Single Packs ...... Wave 3!

Jase

They've been getting better about the Weapons. The BAT came with both his hands and both his guns and the backpack he orginally came with, Just missing the sword...and I would have rather had the BAT 3.2 Backpack that they have been packing with Troop building Bats, but all in all not bad.

The Alley Viper came with what is quickly becomeing my Standard issue Cobra gun, a Backpack and pistol...It really only needs it's knife for the sheath, althought I must admit that was a mistake not throwing that in there. True I would have much rather had a backpack, the Knife, the Cobra Shield, and the gun...but it's not that bad. And I would make the arguement that the stuff that came with the Sand Scorpian(Desert Cobra CLAWS) are better then what came with the two pack version. And the new Tele-Viper comes with his backpack, Walkie Talkie, and Silenced pistol. That's pretty good.

And the Cobra CLAWS, IG and Neo-Viper from wave 1 are almost almost exactly the same as their two pack versions.

So it's possiable to have a straight up release of a figure with decent weapons, but don't get your hopes up of that happening. That way if it does you'll be happy, and if it doesn't you won't be let down.

You ARE right on all counts there. Which was why I made sure to add the "For the most part" bit. But the exceptions have been pretty few. Even Cobra Commander was a slightly different shade of blue.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had the chance to go to family dollar yet, but I will be heading there sometime on Wednesday. I have a question that is kinda off topic, but are there any 2002 RAH(such as Viper/Mirage) or non o-ring figures left at your family dollar?

Mine certainly won't, it just opened barely a year ago, and after all the Christmases, I highly doubt anystore is going to have anything that old.

Okay so I hit a few more FDs today and even the ones that weren't previously carrying the single packs now had some leftovers of wave three. They said they're selling like crazy and KIDS are buying them because they're only two dollars. (Well she said one dollar but we know what she meant.)

I also decided to swing by a CVS to see if there were any of wave one hanging around cause I still needed Stalker. When I got there the employee that I asked showed me where they were in the regular aisle and I was surprised to see they were no longer sticking to the "3 at a time" on these. There were about six on the peg and as I was going through those he pointed me at the aisle end-cap where there were a mix of all three waves hanging there.

The single packs are still double there than what they are at FD but they had way more. He told me that they had also sold a bunch and that the GIJoes were taking up the whole end-cap the day before where as now half of it was filled with cap gun accessories.

So all and all it's looking up for these single packs.

And by the way I did find the Stalker figure and I bought the one that had his package half ripped open but not missing anything. I guess someone got scared halfway through their operation... But I figured I'd take this one to help the line keep selling.

@propeller@ - Sam

I found some of the wave three today (Family Dollar in Upper Michigan). There is also a Tele Viper repaint darker than ST version, another repaint of Alpine, and an all black (no paint) VvV Snake-Eyes. So if they are out now this far in the middle of nowhere, they must be all over the Family Dollars.

Neckbone where'd you go!? I PMed you about the Alpine figure but still haven't heard anything back.

Well if anyone else has picked up this new Alpine figure from wave three can you tell me what's different about him from the wave 2 Alpine? I'd like to know what I'm looking for. Or if someone could post some comparism pics...

thanks!

@propeller@ - Sam

I haven't had the chance to go to family dollar yet, but I will be heading there sometime on Wednesday. I have a question that is kinda off topic, but are there any 2002 RAH(such as Viper/Mirage) or non o-ring figures left at your family dollar?

The only thing other then wave 2 Single packs that mine has are 2 of the GI Joe keychain figures. The Action Pilot and Action Sailor. Along with one Skysweeper Jet.

Another one I go to has wave 2 again (nothing good though....just HD, Scarletts, and Dukes) and one wave 1 Duke vs Cobra Commander.

I also decided to swing by a CVS to see if there were any of wave one hanging around cause I still needed Stalker. When I got there the employee that I asked showed me where they were in the regular aisle and I was surprised to see they were no longer sticking to the "3 at a time" on these. There were about six on the peg and as I was going through those he pointed me at the aisle end-cap where there were a mix of all three waves hanging there.

Yea, I was at CVS on friday and they had about 15 figures on "1" hook. I was really suprised to see that many at one time there.

Still nothing.....Im starting to get pretty agrivated. I've been to these two FD like 6 times in the last 2 weeks and still nothing. Same old, same old. I'd call ahead, but the likely hood of them knowing what i was talking about is very slim.

Still nothing.....Im starting to get pretty agrivated. I've been to these two FD like 6 times in the last 2 weeks and still nothing. Same old, same old. I'd call ahead, but the likely hood of them knowing what i was talking about is very slim.

Eh, around here you get used to it.

Last chance to stockpile your Nightcreeper and Sandviper armies boys and girls.

Usualy they get their trucks in on a certain day. And sometimes it takes a day or two to get it all situated. Try finding out what those days are. Usually its Thursday or Friday