And The Winner Is...

qeelocke

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we still needed a new SERPENTOR DD STYLE AND A NEW OVERLORD @firedevil@

This is like florida, i demand a recount @firedevil@

Recounts are for whiners! @smilepunch@ Like Serpentor you can't accept the truth! ;)

Draven

I'm really not looking forward to this Spirit. I like the old Cliche Native American theme of V1. This new "Emma Pearl" version is not my thing. Im actually kinda hopeing this one is just a Spirit head on a Snake Eyes JVC wave 3 body...and one a little more "Cliche" is on the way.

Cover Girl on the other hand......Can't wait. Her apperance on the cover is exactly what I want. So No problems there......

Really don't care about Hannibal. And I have to agree with whoever said that without Serpentor he kinda loses his meaning.

Laammmmmmmmeeeeee

I want a new Spirit and Cover Girl and they were bound to come in 2005 anyways.I wonder if Hasbro will find any name issues with Cover Girl as well...hmmmm...we'll see.Hannibal I could really care less about...and what good is that figure when there's no Serpentor to go with?

I was going for the Serpentor pack personally and I feel now that I would like to have actually had a new Roadblock as well (though before,to me,he was just 'there').I would've also loved to have gotten other figures like the DD Zartan,Storm Shadow,Mercer,Zandar,and maybe a few others over the comic pack that won.

Still,I'm glad Hasbro did this and I hope that they surprise us and end up making all three of these comic packs,I would certainly love that.

Look at it this way:

VERY few of the new sculpts have an "appropriate" look from their RAH versions. Backblast ad Leatherneck, for example. I think most people want the new sculpts to have SOME kinda of resemblance to the originals (Torch, for example). The comic packs are a good way to get that. If we DO happen to see Cover Girl or Falcon in both the 3-packs and the main line, it is a distinct possibility that the main line versions WON'T look "correct."

I'm really not looking forward to this Spirit. I like the old Cliche Native American theme of V1. This new "Emma Pearl" version is not my thing. Im actually kinda hopeing this one is just a Spirit head on a Snake Eyes JVC wave 3 body...and one a little more "Cliche" is on the way.

Cover Girl on the other hand......Can't wait. Her apperance on the cover is exactly what I want. So No problems there......

Really don't care about Hannibal. And I have to agree with whoever said that without Serpentor he kinda loses his meaning.

No the Spirit was planned by Hasbro before the poll. Its a DD version period. Hasbro said that at the con even. A lot of people like the look in the Joe fan base and quite a few guys at Hasbro did too from what I was told. So don't expect a rehashed body for Spirit at all.

Draven

No the Spirit was planned by Hasbro before the poll. Its a DD version period. Hasbro said that at the con even. A lot of people like the look in the Joe fan base and quite a few guys at Hasbro did too from what I was told. So don't expect a rehashed body for Spirit at all.

Draven

Just curious, but what did the 12" one look like?

No....Problem.

To me Spirit shouldn't be a guy in Skin tight black Spanex. Snake Eyes is the only guy that can get away with that and that's cause he is a freaking Ninja. Spirit to me is a tracker, and he should look military....not like he is about to go diveing just as soon as he gets his tank, mask, and flippers on. Dart fills that role...I was just hopeing to get something more offical from Hasbro. Since it seems they "Love" this Spirit....I'll just have to stick with Dart and take what I want from this upcoming figure (like Freedom) and throw it in the box with all my Spytroop gear, sound attack guns and AA figures.

No....Problem.

To me Spirit shouldn't be a guy in Skin tight black Spanex. Snake Eyes is the only guy that can get away with that and that's cause he is a freaking Ninja. Spirit to me is a tracker, and he should look military....not like he is about to go diveing just as soon as he gets his tank, mask, and flippers on. Dart fills that role...I was just hopeing to get something more offical from Hasbro. Since it seems they "Love" this Spirit....I'll just have to stick with Dart and take what I want from this upcoming figure (like Freedom) and throw it in the box with all my Spytroop gear, sound attack guns and AA figures.

Dart was Spirit originally before they realized they had last the name. So its no stretch to call Dart Spirit really.

But I like Dart as Dart and look forward to Spirit.

Draven

Anyone think that the Serpy pack was hurt due to Roadblock being included as one of the three? Of all the characters they could have chose why Roadblock? His look is not that different from any other of the dozens of Roadblocks we've seen lately. Why not a Mindbender, or even have Hannible in that one? It seems more like they were trying to include one lame character per issue. Give me my Serpy!! And my Overlord!! Or is there something someone like Draven might know about those two that he's not telling me.

