Green Lantern Power Rings

Green Lantern

Hello,

I'm curious to see what GL ring owners think of the rings they have or have seen.

So if you have the DCD rings, either from the boxset or the statues, please chime in with some details on your impressions of the rings.

I'm also curious to see if any of you out there have tried to make your own GL rings or if you've bought any "custom" rings, like those on Ebay.

I still have my old DC Direct Hal Jordan ring, that came with the first Hal figure. I'm hoping DC makes new versions in honor of "Rebirth" at a higher level of quality.

GL

I have a cool GL ring that I think came with a subscription to the GL:Mosaic series that was spun out of the GL comic when Hla, Guy, and John were all starring in the book (before Kyle). Cost me 50c at a toy show.

DCD sinestro also comes with a ring, a yellow version of the GL ring.

Wonder Man from the Avengers line which ties to the short lived cartoon came with an Avengers ring.

ive got the pvc rings that came with the DC Direct GREEN LANTERN figures. ive got two of the Mosaic give-away rings, ive got the (FIRST) HAL JORDAN POWER BATTERY and RING PROP, Ive ot the DC Direct Superfriends pvc rings, and hal, alan and kyle's ring / bust statues. im getting the 5-ring set and they are all displayed with my DC Direct figs.

I worked at a comic shop back when the Mosaic rings were released. I had several of them at one time, but now I just have one.

I just have the DCD one size fits all ring. Hopefully, I'll get a nice one real soon.

Arch

I have all the pvc rings for Hal, Kyle, and Alan. Alan and Kyle's are nice to wear as they really are one size for all. Hal's isn't. The ring that I wear is the one from the GL bust statues. I know they say not to but damn it works. Those rings are being rereleased as that Planet Krypton Ring set, which I'm getting again. I enjoy those rings. The best part is if your a fan of Kyle, Hal, or Alan you have your pick. Me--Hal fan!! --Christopher

Cyclops,

Why does DCD say you aren't supposed to wear the rings? Are the paint jobs badly done? I too am a big Hal Jordan fan, and would like to get the ring/bust, but I'm not going to buy something I can't wear. The frustrating thing about DCD is that they aren't taking the time to produce nicely made rings that can be worn.

Also, Captain Wiseman, as a metalsmith, can you tell me if there is a green metal that can be used to make rings from? I'd imagine you'd have to use paint, but if so, what's the best paint for such a thing?

GL

I worked at a comic shop back when the Mosaic rings were released.  I had several of them at one time, but now I just have one.

Is that the big plastic one with the glow-in-the-dark center? Just trying to figure out which one I have.

I have some of these.

They were handed out as freebies by comic stores about 10 years ago ( ??) and I scored about a dozen or so.

They have a big clunky face, the glow in the dark insert and a thick solid finger loop.