Good News Or Bad News For Me???

Starscream49

Ok let me set the background first. I have my own home and in it there are 4 bedrooms. I have one, the kids have 2, and the TF have 1. Well recently my wife and I split up. Since she makes good money I deciede I should get a roommate for econmical reasons. So now its me in 1 room, kids in 1 room (when the sleep over), my roommate in 1 room and TF in 1 room.

Fast forward ahead 2 months. My wife and I are OK :) and getting back together. Between now and March she will return home.

So now the confused part for me. My roommate will still be there for at least probably a year. So I will loss my TF room completely for a year. However, since we paid off alot of stuff and now have a roommate I could have anywhere from $1000 - $2000 extra dollars a month. Obviously I will save a large portion, but can buy more too. I cant decide which would be better? A TF in my home or a butt-load more money in which I can buy ALOT more TF a month but have no where to display them.

Just save your sweet mula Screamer,since, at the moment, you don't have enough room for new TFs...besides, you never know when you'll need that extra ca$h for somethin' REALLY important...just my take on the situation....Glad things are OK now between yourself and your wife :)....

#US1#

:) :) Read my lip, money first!!!

-As long as your roommate doesn't give you problem or bother you in any way, then keep him/her. Remember, you are getting the extra cash by having your roommate.

-As long as your wife and kid are okay with your roommate, then keep him him/her. Remember, you are getting the extra cash by having your roommate.

-And you not having your own room, well, you can always share it with your wife. After all, what's wife for, ehhhe.

-As for your TF, they'll have their room back next year. Think about what you can do with those extra cash once your roommate are gone. You'll appreciate it in the long run.

1stly, congratulations for sorting things with your wife man!

Now - I feel bad asking this but I'm gonna incase it can help you - if it offends you at all plz say so and I will remove the post immediatly... will u + your wife be sharing a room? Because u said the kids share a room when they stay...so providing they fit their stuff in, that's be your problem sorted :)

here's another idea...buy a LOT of....I think u guys call it dry wall (plaster board) and tack it over your collection shelves, move in a bed + cupboard and wala... tfs are safe where no1 can get at them, just waiting to be excavated :)...if there is room...do u have a pic of that room online still?

Good luck man

Prez #US1#

Well my kids were living with her so I didnt need 2 rooms for them but when they are home permanently they both will have their own room again. Thats 2 rooms. My wife and I will share 1 and my roommate will have the last room.

I will probably put a shelf in my room to store the expensive ones and box everything else :(

Yeah Ill take some pics this week and post them.

Go for the cash, man. Then, when roomie is gone, it'll be like opening up a bigass haul from Ebay or something. :D Put 'em stackable plastic tubs, easy to access if you get the toy itch to play with 'em. And you can always put a couple of favorites on your computer desk, switch 'em out now and then for some other figures. :D

I would go for the cash, also. get a small climate controlled storage unit and box all the stuff up and store it there...that won't run much and you will still have a huge amount of money left to buy stuff and you will have a place to store them, that is safe and climate controlled!

:D

I would go for the cash, also. get a small climate controlled storage unit and box all the stuff up and store it there...that won't run much and you will still have a huge amount of money left to buy stuff and you will have a place to store them, that is safe and climate controlled!

:D

Yeah I thought of that. Should I actually display them in the storage unit? Or is that not a good idea?

Well you did mention getting bunk beds for Pacey and Gage. Let them share a room for a while. Keep your Transformers where they are. Once Ray finds a new place move them back up stairs and split the boys up again. Problem solved. :)

Go with the moola my man :) Buy toys, just keep them pogo style, & store them someplace. Maybe even rent a storeage room someplace. Allso glad to know things are ok with the wifey even though I never knew you were having problems to start with lol.

Like I said above, go with the cash, but with the toys as well, just keep em pogo styled till you can open/display them since that makes em easyer to store places. Sure you could store em loose too, but poged the toys are less likely to get damaged while being stored. I'm sure you can come up with some place to store em too... attic, or crawl space or something you wouldn't normaly think of using for you're toys...

