Superman Burial Poster

AFC34

Does anyone know Superman burial poster?

It shows Batman, Robin, Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman carrying Superman´s coffin, and behind that, many DC Comics characters. It´s amzing scenary. Everybody is wearing a black mournig strap with Superman´s logo on the right arm. Sad faces, dark shadows.

I found one of that, its condition is good. Where I can find a new one?

I bought one years ago at a poster/print store in the mall. I don't know where it is right now as it's probably burried in one of the many closets. But I'd say ebay is probably your best bet. Or you might try some Online comic shops, but which stores to try I wouldn't know.

PJ

This was a cool poster, my problem with the poster is it shows Darkseid and Lobo in the crowd wearing the black arm band. Now I know they put them in there to make it a more powerful picture saying "Look his death is so powerful even his enemies mourn" but come on, IT'S DARKSEID AND LOBO! They've tried killing Supers tons of times.

Darkseid I can see. He has respect for his adversaries. Lobo on the other hand really wouldn't give a damn.

I can see Darkseid showing respect for his fallen adversarie, BUT I don't see him showing up to his funeral and wearing his black arm band. And I agree with everyone else that when I saw Dr. Doom shed a tear in that comic I almost put it down. I won't even get into why Doom wouldn't shed a tear for anything but the fact that they had him do it when it was an attack on us. He would even show up, nor would Magneto, he'd probaly be all for since alot of humans died. I guess maybe some mutants would have been in there but that Doom thing this crazy.

Thats a nice poster!.

Darkseid I can see.  He has respect for his adversaries.  Lobo on the other hand really wouldn't give a damn.

I can see Darkseid showing respect for his fallen adversarie, BUT I don't see him showing up to his funeral and wearing his black arm band. And I agree with everyone else that when I saw Dr. Doom shed a tear in that comic I almost put it down. I won't even get into why Doom wouldn't shed a tear for anything but the fact that they had him do it when it was an attack on us. He would even show up, nor would Magneto, he'd probaly be all for since alot of humans died. I guess maybe some mutants would have been in there but that Doom thing this crazy.

Maybe Lobo was there for the food at the reception?

Nice poster though, never seen it before.

Did you guys ever see the alternate retailer-version of this poster? DC couldn't use Bat-characters on it, so Robin was replaced with Changeling and Batman was replaced with...somebody lame. Crap, I can't remember. I'll have to go dig it up at home...

That whole poster bothered me - the layout was obvious DC marketing instead of being true to the story...why would Robin help carry the casket? Or even Batman, out in the open for everyone to witness? The JSA forgotten in the back, J'onn J'onzz just stuck in somewhere. Valor right smack in the middle. Why would he care, along with the L.E.G.I.O.N. crew? It's just dumb marketing at work IMO.

This is the one that came in the comic. The person that always threw me off being there was Azrael. I don't know why but it did. I think they just threw in all those characters as a tribute and nothing else like Sandman.

DSCF0042.jpg

I dont think you guys realize. You're all reading into it WAY too much. It's not about heroes and villains being at Superman's Funeral. The poster is meant to represent the characters paying their respect to the hero who was so important, none of them would even exist if he wasnt created.

I dont think you guys realize. You're all reading into it WAY too much. It's not about heroes and villains being at Superman's Funeral. The poster is meant to represent the characters paying their respect to the hero who was so important, none of them would even exist if he wasnt created.

I understand that, thats why the only problem I have with it is Darkseid and Lobo. I know their trying to show just how big and meaningfull his death was but come on. Why not have Joker and Two Face visit Batman in the hospital after Bane broke his back?

I understand that, thats why the only problem I have with it is Darkseid and Lobo. I know their trying to show just how big and meaningfull his death was but come on. Why not have Joker and Two Face visit Batman in the hospital after Bane broke his back?

Because batman was unmasked and healing at Wayne Manor

Because batman was unmasked and healing at Wayne Manor

I know, it was joke. I was just saying it would be like the same thing.

Superman met Swamp Thing during Crisis and I think even afterwards still during Alan Moore's run. Also this was pre-Vertigo, right? So Neil's Sandman could have still been considered possibly being part of the DC Universe.

'but the point's been made, Superman was an Icon, it was to show everyone would mourn his falling as an industry, not as continuity.

Superman met Swamp Thing during Crisis and I think even afterwards still during Alan Moore's run. Also this was pre-Vertigo, right? So Neil's Sandman could have still been considered possibly being part of the DC Universe.

'but the point's been made, Superman was an Icon, it was to show everyone would mourn his falling as an industry, not as continuity.

Thank you. I'm glad to see someone got it.

As for Swamp Thing and Sandman, they still made crossovers into the DC Universe, even when they were Vertigo. Swamp Thing was making appearances in the Peter David Aquaman book. Also, you have to remember, Swamp Thing is one of DCs Elementals. He's the protector of the Green, like Animal Man is the protector of the Red.

Some of the other Elementals are: Firestorm (fire), Killer Frost (ice), Temepest (water), Red Tornado (air), and Geo-Force (earth).

As for Sandman, he's made many appearances in the DCU, not to mention Batman guest starred early on in Sandman's Vertigo book. Also, Morpheus was the one who was putting the dreams and nightmares in Wesley Dodds head, compelling him to fight crime as the GA Sandman.

When it comes to the second Sandman, Daniel, he's another part of the DCU. He's the son of Hector Hall and Lyta Trevor, the current Dr Fate of the JSA and the former Fury of Infinity Inc. Daniel also guest starred in an issue of JLA. In the issue, he told Kyle he'd be the greatest of all GL's because he knows fear, something the others didnt know. He also said Kyle needs to stop living in Hal's shadow.

For all the seperations we try to make between DC and Vertigo, they all touch on each other quite a bit.

Daniel also guest starred in an issue of JLA. In the issue, he told Kyle he'd be the greatest of all GL's because he knows fear, something the others didnt know. He also said Kyle needs to stop living in Hal's shadow.

This part is so cool, because of what is going on in Green Lantern: Rebirth right now...it actually ties into the story. Cool little tidbit.

That's because DC's current dream team are continuity whores, and all those little connections are made making us fans sque with glee.

Never actually read Sandman, besides early issues of Mystery Theater so I never knew Batman was in any of them.