Preview Pics Of Comic 3-pack Wave 4 Now Online

coreystinson

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Corey, I'm just outright impressed! These sets came out much better then I expected.

Issue #21 - Snake Eyes' new head is quite impressive, but you can really see that 22 year old body of his is starting to look pretty thin. I think Storm Shadow is absolutely perfect. You can't ask for anything better. As for the Red Ninja, I'm not sure. It works as the character, it's another greatly appreciated use of the v2 Storm Shadow mold, but I just doesn't strike me as being as faithful to the Red Ninja look.

Issue #24 - Excellent head sculpt for Destro. I'm not really fond of the body, due to it's bulkish design and the fact that it's been used a few times too many, but he still is able to look good. Duke is my absolute favorite figure of this wave - hands down. His original look, new head, how can you lose? Roadblock I'm mixed on. Another excellent new head sculpt, but that 84 body just has never fit the profile of the hulking machine gunner.

Issue #49 - Serpentor's new removable cowel is really cool, and I can't wait to see the unmasked face. Excellent choice. Firefly is a luke warm sight, as how many times can I deal with that mold before I go insane? But the new head is perfect and makes up for the tooling and character abuse/reuse. And I'm pretty nutral on Scrap Iron. Nice colors, bad accessories, and - Didn't I just buy this figure a few weeks ago in a six pack? Oh well.

EXCELLENT comic series line up and I can't wait to buy these en masse.

I'm sure they'll look better on the shelves, but right now the colors look a little strange and that Serpentor just looks demented.

I'm still a little bent that they started skipping around and we still haven't seen a Dr. Venom, Regular outfit Kwinn, Scarface and others, but what can you do?

WOW, these look great I like Scrap Iron and Duke a lot, and we also get a bumble bee Serpentor ;). It does look like a removable helmet KILLER!

Thanks for the pics Corey- these are going to be great.

Man..I really like those.

But what you guys think..they keep making these reissues of figures like this. Will it drive down the value of the originals?

I just hope hasbro doesn't flood the market with the same figure over and over and over.

I wonder if Hasbro plans on making all 155 issues..LOL

Man..I really like those.

But what you guys think..they keep making these reissues of figures like this. Will it drive down the value of the originals?

I just hope hasbro doesn't flood the market with the same figure over and over and over.

I wonder if Hasbro plans on making all 155 issues..LOL

yeah you have a good point, but it might actually make the value of the older figure more, since people might want the original mold. As far as 155 issues! WOW now would'nt that be something lol, I know it would not happen, only key issues I feel - but what is funny given the time it take HASBRO to put out a new wave of comic packs I will be 85 and still not have all 155 comic pack issues yet! @loll@

Oh why, oh why do I have to be a poor person? I want all of them. Serpy's helmet is kinda weird though.

Honestly, who cares? If you're "investing" in loose figures, you should probably talk to someone from the bank for better ideas. I don't think that MOC figures would drop much, if at all.

The big disappointment for me is Duke's arms. Details count for a lot, and it really bugs me that there's no rolled up sleeve. This is really annoying - there has been a figure already (Steeler) with a molded rolled up sleeve when his sleeves weren't rolled up at all, and now this. I mean, just change the part, Hasbro, PLEASE.

I love the new head/old body idea though. I think that Snake Eyes looks great. The painted highlights really bring out the details that were lost on some of the older molds.

That snake eyes figure is still going to suck and be worthless if they don't switch his waist up with an original one, like the one shown in Rock n' Roll's 3pack.

What's exactly wrong with the waist? Is is just because it doesn't look like the original, or is there another problem there?

Hot damn those are awesome!! Some thoughts on each figure:

Scrap Iron: I like the classic colors, but I've never been a fan of red boots. Hasbro! Please pack Scraps with his original weapons!!

Serpentor: Removeable mask looks pretty interesting. At first I didn't care for his colors, but they do look like snake colors so I can live with it.

Firefly: Hmmm....I might have to use this as my default FF now. I didn't think they could top the one from the Urban pack but I'm not so sure now!

Snake Eyes: Love the new head sculpt but they need to "beef" him up a bit.

Storm Shadow: My favorite of all the previews pics!! This is one bad-ass figure! I've waited for a Stormy replacement that I like for so many years....and here he is!! Awesome!

Red Ninja: Meh...I like the set from TRU better.

Roadblock: GREAT new headsculpt...needs a new non-wimpy body. But you all know that ;)

Duke: Great update! I'm so thrilled that they didn't use the same old grinning Duke head. Kudos Hasbro!

Destro: Perfect new headsculpt! I never cared for that Destro body (I hate the big pimpy collar) but the new headsculpt makes up for it. Are those WHITE gloves? Ugh.

The comics packs continue to impress me overall. They are really the only thing that keeps me interested in Joes these days. Sure, the TRU sets are cool, and the Vamp and Crimson HISS sets are welcome additions. But these comic packs are really what keeps me hooked on Joes.

Thanks for the pics Corey! If any of you haven't tried Smalljoes.com, you need to. Great service and great selection of product, not just Joes.

When are they supposed to hit? I'm guessing late Winter, early spring some time?

@bats@

I like Destro's mold but I think these are "mock ups" the head does not blend in with the body it seems as though the round part of his head it attached to a silver part of some kind, I think they will look different when they are released.

Destro: Perfect new headsculpt! I never cared for that Destro body (I hate the big pimpy collar) but the new headsculpt makes up for it. Are those WHITE gloves? Ugh.

Reminds me of Mickey Mouse :) @loll@