Hawkman & Green Arrow

AFC34

Well, Hawkman & Green Arrow have both already been made; in fact they were two of the first figures DC Direct made.

http://www.joeacevedo.com/images/figurezon...dgreenarrow.jpg

http://www.joeacevedo.com/images/figurezon...dgreenarrow.jpg

The new DC Direct Alex Ross series will most certainly have new versions of both Hawkman & Green Arrow in it; I bet we see these at the 2005 Toy Fair next month.

Maybe he means redone as part of the DCD "JLA series"

Wave 1 - Supes, Wondy, FLash, GL, Aquaman

Wave 2 - Elongated Man, Atom, FIrestorm, Adam Strange

So why not a 3rd JLA wave with a new Green Arrow and Hawkman? Who else would we need? Maybe Zatanna, Martian Manhunter, and Metamorpho?

I thought of Batman and Black Canary, but we know they are coming in the Alex Ross line and that would make the two assorments overlap too much.

Guest Ravage

Well there since there's already Hawkman and Green Arrow figures released, and DCD has yet to ever re-release a figure from a 2-pack as a single card, I doubt we'll see new sculpts. New sculpts would be nice though. I'm hoping to see a Modern Age Green Arrow in the Green Lantern: Rebirth series, if they make a second wave that is.

Guest Ravage
Maybe he means redone as part of the DCD "JLA series"

Wave 1 - Supes, Wondy, FLash, GL, Aquaman

Wave 2 - Elongated Man, Atom, FIrestorm, Adam Strange

So why not a 3rd JLA wave with a new Green Arrow and Hawkman? Who else would we need? Maybe Zatanna, Martian Manhunter, and Metamorpho?

I thought of Batman and Black Canary, but we know they are coming in the Alex Ross line and that would make the two assorments overlap too much.

Wouldn't count on Metamorpho, J'onn, or Zatanna uless she's in a Perez-style blue costume. We've already seen them done, one of them twice.

Thanks alot. I remember seeing that now, and its great looking but I hope they put out a more updated one. Base it on Rags Morale (or whatever his name is, the guy who drew Hawkmans series and IC) That would be a dream figure of mine.

You can still order Green Arrow from dc direct, he is a great figure.

I hope they do a ID CRISIS with a new Modern Age Hawkman.

As far as a new JLA wave, I'd like to see that saved for people like booster gold and captain atom.

Maybe ross will have a hawkman figure

Let me respond to two ideas at once here:

1. they've already done that.

2. we don't need another one.

These both ignore the fact that DC Direct has done multiple versions of characters and continues to do so. And not just Superman/ Batman/ Flash/ WonderWoman/ Green Lantern.

We have a 3rd Cheetah and 3rd Sinestro on their way. A third Black Canary has just been announced. Both of the above comments apply to these. We have Silver Age and Modern Green Arrow. We have Hawkman from the original JSA of the 40's and the JLA of the 70's by switching masks, First Appearance, and Kingdom Come.

I will agree it is more likely we will see GA and Hawky as Alex Ross figures than as the JLA line.

As for J'onn, Zatanna, and Metamorpho, they were merely suggestions to complete a theoretical wave. I know they have been done. JLA wave 2's job was to complete the Silver Age/ Satellite Era JLA. J'onn IS considered by many to be the heart of the JLA, so a version in a line dedicated to that team seems logical. Many would like to see Zatanna in her Perez outfit. And Metamorpho was only available as a deluxe boxed figure with extra accessories that pushed his cost way out of line with the rest of DC Direct. A cost effective version might be welcomed.

I'd imagine both will be part of JLA series at some point. I hope both are part of Alex Ross' JLA series.

DC is finally learning that their figures were not that great up until they made their Superman line (some of which are still not that greatly designed), so now with great lines like Dark Knight Returns, Hush, Alex Ross and their JLA line which have much more movement and more detail. Thus we're getting a lot of characters that have been made before, that are getting new figures.

I'd actually like to see both Green Arrow and Hawkman made again as the new ones would have more movement then the previous ones.

DC is finally learning that their figures were not that great up until they made their Superman line

I'd have to disagree there - Silver Age Batman & Robin, Blue Beetle, Uncle Sam, Martian Manhunter, Power Girl, Solomon Grundy, Captain Cold, Green Lantern Alan Scott, Cyborg, Phantom Stranger, Green Lantern Guy Gardner, Swamp Thing...these are all great figures that came out before the Superman line.

But I do agree that the recent lines are getting better all the time!

I'd have to disagree there - Silver Age Batman & Robin, Blue Beetle, Uncle Sam, Martian Manhunter, Power Girl, Solomon Grundy, Captain Cold, Green Lantern Alan Scott, Cyborg, Phantom Stranger, Green Lantern Guy Gardner, Swamp Thing...these are all great figures that came out before the Superman line.

I admit that it's cool to have those characters, but for instanance, I have Martian Manhunter and he looks very cool, however you can't pose him in any other positions. His cape doesn't move and his arms have no joints. He can't do anything besides stand there and look cool, which I except more of from an action figure. Guy Gardner had a bit more movement, but not much.

Well, DC Direct figures are meant to just stand there and look pretty. This line just wasn't meant for "action" poses. Myself, I happen to really like the plain poses, but trying to make a figure like Blue Beetle do anything but stand there is impossible. But they are really nice figures, it just depends on your own idea of the "action figure".

Many complain that DC Direct figures are nothing but nice-looking statues, but they have the same articulation as Super Powers, and those are considered to be one of the best lines ever made. Go figure.

Well, DC Direct figures are meant to just stand there and look pretty. This line just wasn't meant for "action" poses. Myself, I happen to really like the plain poses, but trying to make a figure like Blue Beetle do anything but stand there is impossible. But they are really nice figures, it just depends on your own idea of the "action figure".

Many complain that DC Direct figures are nothing but nice-looking statues, but they have the same articulation as Super Powers, and those are considered to be one of the best lines ever made. Go figure.

It because people are getting spoiled with Marvel Legends. I think DC Direct has enough articulation, now McFarlane, those are mini statues. He should even be allowed to call them action figures.

There was a poster on the D.C. Direct message boards with a loose G.A. for sale earlier today. They did a reissue of him a year or so ago. So he can still be ordered threw your comic shop retailer. The Hawkman and Hawkgirl deluxe set is "freaking" outrageously priced. IF you can find it at all.

The "Hard Traveling Hero's" Ollie is a bit to pre posed for me. So I'd get a decent resculpt IF they did it. Seriously want a M.A. Hawkman and Hawkgirl - preferably based on Rags Morales art on the series. As much as I like Alex Ross's art and the figures based on it. I have doupts about his J.L.A. figures being any better articulated than the Kingdom Come were. The articulation on some of the earlier D.C.D.'s - especially the females - was horrid. They are getting better, but we're still getting the occasional W.T.f.??? out of them. The Dark Knight Returns Carrie Kelly Robin is a prime example of that. I'm hoping they do a J.L.A. wave 3 with Booster Gold, Perez era Zatanna, Captian Atom and a Peter David hook handed Aquaman. Just so all the collectors out there - including me can finally quit begging for them.