Latest Voltron Mp Prototype - Wow!!!

Reminator

:) :) By the matrix, oh wait wrong show, holy moly that is most beautiful creature I have ever seen!!! Must have!!!

Wow, that is a big improvement! Earlier, I was a little bit disapointed that the black lion leg was sticking out during the Voltron stage in the color prototype. But now, it seemed they follow the old convention Matchbox/Trendmaster transformation. Look beautiful!

Secondly, how about that articulation! My oh my, gorgeous!

Lastly, is it my eye deceiving me or this latest prototype looks more detailing than the early color version? Non-color prototype always look for some reason, so let's hope they painted beautifully in the finish product.

As Voltron:

http://toynami.com/popup_voltron_final-p01.html

As Lions:

http://toynami.com/popup_voltron_final-p11.html

Well, it looks better than the first prototype shots I saw, but I'm still not convinced it's worth buying...

I'd be interested in seeing some comparison shots of all the lions together, too...

I have the Matchbox version, and while this one is better, I'm not sure that it's really that much better...

I would guess:

produced in US dicast-$70  or  plastic-$45

produced in Japan dicast-$100 or plastic-$65

:) :) I wish that's true.

But from what I read on the Voltron board, it's going to go around $150+ or was it $175 for the total 3 boxes. They'll package in 3 bookstyles with the black lion packages by itself.

The lion themselve have partial diecast for those that's curious.

I would guess:

produced in US dicast-$70  or  plastic-$45

produced in Japan dicast-$100 or plastic-$65

:) :) I wish that's true.

But from what I read on the Voltron board, it's going to go around $150+ or was it $175 for the total 3 boxes. They'll package in 3 bookstyles with the black lion packages by itself.

The lion themselve have partial diecast for those that's curious.

What!!! Three boxes?! I heard he's only a foot tall, why in the ham sandwich would they make the packaging cost higher and have it in 3 frigin differnt boxes? I want to display him in full voltron mode so that means when I buy him I have to take the lions out of the boxes.....Hello they are dealing with collectors here! I'm sure most people want to display him as voltron and dont want to take them out of their boxes to do so.

• 3 weeks later...

i don't think it beats out the recalled lead based paint version, although they didn't have the horrible elbow joints, which means it only really looks good in voltron and not the lions, and the one i had the lions were more in size of each other, the arms didn't look like cubs

• 1 month later...

:) :) Okay, according to the bigbadtoystore.com newsletter:

TOYNAMI PRE-ORDERS:

VOLTRON: Toynami has released the final information on this great set. Priced at $149.99 the 5 lions will be packaged in one of their 'Forever Mint-In-Box' packages. The set will stand around 11 inches tall when assembled and all 5 lions will each feature die cast metal and sturdy plastic parts. The set arrives in Summer 2005 - pre-orders are available - only 15,000 sets will be produced!

So, Toynami has released the final information eh? I didn't see in toynami website yet, other than the old and new prototype pic. I'm just glad that price is around $150 and not $170-$200 like earlier speculation. So, let's hope for summer 2005.

Bigbadtoystore pre-order:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.asp?...p?Queryid=pr015

Another website that also take MP Voltron pre-order is AFX:

http://store.yahoo.com/actionfigurexpress/volima.html

So, this $149.99 pricetax has now been confirmed by two online stores.

wow that is looking super sweet......125 bucks.....I'm not sure yet, that might just be a little too much for me.