Megatron In The New Movie

motleycool

ok this was an intresting topic, but on topic i doubt they will use the alt line for the movie, because that takes away from the money they can make from the toys based on the movies unless they re-release them with extra special something.

Wow, I didn't think this thread would still be alive after a couple of days... But I'm glad it turned into something a little more down to earth, anyway.

PROBABLY, (COUGH)F@GGOTS! WHATA BUNCH OF CLOWNS. YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR MOUTH OR ILL BEAT YOU UP. I KNOW KARATE!

That's just uncalled for.

ok this was an intresting topic, but on topic i doubt they will use the alt line for the movie, because that takes away from the money they can make from the toys based on the movies unless they re-release them with extra special something.

Well, on one hand they could save money by doing it... But why would they? They know collectors are going to be all over the movie line, so why alienate them by cheaping out?

What would be really nice is if they took the chance to make the movie line COMPATIBLE with the Alternators and 20th Anniversary Prime. You know, make them the same "scale" (not 1:24 - you know what I mean) with the same level of detail.

But then again... they DO like saving money...

BOY, WHEN THEN I BETTER WATCH MYSELF OR A BUNCH OF TOY COLLECTORS WILL EAT ME ALIVE. PROBABLY, (COUGH)F@GGOTS! WHATA BUNCH OF CLOWNS. YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR MOUTH OR ILL BEAT YOU UP. I KNOW KARATE!

#WTF# Someone needs a nap

I was assuming megatron would be a tank or something to that type.

Atleast if they use a tank I think the majority of fans would be cool with it but if Megs turns out to be a Toyota Echo some one is getting b*%ch slapped.

Hey how aout Megs being an artillery gun? That could work and he would still look G1-ish The stand: his legs and feet, body-the chest, barrel-arm and blaster

I assume Megs will be a tank, just as I assume there will be a new toy line for the movie. Alternators, while quite lovely, were designed with collecters, not kids in mind. Toys based on a movie based on a toy line will be designed and marketed with kids in mind, with the average Autobot being a deluxe, that sort of thing. At least this is what I consider a logical guess, and what I would do if I wanted to sell more toys.

Hey how aout Megs being an artillery gun? That could work and he would still look G1-ish The stand: his legs and feet, body-the chest, barrel-arm and blaster

Not a bad idea, really. But they might want something with a bit more manueverability. Now it could work if there was another ground vehicle to tow him around. Like Soundwave if they went with some sort of communicatons vehicle mode for him.

Unfortunately, this films ALREADY under heavy scrutiny from the fans. And an alt mode thats out of left field, relatively speaking could meet up with more criticism from the fan base.

While not trying to crap upon your idea, which I do feel has merit, I can see the fans grping "Why couldnt they have at least made him a tank?" already. Dont tell me this wouldnt happen. I mean Id give it a shot, but the fan base can be incredibly fickle when a new element is added.

Well if they really CAN get Welker to reprise the role, and keep distinct visual elements like at the bucket helmet, that in and of itself will go a long way for me.

That's the key, really. Tank or not, if he basically looks like the G1 Megatron, I can't see how anyone can really complain.

I know that doc, every 80's reincarnation has its 101% purists and its winers. I only mentioned that because that wouldhelp out with an acurate G1 look.