Preview Pics Of Comic 3-pack Wave 4 Now Online

coreystinson

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how that SS has sleeveless arms like he did in the comic; the original had those little short sleeves. Cool. I like 'em all, except for Duke's arms. Meh. Like the SE, but please Hasbro, give that mold a break already! But Firefly looks durn-near perfect. Love Roadblock and Destro. Scrappy's pretty good. Not sure about Serpy though...

Scarp Iron - Same old figure but looks great with those detailed colors.

Serpentor - I'm hoping that head dress is removable, looks a little big but I'm liking that he has a decent head underneath.

Firefly - I'm loving that new head. Looks like the original, only better.

Snake-Eyes - Whatever.

Storm Shadow - I'm glad he is sleveless but I was hoping for a new head. That head is dated.

Red Ninja -Disapointing. That V2 Storm Shadow head looks nothing like the Red Ninjas. They would have been better of using a Mortal Kombat ninja head.

Road Block - About time that mold got a decent head. The old head stunk.

Duke - Another figure that was in dire need of a decent head. And they have him short sleeves! Love it.

Destro - Should he have white gloves like that? I guess this is an OK figure but I'd rather the head be in that metalic plastic.

I'm just starting to get my old figures back from Ebay, etc... and would I be disappointed if I spent $25 on a Viper only to have its value drop to $10 if TRU released a six-pack? Not really... I paid that much because that's what it was worth to me.

It's not even that. The quality of the reissue/repaint would be no where near the level of the original. His head would look down at the ground, this gloves would be flesh-colored and besides not having the original legs, his boots would be colored all wrong too.

I like the concept of the comic packs, and these recent pics shows a move forward in quality (choice of color scheme, foremost, while being remincient to the original style), and not having any of the Comic Packs myself yet (hopefully will change next week), but if they are anything like the TRU packs, then I don't think anyone has anything to fear. The final product is usually mauled by stray paint and other oddities.

Moving on...

Ya, i dont like the argument "who cares if the toys go down in price" because everybody collects toys differently. Some collect MIB, some collect loose, some collect for the cash, some collect for the fun. Personally, i fall under all of those categories, but who wants to buy a 84 storm shadow for 40 bucks one month and have it be worth 10 the next?? you feel almost violated. And i HAVE put a lot of money into my collection, and to see that that money was wasted because of the market crashing due to remakes wouldnt make me happy.

Personally, i dont think these figs will decrease the value of the oldies, maybe the comics(which arent worth anything anyway) but not figures. If they start re-releasing...say... 84 firefly's walkie-talkie, that would surely decrease his value.

I never collected these toys for any "value" out of them, other than the great pleasure they give me in just merely HAVING them to begin with. I like them...I like LOOKING at them, and "playing" with them, customizing, displaying etc..

I will NEVER part with these toys of mine, so no "value" of one over the other, because it's harder to find or rare, will ever matter or make any difference to me, except in the event of my having to purchase one off eBay, and somebody who DOES care about such silly "values" jacks the freaking price up, to make it "worth it" to part with their valued and rare treasure. ^_^

I understand these mentalities exist, but I really don't understand them. If you have a carded original '84 Storm Shadow, it's not going to lose ANY value, because of a reissue of a like figure, because it's not exact to it, and not in it's original package. Maybe a LOOSE '84 Storm Shadow would be less likely to maintain it's prior "value", with a newer one available at retail now, but I still gotta think..."who cares"?

I'm only in the game for the emotional value I get from having something I think is cool in such an ABUNDANCE! I know it's probably more mature and adult-like, to throw around fancy numbers and dollar signs when talking hobbies and collections, but I'm just a big kid who likes his Joes, so when THAT kind of conversation breaks out.....I'm snoozin'!

@lol@

btw..I'm not trying to put anyone down specifically, just reflecting on the subject matter mentioned.

Meanwhile......

f5dff16c.jpg

THIS GUY ROCKS!! @bounce@

Why does everyone keep saying that StormShadow has a new head sculpt? It`s the exact same head just differant arms! Serpentor looks pretty goofy though.

And I think it's just the upper part of the arms that is different.

Still, I think this SS is great. Nice classic style saves me from needing an original v1. Though, I usually don't like my Joes sleeveless.

I never collected these toys for any "value" out of them, other than the great pleasure they give me in just merely HAVING them to begin with. I like them...I like LOOKING at them, and "playing" with them, customizing, displaying etc..

I will NEVER part with these toys of mine, so no "value" of one over the other, because it's harder to find or rare, will ever matter or make any difference to me, except in the event of my having to purchase one off eBay, and somebody who DOES care about such silly "values" jacks the freaking price up, to make it "worth it" to part with their valued and rare treasure.

I understand these mentalities exist, but I really don't understand them. If you have a carded original '84 Storm Shadow, it's not going to lose ANY value, because of a reissue of a like figure, because it's not exact to it, and not in it's original package. Maybe a LOOSE '84 Storm Shadow would be less likely to maintain it's prior "value", with a newer one available at retail now, but I still gotta think..."who cares"?

I'm only in the game for the emotional value I get from having something I think is cool in such an ABUNDANCE! I know it's probably more mature and adult-like, to throw around fancy numbers and dollar signs when talking hobbies and collections, but I'm just a big kid who likes his Joes, so when THAT kind of conversation breaks out.....I'm snoozin'!

Thanks for putting into better words what I was trying to say.

Anyway, I'm happy Firefly, Storm Shadow and Scrap Iron are in this wave. I was contemplating getting that TRU sixpack with them, but these are much better versions. (And if anyone from Hasbro is reading this, don't worry - you don't ship them to Canada, so I'd have to get it off some ebay scalper - you won't lose a dime.)

