Return Of The Accessory Packs

toonces

well actually, i just wanted to know if you all thought there was any way they could return, and if you would buy them if they did.

i know it would be tough until they get some kind of consistency with the figure molds, but if they wanted, they could fix the "standard buck" after vvv and make accessories that actually made figures better, not just gunked them up with "stuff" they didnt need. plus, it would be a way to phase-in some smaller playsets or gun platform type accessories like they had in early rah (bivouac, watch tower, etc). anyway, do you think they (accessory packs or small playsets) would sell, and, what would you like to see?

I think if they returned, it'd be nice if they catered to the army-builders, who may want 10-20 '82 Cobra Officer AK-47s in BLACK, rather than a useless blue or red plastic. Rather than just one of each, I'd rather have a bunch of basic assault rifles, a few pistols and SMGs, and a couple single specialty weapons.

I think accessory packs are a good idea but bringing back the small playsets would be amazing! As a kid I got soooo much play out of things like the bivouac and bunker. They're great for setting up the "mood" for your figures and definitely great to help build dioarams with if you're feeling more ambitious!

yeah, figure stands would be a nice start. why do some joes come with them and others not?

also, i was thinking, maybe hasbro is trying the playset idea out with the ninja battles. if that sells (which it will), maybe we will see more playsets!

Same here. I wouldnt mind seeing accessory packs, but I would really love to see small playsets come back. I think they are taking a step in the right direction by releasing the platform that comes with the ninja 5 pack and the venom changer. By the way, when is the venom changer supposed to be out???

I would like to see the accessory packs come back. I never got ahold of any as a kid.

Maybe they will do that as a mail-away offer (watch it be a bunch Scarlett Cross-bows, and SE swords)

well actually, i just wanted to know if you all thought there was any way they could return, and if you would buy them if they did.  it would be a way to phase-in some smaller playsets or gun platform type accessories like they had in early rah (bivouac, watch tower, etc). anyway, do you think they (accessory packs or small playsets) would sell, and, what would you like to see?

I'd buy accessory packs and multiples of little playsets like the "bivouac, watch tower, etc" that you mentioned. Hasbro should learn that these would be hot sellers and money makers if they put them out. I think they can see this with the three Target sets they put out that seemed to move there for some time, but accessory packs and playsets would move even faster. We need figure stands included in all these sets also... I'd like to see both and think both would sell like hotcakes!

Grayghost

What I'd like to see make the pack:

-Viper rifle

-the AK-47 w/scope... without the scope (probably the best all around version)

-Hit & Run's Colt SMG

-IG's UZI

-Annihilator's SMG

-Tracker's MP5SD (the best version of the MP5 thus far)

-JvC Duke's M4 SOPMOD

-JvC Ripper's M4/M870

-Shockwave's UZI

-Sub-Zero's M60 (including the bipod and ammo belt - best version!)

-Firefly v3's MSG-90

-That M16 that everything is coming with

And just for kicks, Rock & Roll v2's mini-gun system.

Would also like to see other accessories including a pouch or two from Big Ben, and those grenades. Also, those grenades that came with the Frag-Viper are cool also.

Part of the problem with the old sets is too many small pieces.  Compare the Bivouac with the Gun Station that came with Dart/Big Brawler.

Yeah, there really is no comparison. The new mini-playsets (if you could even term them that) are very simplistic/nothing substantial.

What did you mean "too many small parts?" Saftey-wise for children? Or for production costs?

Grayghost

Part of the problem with the old sets is too many small pieces.  Compare the Bivouac with the Gun Station that came with Dart/Big Brawler.

Yeah, there really is no comparison. The new mini-playsets (if you could even term them that) are very simplistic/nothing substantial.

What did you mean "too many small parts?" Saftey-wise for children? Or for production costs?

Grayghost

Both, but more for production. As you said, the new stuff is really simplistic. I seriously doubt they would reissue the old sets (though I wish they would), but if they did "revamped" versions, the new sets wouldn't be as complicated, I don't think.

