch@

They do....and I'll punch'em in the nose!

sport053.gif

@lol@

Yeah but with a little grilly frame like that you would not do to much damage. @smilepunch@

Draven

No hurries man. I just need 1 more TV. Not like I don't already have one to..........thanks to you anyway! :)

Draven

I on the other hand don't have any....so HOP TOO! j/k

I kid.....I kid. Just do what you can...if you can't find them no whoop. I'll find them someday someway..... Even If I have to threaten the manger of the Family Dollar to get it.....Ummmmmmm you guys didn't hear that.

:: Splits ::

No hurries man. I just need 1 more TV. Not like I don't already have one to..........thanks to you anyway! :)

Draven

I on the other hand don't have any....so HOP TOO! j/k

I kid.....I kid. Just do what you can...if you can't find them no whoop. I'll find them someday someway..... Even If I have to threaten the manger of the Family Dollar to get it.....Ummmmmmm you guys didn't hear that.

:: Splits ::

@lol@

Draven

Guest A-MAN

Goods news, single packs are at Meijers, $2.49 each, in 36 figure displays.

Bad news, somebody beat me to them and left a few Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadows, Kamakura and one Stalker. I hadn't been there in a week, so that's probably after less than one week's time. So either a few fans were super greedy, or single packs DO sell to the public. (I have a hard time believing that the Dustys, Aces and Stalkers were all collector purchased, unless they were some comic book store hoarder type.

Good news, I didn't spend any money.

Bad news, Hasbro (and retailers) won't learn that anything and the idea of keeping cheap joes around on single cards will end along with everything else. Because stupid SOB's are living in fantasyland where they expect a toy boom not seen since the early power ranger era, rather than marketing what sells.