So Which Devastator Sixbuilder Looks Better?

Mr. X

Quality sure does cost money. :D Takara's chase version would be great to have, but from my perspective, the price comparison is too great. I read on some board that the Hasbro version was selling for $1 each piece in Sears so you figure:

Hasbro = $6-$15 Complete Set

Takara Chase = $35-$60 (And that $35 was the possibility I turned down. @loll@ )

Another note: Hasbro's version definitely has more detail than the Takara version and not to mention the Hasbro version has 6 completely different figures where as Takara's version has 2 figures that look almost identical. That cheeses it. #yuk@# Hasbro it is! @smilepunch@

Well I went with Hasbro because they have painted faces and the Takara ones are all green. The hasbro version has a lot more paint than Takaras. But I do think the Takara green ones are chase figs of the normal Sixbuilder.

Yeah, you're right. With the little added touch up painting, they do look more detailed in robot and vehicle modes. Hasbro it is then. Score another one for Hasbro. They beat Takara when it came to Energon Galvatron and now this.

Another note: Hasbro's version definitely has more detail than the Takara version and not to mention the Hasbro version has 6 completely different figures where as Takara's version has 2 figures that look almost identical. That cheeses it. #yuk@# Hasbro it is! @smilepunch@

They both have the same six figures, who are all different. The two "arms" are very similar but not the same.

Worthy of note: EVERYTHING on the Hasbro one is painted. Nearly the entire toy is made of green plastic (save a couple of the black bits and a couple of the connecting pieces. even the head is green), so everything not green is painted on. This proved to be a problem with the crane/left arm, because the paint jammed it shut on mine, and when I finally forced it open it scraped half the purple paint off his arm

I recommend the Hasbro version because of the ease of getting a complete set and the nice paint job. The Takara version is rather nice, but it'll take too much and money to get a full set.

The Takara version rocked when it first debuted since the regular Sixbuilder was multi-colored, but as time porgressed, Hasbro released a better version, regardless of rarity.

I have a full Hasbro set and some of the chases.

really?

i checked the other day and they had 4 figures that were available. I guess folks are after 'em, eh?

Just checked.

Buckethead and Quickmix are the ones that ran out of stock, at least online. Might have to head to my local Kaybee to see if I can pick them all up instead.