My Gi Joe Custom (non)entry

JoeRhyno

Here's some pics of the figure I made for my custom contest. I decided not to enter him, but People wanted to see the pics anyway, so heeeeeeeeere ya go :)

Joe_HnR.jpgJoe_HnR2.jpgJoe_HnR3.jpgJoe_HnR4.jpg

I know the color of the turtleneck looks real bright(actually, after looking at all the pics, all the colors look bright), but it's cause the Flash, I still want to do a little more DryBrushing and some wash to the turtleneck to make the groves stand out a bit more, but Hopwfully you get the Idea.

I dont know if anyone remembers my post awhile back with the LBC greenshirts I made:

LBCjoes4_1.jpg

LBCjoes4_2.jpg

LBCjoes3_1.jpg

Well, this is where I got the idea for Him. I wanted to make a bunch of custom Infantry Joes, all using the same(or close to the same) body parts, so that's why I chose the CrossHair body for Hit & Run. I'm still working on a camo'd CrossHair, Footloose, Recondo and Grunt, and I'm sure I'll add more guys to the team, but they're all gonna use the CrossHair torso at least(with different mods to make it look a little different).

Here's a break down of the parts list:

Head: Dart Modified

Torso:CrossHair(sculpted Turtleneck)

Upper Arms & elbows: Crosshair

Elbowpads: Snake Eyes

Lower Arms & Hands: Barrel Roll

Crotch: Sgt. Hacker

Upper Legs: Dart

Lower Legs: Duke

Let me know whacha think?

-Joe

Joe- I dig it. I really like the woodland camo you did, and the double rolled up sleeve. That's something I hadn't seen yet. The undershirt colors look fine, so don't sweat it. I also like the added posability that you were able to work in, always a bonus as are the molded in elbows pads. The only thing I'm not 100% on is the helmet, but it does have potential. I'll do a rough mockup of what I mean for ya' in a day or two. Nicew work on the shirt mods, BTW. Thumbs up!

WOW! Your Greenshirts look amazing man! Some of the choices for head molds looks great this way, the Zartan in particular and Gung-Ho also looks cool on the body mold.

I love the woodland camo paint job you did, but the Dart head seems small and the painted flesh (like Hit-and-Run) seems like it might be too much along with it.....sorta clashes I guess.

Nice customs man! I love the woodland camo... Yeah, Hit 'n' Run looks a bit bright, but like you said - dry brushing or washes do wonders.

It's too bad you couldn't use a different chest piece for these guys though. The fact that the jacket is way too short would bug the hell out of me. That would be my only negative comment about these figs.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about the head too, I want to dremel the rest of the hair off, or maybe just use a new head all together...cant wait to see what you cook up Al :)

DP... one of the other guys I'm gonna do with that torso, I'm gonna try to extend the jacket all the way down to the crotch, and another I want to try to make the jacket closed... we'll see how they turn out.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Joe

Thanks Darven and CB :)

Oh, and I didn't remove it, I painted over it, actually, he IS Zartan in Disguise, the other half of his face still has the black on it, and the side you see(though you cant see it in the pic) he's winking... I gave him an AK-47 and a Bow to see if anyone would catch on :)

I think I posted it before but here's a close up:

LBCjoesZ.jpg