Star Wars - 2004

Bespin refugee

The original trilogy, Revenge on the horizon, and everything in-between.

Star Wars Trilogy finally released on dvd

With my vhs copies of the OT on their last leg (and then some), I finally made the leap to dvds last Christmas because of the rumored dvd set. The September release was finally confirmed in the spring; unfortunately, they only released the '97/'04 version, leaving many fans disappointed and looking for the laserdisk versions. I do wish there had been more cut scenes (only one still photo from the Anchorhead footage?). I saw the 'Behind the Magic' footage a few years ago, and I really wish it had been included; even if it is in bad shape. With rumors of a 2005/2006 prequel set, I'm wondering what the future holds for the OT. <_>

Continue the Clone Wars did.

After a cliffhanger ending last fall, we got another series of 3 minute animated adventures in the Star Wars universe. Highlights included 'Snow bunny' Padme', Anakin's "I have you now", a five minute 'finale' featuring General Grievous; and news of longer episodes in Spring 2005 leading into episode 3.

"At last we will have our Revenge."

Unless you had "Hyperspace", rumors and images were all you had for Episode 3; then came the title confirmation/reveal at San Deigo Con, the behind the scenes footage on the dvd, and teaser trailer/poster in November. With the soundtrack to be recorded in Jan/Feb, the trailer in March, and less than 150 days until Revenge of the Sith is released, the circle is almost complete.

I'm down with O-T-C, yeah you know me :P

VOTC. What else can I say? Highly articulated (at least in most cases) and packaging that I had hoped for for years. What else could I ask for, besides a lower price tag.:P Highlights of the 'standard line included Hoth Luke/ Wampa 'diorama', the repainted "ROTJ" Jabba (minus dais :(), Spirit Obi-Wan, Dagobah Luke (w/ interchangable head and arms), and the "Bespin" asst. There was also a massive release of older figures which was said to be because of the 'sudden' announcement of the dvd release (then how do you explain the 12 VOTC figs?) For the most part, I didn't mind all of the rereleases, I just wish some of the choices had been better. Where was POTJ's Bespin Han to go with the Bespin assortment? Why not a retooled Saga Tusken Raider or CommTech Jawa?

We've seen the packaging; and surprising to me, a few figures; from the ROTS toy line. The figures look okay, but, the packaging is less than impresive; bring back the OTC design...please. :)

Yeah...the VOTC line was the best...Even looking for them was somewhat fun...I really enjoyed that line...

My "best of"

1. VOTC line

2. SW on DVD...However I agree with Besin R...needed more cut scenes...

My biggest disappointments are:

1. Way.Way.Way.Way.Way.Way.Way.Way.Way to many re-paints....

2. .Way.Way.Way.Way to many things to collect...VOTC, OTC, Extended Preview figs, Unleashed, Busts, mini-busts, DVDs, video games, posters, Clone wars, etc...Just way to much to collect....Now with EPIII on the way will see 10 times the figures and assortments to collect...

I mainly remember kicking myself about not buying a Wampa, Y-Wing, Darth Vader's Tie Fighter, Darth Vader Figure Case, C-3PO Figure Case, and roughly half of the OTC figures when I saw them.

Now I can't find any of the things mentioned above. @bH@