Both, but more for production.  As you said, the new stuff is really simplistic.  I seriously doubt they would reissue the old sets (though I wish they would), but if they did "revamped" versions, the new sets wouldn't be as complicated, I don't think.

Well, I guess they could eliminate the smallest pieces for safety (But I think Joes already come with pretty small pieces/weapons so that shouldn't be a huge factor). From a production standpoint, I guess it could get complicated, but it would be worth Hasbro's time/effort for a money maker in the end. I agree, if they could simplify the sets to help with cost then more power to them so we can get some playsets, but not so simplistic and small they are like the gun station.

The Joe Outpost Defender from the 80's was pretty simplistic and I would like to see that one again also..... Maybe something like the Check Point Alpha w/gate could be molded solid instead of having 6 pieces that make up the tower for example.....

A Cobra Bunker would rock also..either reissued or new.....that was pretty simplistic as was L.A.W.

Grayghost

You can blame the Star Wars E1 packs as the reason you won't see them ever again. Retailers won't buy them and Hasbro has no desire to push them ever again.

Draven

Damn it!

Forgot about those.

How could you! @smilepunch@ Those suckers sat at even 50 cents at most TRU's for months.

Draven

I seriously doubt they would reissue the old sets (though I wish they would), but if they did "revamped" versions, the new sets wouldn't be as complicated, I don't think.

They could have these sets pre-built already. Most of the loose stuff in the Bivouac are weapons. So, the Bivouac and 2 figures for $9.99.

SOLD!

The Joe Outpost Defender from the 80's was pretty simplistic and I would like to see that one again also.....
That was one of my favorite Joe items, I wouldn't mind getting a second one (I think part of mine broke) and a 'Check Point'; especially when I see those CORPS sets. I really had my hopes up when I heard about the SW sets, I sure wish they had been handled better (no stands?!?) :(

You can blame the Star Wars E1 packs as the reason you won't see them ever again. Retailers won't buy them and Hasbro has no desire to push them ever again.

Draven

It's sad that failures with another line would hamper the possibilities of the Joe line....I don't collect Star Wars so I would not have thought of the point you brought up... I still say it would be like comparing apples and oranges when looking at those two lines, the Joe items would sell and there should be no comparision between the lines. But try to tell that to retailers.... Hopefully, the Joe line will stick around a while where Hasbro can try some different things like accessory packs/small playsets. Things like the Ninja Battle set that they are coming out with, but with more play factored into them than just a base to play on.

Grayghost

The only accessories from the packs I never liked are the powder-blue ones released early on. I liked the rest though.

Anyway, for accessory packs, I'd include lots of small weapons that Hasbro is apparently reluctant to release and doesn't release much of as a result. I hate everyone carrying around giant guns.

Draven

It's sad that failures with another line would hamper the possibilities of the Joe line....I don't collect Star Wars so I would not have thought of the point you brought up... I still say it would be like comparing apples and oranges when looking at those two lines, the Joe items would sell and there should be no comparision between the lines. But try to tell that to retailers....

I collect both Joes and SW (as well as Transformers) and it really is like Apples and Oranges. Frist off Accessory Packs for Star Wars are pretty useless. Almost every Star Wars figure comes with exactly what you saw him have on the screne. Kids don't need accessory packs for Star Wars figures. If Obi-Wan used a Grappleing hook.....there is one outta the 15 Obi-Wans that has a Grappleing hook.

And on top of that it was part of the blitz turned glut that was Episode 1. That not only killed the chances of accessory packs, but it almost killed the secondary market of Star Wars stuff.

In the end I think these things would do better at retail then the Star Wars ones did. You should sneak them in....Put one troop builder figure in a pack and then stuff in a lot of weapons around him....And sell it as a "One Man Cobra Army" or some crap like that, so the retailers won't even give it a 2nd glance.