Who knows, once you're all done you may even like em pogoed @smilepunch@

Allso what the?!.. I thought you had all you're toys displayed out in you're living room dude! You telling us you got an whole other room just for toys?! That you have never shown us?!!! You bastard! @grumpy@ @loll@ Allso dude... with those shelfs in the living room of you'res... well... I've seen the pics man! You got enough shelf space to display a years worth of toys man! They just may be crowed is all! IF anything try displaying em the scottie-way & have em all in there ALT modes for a change to save the space :)

kudos on sorting things out with the wife.

if it were me, I'ld kick the roommate out... I don't need the money and having someone there would just be annoying to me.

but if you keep the roommate, send me your TFs for safe keeping :D ...or just buy boxes and store them... your choice.

congrats on the makeup. do it for the children :)

anyways bunkbeds sounds like the answer

room1 - kids (bunks)

room2 - you guys (bunks) :D:P

room3 - roomy

room4 - tfs

I probably wouldn't store them that way. i would keep them boxed. If you stored them on display, you would jsut have to spend that much more time packing them back up again....and congrats on the make up! Very glad to hear that!

I have to say House Guest Are just like fish, after three days they stink.

I'm a Privite Person, if it was me, I tell the guest not to let the door hit him on the way out, we have no room for you since my Wife is back.

ALL kidding aside, Having someone living with you that is not Family is NEVER a good idea. I've seen some very bad situations come out of it. But do what you want, it's your house.

@optimus@ I am so glad to hear that things are working out with you and your wife. That's the best thing that can happen for your little ones. :) I'm hoping for things to be the best ever for yall. :)

I am to in agreement if you have to have the roommate for a year. Just put the TFs away in a safe climate controled storage. Then pull them all back out in a year. Except keep several of your best and favoriate bots and set up a small area in the house for them. Through the year use the $ you get from the roomate to fund your TFs and all will be great. Sounds like the best plan to me. It's almost like a years worth of free TFs.

Here is to you and your families eternaly happines togeather Starscream49! #US1#

Also for the tons of extra TFs you'll be able to pick up for the year! #US1#

Thanks guys, I think I will put them in a climate control storage unit. Then I will use the extra cash to buy whats current and any must have peices. Also maybe a few pricey peices too. Ill keep a shelf in my bedroom for the good ones as well.

Thanks also for the good wishes everyone :)

Put 'em stackable plastic tubs, easy to access if you get the toy itch to play with 'em. And you can always put a couple of favorites on your computer desk, switch 'em out now and then for some other figures. :D

That's EXACTLY what I'm doing right now. I live in a tiny apartment, so the collection goes straight into storage until I can get a house with a room to display it all in. (You been to my apartment dude?) (lol)

And starscream, I'm glad everything's okay again man. I hate to see families broken up like that, especially when there are kids involved. But sometimes it just happens and you can't help it. Glad to hear you guys are mending your marriage.

And, to get back to the topic, fortunately my father-in-law has let me store my stuff in his extra bedroom that was left vacant when his middle-daughter moved out; it used to be my wife's, and her sister destroyed it. Huh. Back when we first started dating and we'd be in her room, I would have never guessed that ten years later there'd be boxes and totes of my toys stacked everywhere in there. (lol)

Put 'em  stackable plastic tubs, easy to access if you get the toy itch to play with 'em. And you can always put a couple of favorites on your computer desk, switch 'em out now and then for some other figures. :D

That's EXACTLY what I'm doing right now. I live in a tiny apartment, so the collection goes straight into storage until I can get a house with a room to display it all in. (You been to my apartment dude?) (lol)

Nope, just tellin' what my cousin does. :D Well, he doesn't do the desk thing, but I do. ^^

Speaking of displays, I should put up all but my favorites. I need a box!