Any Vehicle Re-issues Planned For 2005?

T.A.P.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dosnt Hasbro have the Skystriker mold agian? I thought they announced that back at the con.

Yes and it was 2 Cons ago. Sadly something has happened to keep us from getting it so far. Maybe things will change this year. Speculation is, no major retailers would take it on as a exclusive since it was to big.

Draven

Funskool was offering it for sale not too long ago, and Hasbro IS making efforts to get those molds back

Almost all the molds are back from Funskool. And there is speculation there will be no more Funskool Joes. Nothing planned anytime soon it seems.

Draven

The only one I can think off the top of my head is the Rattler.  Again.

We are all praying we see the H.I.S.S. II, Moray and Stun.

i hope the Rattler is colored in blue this time round. hated the gold color from 2 yrs ago. found a few at TRU the other day

The only one I can think off the top of my head is the Rattler.  Again.

i hope the Rattler is colored in blue this time round. hated the gold color from 2 yrs ago. found a few at TRU the other day

If and that's a big if the Rattler comes I expect it to be "crimson" .

Draven

A Crimson Rattler and a Moray would be nice....I don't usually buy ARAH stuff (Not cause I don't like it...but cause I sold my collection off a few years back for something I thought was important...turns out it wasn't. =P Now there is no way I could play catch up...so I only collect the new stuff cause I still have about 90% of it) But I'd pick those both up in a heart beat....As long as they arn't exclusives to KB. That kept me from being the OCS set.

Course i like Aquatic themed Joe stuff and I love Crimson Cobra Stuff as well.

The only one I can think off the top of my head is the Rattler. Again.

A crimson rattler would be cool......as long as Hasbro dumps that sound attack garbage.

I am still hoping for a WHALE reissue to show up, but I say that every year and every year we still don't get one. :( Oh well still gotta be the optimist.........

Dosnt Hasbro have the Skystriker mold agian? I thought they announced that back at the con.

Yes and it was 2 Cons ago. Sadly something has happened to keep us from getting it so far. Maybe things will change this year. Speculation is, no major retailers would take it on as a exclusive since it was to big.

Draven

That leads me to believe they don't think the cost:size ratio is worth it. they'd probably want to charge $20-$25 bucks for it, but the size would take too much space. MMC was huge and TRU went for it. Was at decent price too. I don't know how much bigger the Skystriker is compared to the Conquest, I can't imagine it's that much bigger. Anyone feel free to enlighten me.

Funskool was offering it for sale not too long ago, and Hasbro IS making efforts to get those molds back

Almost all the molds are back from Funskool. And there is speculation there will be no more Funskool Joes. Nothing planned anytime soon it seems.

Draven

The thing is about Funskool is that it tried to give'em the original color scheme. And for the most part, it worked.

TRU/Hasbro seems to have this illogical concept that people want the really popular molds (figures and vehicles) repainted in a color scheme that's reminicient of some crazy, drug-induced hallucination.

In alot of ways, even the Crimson is too much. All that red. I had the oportunity to get a more than one OCS, but I just picked up one. I may purchase another one the next chance I get chance to, but my first impression was that it was really red. Not dark red, but just red. I contemplated for 10 minutes, deciding if I wanted so many red vehicles. The success of the OCS kinda guarantees will see future Crimson stuff, though I think it has more to do with the vehicles than the color.

TRU/Hasbro should reissue molds like the HISS 1, HISS 2, Rattler or STUN in their original colors, just to see how it goes. Or at the very least, do'em up in Cobra blue or black. I guarantee either version would do well, or at least, better than whatever funky design they'd put on it.

TRU/Hasbro should reissue molds like the HISS 1, HISS 2, Rattler or STUN in their original colors, just to see how it goes. Or at the very least, do'em up in Cobra blue or black

Right now I'd rather see a STUN reissue than another HISS reissue. They already did a HISS reissue in blue back in 2000.

The skystriker is 2 feet long, while the conquest is about 15 inches long, so there is a very noticable size difference.

I don't know why stores wouldn't go for a Skystriker if they went for the MCC, which is bigger in overall mass.

Damn! I could see it going for $29.99 then, and include two figures. Ace and Duke maybe.

TRU/Hasbro should reissue molds like the HISS 1, HISS 2, Rattler or STUN in their original colors, just to see how it goes. Or at the very least, do'em up in Cobra blue or black

Right now I'd rather see a STUN reissue than another HISS reissue. They already did a HISS reissue in blue back in 2000.

I listed those molds merely as an example of popular molds.

At this point, I'd much rather see HISS 2, FANG 1 and the STUN. Though, I'd still like a black HISS 1 (maybe 2006). I might've caught on late (my current Joe fix), but I didn't find the HISS 1 that easily attainable.

I'd recommend searching for a cheap Fuskool Fang. The stickers suck on it, but otherwise it's pretty much like the original and even has a box that's a copy of the original box. I paid $5 for mine a couple of years ago, but even now they should still be cheap as hell.

Draven

That leads me to believe they don't think the cost:size ratio is worth it. they'd probably want to charge $20-$25 bucks for it, but the size would take too much space. MMC was huge and TRU went for it. Was at decent price too. I don't know how much bigger the Skystriker is compared to the Conquest, I can't imagine it's that much bigger. Anyone feel free to enlighten me.

But the MCC did not move anywhere near as well as TRU had hoped, (it came out in, what, mid-2003?) and it really wasn't until the massive clearance when they were marked down to about $20 that many stores finally got rid of them.

I can see the reluctance on retailers' part to get another high priced item. On the other hand, the Skystriker is much cooler than an MCC, and at $25 or $30, could do well.

But I do think Hasbro is on to something with exclusive designs like the OCS and Vamp. Consider a STUN w/ Flight Pod, or LCV/Silver Mirage/Armadillo as Patrol sets.

Hasbro also has the Whale, it with the Hydrofoil would make for an interesting pair of exclusives to TRU.

Draven

But the MCC did not move anywhere near as well as TRU had hoped, (it came out in, what, mid-2003?) and it really wasn't until the massive clearance when they were marked down to about $20 that many stores finally got rid of them.

I can see the reluctance on retailers' part to get another high priced item. On the other hand, the Skystriker is much cooler than an MCC, and at $25 or $30, could do well.

But I do think Hasbro is on to something with exclusive designs like the OCS and Vamp. Consider a STUN w/ Flight Pod, or LCV/Silver Mirage/Armadillo as Patrol sets.

Hasbro also has the Whale, it with the Hydrofoil would make for an interesting pair of exclusives to TRU.

If the Skystriker is too big, then I'd like to see a Phantom X-19 reissue since that has never been reissued at all, and is still one of their best aircraft molds.