Man..I really like those.

But what you guys think..they keep making these reissues of figures like this. Will it drive down the value of the originals?

I just hope hasbro doesn't flood the market with the same figure over and over and over.

I wonder if Hasbro plans on making all 155 issues..LOL

That's just it, they AREN'T reissues. Almost every comic pack figure has had a new head, at the least. Some have had other parts changed.

If anything, it is the CHARACTERS that keep getting reused. Stalker and Scarlett in 2 comic packs, Snake Eyes in 3.

Comic #21: Gee what a surprise, whom ELSE would they use but Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow?

Snake Eyes: The head looks nice and the body is necessary if that is the look of the issue, but it REALLY should be retired. Wen we see Snake Eyes again in a future comic 3-pack, hopefuly he will use ANY other Snake Eyes mold.

Storm Shadow: The arms definately improve the scrawny look of the mold and the details is great, considering how old the mold is (granted it was only used 5 times). But why not his original gear? Did they lose it after 1997?

Red Ninja: Nothing to say.

Issue 24: Did the characters REALLY look like that in the comic? @?@

Roadblock: Nice head sculpt, but what's with those pants?

Duke: Again, nice head sculpt, but couldn't they find less scrawny arms?

Destro: Not much to say other than those gloves are bizarre.

Issue #49

Scrap-Iron: Too bad no new head. Not that it sucks (and it's only been used twice), just that new heads have been a common theme for the 3-packs. Whose legs?

Firefly: Definately a mold that needs to be retired. Does he have a new head (can't tell)? Looks like the lower legs are new also. And nice to see the backpack cover again.

Serpentor: Nothing to really say, other than did his helmet come off in the issue? The helmet looks a little large.

That Red Ninja has his arms done really well (sleeve and forearm area). I wish the CotN set was done this nicely. The flesh painting and green gunk on his forearm was a mess. I'm still waiting and looking for a set that's decent (I want more ninjas but I can't justify buying another crappily done SS v2).

That Red Ninja has his arms done really well (sleeve and forearm area). I wish the CotN set was done this nicely. The flesh painting and green gunk on his forearm was a mess. I'm still waiting and looking for a set that's decent (I want more ninjas but I can't justify buying another crappily done SS v2).

Yeah, but don't forget, preview pictures almost always look better than the finished product.

Ya, i dont like the argument "who cares if the toys go down in price" because everybody collects toys differently. Some collect MIB, some collect loose, some collect for the cash, some collect for the fun. Personally, i fall under all of those categories, but who wants to buy a 84 storm shadow for 40 bucks one month and have it be worth 10 the next?? you feel almost violated.  And i HAVE put a lot of money into my collection, and to see that that money was wasted because of the market crashing due to remakes wouldnt make me happy. 

Personally, i dont think these figs will decrease the value of the oldies, maybe the comics(which arent worth anything anyway) but not figures.  If they start re-releasing...say... 84 firefly's walkie-talkie, that would surely decrease his value.

I will NEVER part with these toys of mine, so no "value" of one over the other, because it's harder to find or rare, will ever matter or make any difference to me, except in the event of my having to purchase one off eBay, and somebody who DOES care about such silly "values" jacks the freaking price up, to make it "worth it" to part with their valued and rare treasure. ^_^

@lol@

btw..I'm not trying to put anyone down specifically, just reflecting on the subject matter mentioned.

Meanwhile......

f5dff16c.jpg

THIS GUY ROCKS!! @bounce@

Very well said VH! :)

Draven

Comic #21: Gee what a surprise, whom ELSE would they use but Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow?

Snake Eyes: The head looks nice and the body is necessary if that is the look of the issue, but it REALLY should be retired. Wen we see Snake Eyes again in a future comic 3-pack, hopefuly he will use ANY other Snake Eyes mold.

Storm Shadow: The arms definately improve the scrawny look of the mold and the details is great, considering how old the mold is (granted it was only used 5 times). But why not his original gear? Did they lose it after 1997?

Red Ninja: Nothing to say.

Issue 24: Did the characters REALLY look like that in the comic? @?@

Roadblock: Nice head sculpt, but what's with those pants?

Duke: Again, nice head sculpt, but couldn't they find less scrawny arms?

Destro: Not much to say other than those gloves are bizarre.

Issue #49

Scrap-Iron: Too bad no new head. Not that it sucks (and it's only been used twice), just that new heads have been a common theme for the 3-packs. Whose legs?

Firefly: Definately a mold that needs to be retired. Does he have a new head (can't tell)? Looks like the lower legs are new also. And nice to see the backpack cover again.

Serpentor: Nothing to really say, other than did his helmet come off in the issue? The helmet looks a little large.

I suspect they did loose his v1 gear. But simple solution for, me is put my original Stormie away in storage. Keep his weapons out on this new vastly improved one! :)

Draven

Firefly:  Definately a mold that needs to be retired.  Does he have a new head (can't tell)?  Looks like the lower legs are new also.  And nice to see the backpack cover again.

Definitely a new head mold.

f5dff2da.jpg

c6_1_b.JPG

Firefly:  Definately a mold that needs to be retired.  Does he have a new head (can't tell)?  Looks like the lower legs are new also.  And nice to see the backpack cover again.

Definitely a new head mold.

f5dff2da.jpg

c6_1_b.JPG

Ah, thanks. Interesting that they did a better detailing job on this one then even the original.

Too bad the new version doesn't have the Red Cobra symbol on the arm though. That little bit of Red, just gives it that...that...UMPH? ^_^