I honestly think Serpy was hurt more from teh aspect that both Spirit and Cover Girl were really wanted. You had 2 fan favorites to 1. Say it all you want, but Overlord is not a fan favorite and honestly I could care less about getting another one. So with two heavy popular characters you had to sets of fans voting. Just my opinion.

Draven

I never realized Cover Girl was that popular. I know she hadn't had a figure since V1, but I always thought she was just eye candy for the Joes. I never really read much into the comics, so I don't really know the extent of her popularity. I was kinda hoping for a Spirit, but I had a hunch we were going to be seeing him relatively soon. And, I guess my views were biased because I thought Overlord was much more popular mainly because I had such a strong liking for him. Guess I got to be more objective when I get around to looking at the characters. I still think Roadblock did more bad than good towards the Serpy set. Maybe I just don't know how many fans of the big machine gun toting chef there are.

Cover Girl was a pretty interesting character (having been a fashion model who decided to join the military) as well as being one of only a handful of female Joes, which currently stands at 5 (Scarlet, Cover Girl, Lady Jaye, Jinx, Bombshell)

It will be nice to finally get a Spirit figure. So far, we have already had 2 head molds that would have been good for a Spirit figure (Dart, Nunchuk) but Hasbro had yet to make him.

I don't know anything about Hannibal, but being a child, my guess is he will only be around 2 inches tall.

Though I like Serpentor, we will be getting him in another comic pack with a new face sculpt (the same snake-head mask, just a different face inside) that I will be happy with, as well as Scrap Iron and Firefly.

And btw what makes anyone think we are not bound to get most or all of them anyway. ;)

Draven

That'd be good, I really Liked the idea of the Mariner, Mayday, Raptor Viper pack, but alas the same reason I liked it would be the same reason it never stood a chance: being all new characters with no nostalgia hook for the masses...

Though I like Serpentor, we will be getting him in another comic pack with a new face sculpt (the same snake-head mask, just a different face inside) that I will be happy with, as well as Scrap Iron and Firefly.

That Serpentor looks lame from the preview pics and is a let down...He needs a totally new sculpt.

Grayghost

Okay does everyone know now that Hannibal is the oldest of the clones and is probably in his early twenties. He's the one that went toe to toe with Cover Girl, Spirt and Snake Eyes and lived to tell about it.

Now I wonder if the people who voted for that set knew that he was going to be a standard size figure or if they only voted for that set because they thought they'd get a figure the size of a small child?

I never realized Cover Girl was that popular. I know she hadn't had a figure since V1, but I always thought she was just eye candy for the Joes. I never really read much into the comics, so I don't really know the extent of her popularity. I was kinda hoping for a Spirit, but I had a hunch we were going to be seeing him relatively soon. And, I guess my views were biased because I thought Overlord was much more popular mainly because I had such a strong liking for him. Guess I got to be more objective when I get around to looking at the characters. I still think Roadblock did more bad than good towards the Serpy set. Maybe I just don't know how many fans of the big machine gun toting chef there are.

I still don't think Roadblock did any damage. Every die hard Serpy fan I know voted for him!

Draven

And btw what makes anyone think we are not bound to get most or all of them anyway. ;)

Draven

That's what I was thinking... give us the one we "want" first as a tease... the throw the rest at us... I bet next years Toy Fair will have a bunch of those sets coming out... here's for hoping!!!

Draven

That's what I was thinking... give us the one we "want" first as a tease... the throw the rest at us... I bet next years Toy Fair will have a bunch of those sets coming out... here's for hoping!!!

Joe you have some good insight. Try the lottery too. ;)

Draven

Well at least all the Cover Girl fans will be happy cause I guarantee thats the only reason this pack won. Hannibal....c'mon man what a terrible choice for a figure. When I voted I went for what I thought would be the best figure 3-pack......not just for what ONE figure I wanted the most. I voted for the Lady Jaye/Mercer/Hawk pack.......we need a newer Lady Jaye (none of here figures to date have done her justice) and how fricken cool is Mercer. We needed another version of this character.......hopefully styled after his version 1 mold (and the version in the movie...I mean thats how he looked in the book too) I would take another Hawk too.......thats why I went for this pack.

Now we're getting 2 characters that nobody really wants just to get a Cover Girl.......I guarantee everyone is going to complain about the figure too when we see pics. How boring is Spirits newer style too......I'm kinda disappointed.....I'll still get the set but I think there were better sets to choose from.

Now we're getting 2 characters that nobody really wants just to get a Cover Girl

Spirit is a character that alot of fans have been waiting for, just as much as Cover Girl.

I don't know anything about Hannibal. I figured he was a child, because of the cover art shown for the set (which showed Cover Girl, Spirit, and a child)